Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 (30566 Views)

Senate: APC Secures 59 Seats, PDP 36, LP 8, NNPP 2, SDP 2 / 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / Diaspora APC Secures Airlines' Discounts To Returnee Nigerian Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by atiku07(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:
I already put him there, but senate president should go to the ss
Senate president can not go to south south they are all first timers and also de second timer is at disadvantage to,o had it been Akpabio made it it could have been a real contest but as it stands no story north east gets it. however gbajabiamilla will be de speaker now.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
Northeast just lost an atiku presidency and have been most marginalized yet they gave buhari second highest block vote.

Lawan has many APC senators who share his sentiments and he was still loyal despite the saraki robbery.

APC that gave him the post b4 aren't stupid, they just have to do same to allow Statos quo while omo agege stays as dsp
SP should not go to the core north it will just cause discontent.

ss was maginalised last time, u had dogora and saraki representing 2 norther region, and ike representing d east, it is time for ss.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by OnucheAdams: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I just pity "checks and balances" in this 9th assembly
Anything the executive brings, sharp sharp na so them go stamp am, no containing the excesses of the executive!!!
Like it or not guys like Saraki and shehu sani made the senate what it was supposed to be!!! An institution that checks the executive!!!

Don't mind the ignoramuses. When I say that Democracy isn't designed for a country like Nigeria, people think that I am just spewing rubbish. The level of corruption in Buhari's second term would make the likes of Dezani resemble Mother Teresa.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:44am On Feb 28, 2019
Goke7:

ss can be deputy for now pls, we don't want APC politcians working for pdp as leaders
u no well so omo agege no fit d bill una start this useless politics is lawan more qualified moreover the Senate president doesn't vote in proceedings except there is a tie...if they are serious omo agege fits the bill except u guys are saying a northern hegemony is ok...
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Goke7: 10:48am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:
[b]SP should not go to the core north it will just cause discontent.

[/b]ss was maginalised last time, u had dogora and saraki representing 2 norther region, and ike representing d east, it is time for ss.

what discontentment? people complained PMB didn't do much and many folks did not appreciate that saraki fustrated PMB with all his drama. This is politics, you have to make sure the leaders of the national assembly are 100% loyal. Folks like ahmed lawan have been tested but am sorry for now the ss who are decampees from other parties can't be risked now. This is second term and PMB must not have too much wahala from the National assembly. The ss can make with deputy for now. Nigerians must begin to underatnd that the President must not have too much ecumberances to his work.

David Mark was a tested pdp man, hence he was a never a problem to Jonathan. PMB must have a senate President that must be compliant with him for effective delivery and not just for national quota sake.

1 Like

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Goke7: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u no well so omo agege no fit d bill una start this useless politics is lawan more qualified moreover the Senate president doesn't vote in proceedings except there is a tie...if they are serious omo agege fits the bill except u guys are saying a northern hegemony is ok...

omo agege decamped from another party to APC, you think he can't go back tomorrow? You guys want another saraki, tufiaka
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2019
GEJDHERO:
they still need the PDP senators to pass bills
They do need the PDP senatto pass any bill but remember that minority have their say & majority have their way
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2019
Ezeego1:

APC still not able to produce 2/3 so it's not gonna be a smooth ride like you think.
You only need 2/3 majority in the senate when it comes to things like impeachment, but in passing bills you only need simply majority
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by asobo: 10:57am On Feb 28, 2019
surevik:
We are in deep shit, every rubbish Buhari brings before the senate will be accepted, no opposition in senate to oppose.
Not all my men Dino Kogi, Abaribe Abia and Ogba Ebonyi are still much around.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ubenedictus(m): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
I don't have a problem with ss and se as speaker, I was only referring to senate.

In speaker to be honest i only know of nkechi but she is just only living off kalu, at hearth she isn't APC.

I don't even know of the rest one time reps of APC in ss/se.

This time sha is not the dull unproductive oyegun that is chairman

Yeah, osho is chairman and i believe he will try to share the post well.
it is time senate president goes ss or se, we have a nw president and sw v.p, we need to balance it with a ss or se sp and a north east deputy sp. femi can replace dogara or it goes to the north central.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by pasol4real(m): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Sirpaul:
Saraki in pains
Akpabio in sifia pains.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by surevik(f): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Not when 80% are APC it will be very difficult for them honestly. They were able to fight in the last assemble was because they had the SP and DSP to themselves.
asobo:
Not all my men Dino Kogi, Abaribe Abia and Ogba Ebonyi are still much around.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ezeego1(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2019
UAE123:
You only need 2/3 majority in the senate when it comes to things like impeachment, but in passing bills you only need simply majority

Good, so why has APC been complaining all these while cos I'm aware they have the majority in the senate and the house of rep.

??
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ezeego1(m): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2019
Deltatoto:
he will be foolish to do that he is undisputedly the minority leader.if he moves to pdp no good portfolio will reach him sometimes it’s better to be a king in hell than to be a servant in heaven

What makes him the minority leader if i may ask? Apga, LP has produce a senator before how come they were not given the minority leader as at then??
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ubenedictus(m): 11:17am On Feb 28, 2019
Goke7:

what discontentment? people complained PMB didn't do much and many folks did not appreciate that saraki fustrated PMB with all his drama. This is politics, you have to make sure the leaders of the national assembly are 100% loyal. Folks like ahmed lawan have been tested but am sorry for now the ss who are decampees from other parties can't be risked now. This is second term and PMB must not have too much wahala from the National assembly. The ss can make with deputy for now. Nigerians must begin to underatnd that the President must not have too much ecumberances to his work.

David Mark was a tested pdp man, hence he was a never a problem to Jonathan. PMB must have a senate President that must be compliant with him for effective delivery and not just for national quota sake.
Check out sen. francis alimikhena, that answers all the stories above.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Basic123: 11:25am On Feb 28, 2019
olagbola45:

I think it Time for gbajabiamila now
U see destiny can just b delayed
Man will reach where e is eventually going
South west win again
Dogara will sit down watching him on top!
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by olagbola45(m): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Basic123:

Dogara will sit down watching him on top!

Lol he will b minority leader

I pray to God dat he should always make us move forward not backward

Like David mark like dogara grin
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by olagbola45(m): 11:36am On Feb 28, 2019
pasol4real:

Akpabio in sifia pains.

Akpabio is not a total loser

Ur saraki is d total soar loser

He pain him he look lean he nearly have heart attack

D curse of his father catching up with him

Just hold him cos he might want to drop dead

Biggest loser saraki tongue

1 Like

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by autonomous22: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2019
e go hard for u pas
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Anything the executive brings, sharp sharp na so them go stamp am, no containing the excesses of the executive!!!
Like it or not guys like Saraki and shehu sani made the senate what it was supposed to be!!! An institution that checks the executive!!!

Stop mentioning Shehu Sani he is a Noisemaker.
And for Saraki MSME Bill that will allow me and you t start a small business with the soft-loan and low interest rate was not passed throughout their 3 years of legislation, is that a friend of the masses?
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
Goke7:

omo agege decamped from another party to APC, you think he can't go back tomorrow? You guys want another saraki, tufiaka
keep quiet he won on labour party before decamping to apc...so he is nt useful beyond been an apc senator u are crazy...then why were u guys flying the kite of akpabio been senate president....omo agege was one of those who opposed the Senate stance to change the election pattern and u are here talking thrash
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ezeego1:

Good, so why has APC been complaining all these while cos I'm aware they have the majority in the senate and the house of rep.

??
The complain is part of politicking
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ayobami7(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
好的
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by porka: 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
Will the APC lawmakers give Buhari his emergency powers now?
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by SirBunky85(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

nonsense,did u also say dis thrash wen gej was having a very harmonious relationship with David mark led Senate? did the senate object to any of gejs request?u call fighting the presidency senselessly by holding the country to Ransome as checks and balances abi?pls carry ur shameless hypocrisy comot for here
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by SirBunky85(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Fesomu:
These 4 years go hard for fayose and FFK
fayose still earns his cash as a former governor.na ffk worse pass
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by eldoradoxx: 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
UAE123:
This simply means that APC as a party will control the senate & there should be no excuse this time that the senate is drawing the executive arm back or are not cooperative. They should also settle who & who are to hold key positions in the senate on time to avoid any distractions
Not so sir. It takes 2/3 of 109 Senators to pass any bill or Government proposal. 2/3 of 109 is I think 72. Buhari will still need the agreement of PDP to pass his bills into law.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by eldoradoxx: 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
UAE123:
You need 2/3 majority to pass a bill into law. That is the most important duty of the Senate/National Assembly
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
eldoradoxx:
You need 2/3 majority to pass a bill into law. That is the most important duty of the Senate/National Assembly
You don't need 2/3 majority to pass any bill into law, rather you need simple majority when passing a bill into law. I will like you quote from the constitution where it is started that 2/3 majority is needed in bill passing
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
eldoradoxx:

Not so sir. It takes 2/3 of 109 Senators to pass any bill or Government proposal. 2/3 of 109 is I think 72. Buhari will still need the agreement of PDP to pass his bills into law.
I will like you to show me from the Constitution. 2/3 is only needed when it comes to things like impeachment & not law passing if not you wouldn't have been hearing Bukola Saraki saying the ayes have it in the senate
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by UAE123(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
eldoradoxx:
GoPlease read section 56 sub section 2 of the Nigeria constitution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Mahmoud Yakubu, Kukah, Others Arrive Enugu Enroute Awka / 5 Reasons Why The Saraki And Ekweremadu Partnership Won't Last / Lightning Strike Kills 15 Head Of Cattle in Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.