Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 (30562 Views)

Senate: APC Secures 59 Seats, PDP 36, LP 8, NNPP 2, SDP 2 / 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / Diaspora APC Secures Airlines' Discounts To Returnee Nigerian Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by 9jaArea: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2019
I hope they manage it better this time
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by AK481(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2019
obiano left his party to campagne for buhari.

if pdp wins the assembly election e go sweet my belle.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by zejuduhewi: 9:25am On Feb 28, 2019
hmmm
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by fyneguy: 9:29am On Feb 28, 2019
Didn't APC win 2 seats in Edo?

1 in Delta and 1 in Bayelsa, making 4 from the SS?

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Deltatoto: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2019
Ganja109:
Let's just wait for Ifeanyi UBA of YPP to defect to PDP after swearing in
he will be foolish to do that he is undisputedly the minority leader.if he moves to pdp no good portfolio will reach him sometimes it’s better to be a king in hell than to be a servant in heaven

4 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by B1ak3: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2019
Ezeego1:

APC still not able to produce 2/3 so it's not gonna be a smooth ride like you think.

you need a simple majority in the Senate to pass a bill

6 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by arsenal33: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2019
UAE123:
This simply means that APC as a party will control the senate & there should be no excuse this time that the senate is drawing the executive arm back or are not cooperative. They should also settle who & who are to hold key positions in the senate on time to avoid any distractions
They should guard against having a traitor as senate president

3 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2019
I thought Mimiko won in Ondo under ZLP
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by tuniski: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2019
saraki2019:
Nigerians shall eject pdp completely by 2023

We shall see how apc plays politics without buhari in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by zlantanfan: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Nope

SP-SS
DSP-NE
speaker- SE or sw
DSpeaker-sw or se
Northeast just lost an atiku presidency and have been most marginalized yet they gave buhari second highest block vote.

Lawan has many APC senators who share his sentiments and he was still loyal despite the saraki robbery.

APC that gave him the post b4 aren't stupid, they just have to do same to allow Statos quo while omo agege stays as dsp

4 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by tuniski: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2019
arsenal33:
They should guard against having a traitor as senate president
Even if. NASS is 100% zombie buhari will still not deliver. He has nothing to offer. Nigeria will be like zamfara,borno,Yobe by 2023.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by imam07: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I just pity "checks and balances" in this 9th assembly
Anything the executive brings, sharp sharp na so them go stamp am, no containing the excesses of the executive!!!
Like it or not guys like Saraki and shehu sani made the senate what it was supposed to be!!! An institution that checks the executive!!!
Go and sleep jo. Wetin Nigeria benefit from saraki checks and balances. From your post we see u be pdp.

7 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2019
All is well.God will help the senate to do the needful
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by zlantanfan: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2019
fyneguy:
Didn't APC win 2 seats in Edo?

1 in Delta and 1 in Bayelsa, making 4 from the SS?
Grammar guy Patrick didn't make it

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:51am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
Northeast just lost an atiku presidency and have been most marginalized yet they gave buhari second highest block vote.

Lawan has many APC senators who share his sentiments and he was still loyal despite the saraki robbery.

APC that gave him the post b4 aren't stupid, they just have to do same to allow Statos quo while omo agege stays as dsp
So SS and SE does not know how to be speaker baa? If the SW becomes greedy like in 2015,they will suffer the same fate as 2015
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by zlantanfan: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

So SS and SE does not know how to be speaker baa? If the SW becomes greedy like in 2015,they will suffer the same fate as 2015
I don't have a problem with ss and se as speaker, I was only referring to senate.

In speaker to be honest i only know of nkechi but she is just only living off kalu, at hearth she isn't APC.

I don't even know of the rest one time reps of APC in ss/se.

This time sha is not the dull unproductive oyegun that is chairman

3 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by GEJDHERO: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2019
UAE123:
This simply means that APC as a party will control the senate & there should be no excuse this time that the senate is drawing the executive arm back or are not cooperative. They should also settle who & who are to hold key positions in the senate on time to avoid any distractions
they still need the PDP senators to pass bills
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Bennycollins: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2019
Nothing is sacrosanct in politics! Don't be surprised another selfish cartel may emerge within ranks of the APC senators, that would form a pact with their PDP colleagues, to cede the deputy senate seat and some juicy committee positions. That's the Saraki's technique.
Politicians are all selfish. The next senate will be worse than the outgoing. What Saraki can do, the likes of Okorocha, Orji Kalu and Amosun can do more.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by GEJDHERO: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2019
Sirpaul:
Saraki in pains
AKPABIO TOO

1 Like

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by hakanai(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2019
ProudBoy:

SP- NE
DSP- SS

Speaker- SW
deputy speaker- NW.

I Propose for national unity and inclusion:
SP - SShttps://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=76211580&redirect=%2F5051644%2Fsenate-apc-secures-64-seats%2F1%2376211580
DSP - NC

Speaker - SE
Deputy Speaker - NE

Considering that,
President - NW
Vice President - SW

Frankly I think we should be considerate....They may not deserve it but for the ones who sacrificed alot in such a hostile pro-PDP environment as the SE & SS and come out victorious they need to be appreciated.As for me it is only fair to give the SE & SS some key position in the NASS.

Please we should not be carried away by victory or the political hostilities. We still need to forge ahead and It is a core mandate that a UNITED NIGERIA is forged. In light of that APC should get to the roots of the differences with the SE and get them actively contributing to national development.

I strongly appeal to the APC to ensure fair distribution of key positions regardless,to ensure participation and integration. It's far more important that any act of domination by zones or party.If they are with us as a nation then there interest shall be cared for by the nation and If that is not the case then it's only fair to grant them the right to decide where they belong as a nation.APC should think about inclusion and unity. They should remember to dialogue and reach out to the hostile camp so as to get the nation moving in one direction,towards growth and revival.

APC has the lead now and it should lead well. They have a tall order and we are watching. Please don't make me regret my votes....unite the nation,heal the wounds,secure the nations interest and her people welfare,educate the population,return hope to the hopeless,let there be justice,Be fair and above all make Nigeria a Great nation.

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
I don't have a problem with ss and se as speaker, I was only referring to senate.

In speaker to be honest i only know of nkechi but she is just only living off kalu, at hearth she isn't APC.

I don't even know of the rest one time reps of APC in ss/se.

This time sha is not the dull unproductive oyegun that is chairman

If you become too greedy the SS/SE will team up with the North and give it to the north again.There is nothing Oshiomhole or Tinubu can do about it
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by zlantanfan: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

If you become too greedy the SS/SE will team up with the North and give it to the north again.There is nothing Oshiomhole or Tinubu can do about it
I understand sha, my take is i believe they would not make the last mistake again
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Bennycollins: 10:14am On Feb 28, 2019
Nothing is sacrosanct in politics! Don't be surprised another selfish cartel may emerge within ranks of the APC senators, that would form a pact with their PDP colleagues, to cede the deputy senate seat and some juicy committee positions. That's the Saraki's technique.
Politicians are all selfish. The next senate will be worse than the outgoing. What Saraki can do, the likes of Okorocha, Orji Kalu and Amosun can do more.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by MrJanuzaj: 10:15am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Nope

SP-SS
DSP-NE
speaker- SE or sw
DSpeaker-sw or se

Any calculation you are doing without Femi Gbaja as speaker is null and void

5 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by senatepresido: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2019
Deltatoto:
he will be foolish to do that he is undisputedly the minority leader.if he moves to pdp no good portfolio will reach him sometimes it’s better to be a king in hell than to be a servant in heaven
I rather be the least among the servants in heaven than to be king of hell.
Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Goke7: 10:27am On Feb 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

what is your problem, shebi you don't belive in APC. Always making threat with no action

4 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2019
MrJanuzaj:

Any calculation you are doing without Femi Gbaja as speaker is null and void
I already put him there, but senate president should go to the ss

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Goke7: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2019
it's left to PMB to decide what he wants from the senate this time around, if he likes let him allow decampees again to be senate president and speaker all in the name of working with anybody.

He is safe in my opinion with an ahmed lawan as senate president and Gbaja as speaker who are core APC folks, instead of moles pretending to be loyalists who are not. I hope they learn fast from the saraki and dogara experience and avoid making APC in the morning and PDP at night leaders of the National Assembly. A word they say is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by MrJanuzaj: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:

Yeah senate president must come to the south except SW as Osibanjo is already there.

2 Likes

Re: Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 by Goke7: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2019
Ubenedictus:

ss can be deputy for now pls, we don't want APC politcians working for pdp as leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Meets President Maduro Of Venezuela, The President tweets / Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians / Wanted Killer Of Rivers DPO, 2baba’s Men Storm Community, Kill Five

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.