|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,134,634 members, 7,748,145 topics. Date: Monday, 26 February 2024 at 12:06 AM
|Ten Benefits Of Organic Honey And How To Get It In Abuja by ababanwoke(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2019
Ten benefits of organic honey
1. Useful in weight management- honey burns body fats even while you are sleeping. One of the best foods for loosing weight. Doctors recommend to have a spoonful of honey before going to bed. Mix with warm water and drink in the morning on an empty stomach. It increases metabolism, which in turn helps to reduce weight faster.
2. Strengthens immune system - it cures sore throats. It's an antioxidants and bacteria fighting assets also help in fighting infections that are caused by viruses, bacteria and fungi when taken in the morning with or without meals. It also helps to boost energy and works as a cleansing toner which improves immunity.
3. Nourishes your skin and face - very useful because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties. It unclogs skins pores and also helps moisturize parched skin. It helps curing cracked lips during hamattern. People use honey masks for skin correction. As a natural antiseptic, it is useful for treatment of wounds, bruises, cuts, burns and other infections.
4. Boosts your memory and concentration - it does not only boosts memory and concentration, consumption of honey, prevents metabolic stress and helps calm and soothe the brain, which helps in augmenting memory in the long run. It's antioxidants and therapeutic properties help in boosting brain's cholinergic system and circulation receding-cells that cause memory loss.
5. Home remedy for cough - it is useful in the remedy of dry cough as well as wet cough. Drinking a tablespoon of honey can reduce irritation in the throat. Preferably, for natural remedy for cough especially, in kids. It helps to relieve nocturnal cough.
6. Natural home remedy for dandruff - provides natural nourishment to dry hair, but it also gives you smooth and soft hair. You can also use honey and lavender with green tea to prevent hair fall. All you need to do to is, mix 2tablespoons of organic honey with equal amount of vegetable oil and apply it on your hair. Keep this hair mask on for 15mins and then rinse it off before shampooing.
7. Used for healing wounds - it has antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties, which is why honey is used for healing wounds. After any skin injury, bacteria that lives on your skin can infect and penetrate the wound. Honey has been found to destroy these bacteria.
8. Helps control and prevent eczema - those suffering from this can get quick results by mixing a raw honey and cold pressed olive oil and apply on the skin to get rid of the problem. Honey acts as a natural cleanser by removing dirt and making the skin smooth and soft. It can also be used for exfoliation of the skin by mixing it with oats in order to remove dead skin cells.
9. Natural energy drink - this works because it enters the blood stream directly and this in turn can give a quick boost of energy used for workouts, especially in longer endurance exercises.
10. Helps with gum disease - teeth and gum disease like gingivitis, bleeding and plaque can be treated to a great extent with the regular use of honey. Honey is known to release antiseptic hydrogen peroxide which acts as antimicrobial agent that prevents the growth of bacteria. Experts advice the use of raw honey mixed with water to be used as mouthwash. Also rubbing honey directly on affected gums gives instant relief from pain and inflammation plus other periodontal diseases.
To get your unadulterated organic honey in Abuja. Call/whatsapp me on 08036659738
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20