Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man (489 Views)

COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 / 24 Die Of Snake Bites In Gombe / 250 People Die Of Snake Bite In Plateau And Gombe Due To Scarcity Of Anti-Venom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man by WORDSENSEI: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2019
When 66-year-old, Valentine Obi Okereh quit the civil service, he turned to entrepreneurship as he set up his real estate business.

But in 2014, this father of seven was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. And this has worsened over the years. Not only has it affected his physical well- being but also his business which is now folded up.

According to the World Health Organisation, cancer remains one of the leading causes of death worldwide. It accounts for estimated 9.6million deaths in 2018.

Of the figure, prostate cancer represents an estimate of 1.28 million. Prostate cancer is the disease of the prostrate – a small walnut shaped gland in men that produces the seminal fluid which nourishes and transports sperm.

Okereh who is appealing to Nigerians to help him raise N7.5 million to be treated in India, tells makeitglobal.biz his story.

“ Mine is an unfortunate incident. In 2014, I started having difficulties trying to urinate. I often strained whenever I tried urinating. Well, I didn’t take it lying low, I had to go to the hospital to complain. At the hospital, I was asked to take a series of tests which confirmed that I had prostate cancer. My prostate was enlarged.”

Since he was diagnosed in 2014, Okereh commenced treatment. Not only did he spend a lot on tests, he also spent a huge sum on drugs and even surgery. Due to his ailment, his business died gradually.

Sample of tests

Continuing with the story of his ordeal, Okereh says:

“ I have been on drugs, lots of expensive drugs. There is this particular injection I take every three months. The cost is N155,000 just for one injection. I started taking this injection since 2016 and its been on till date.”

Late last year, the battle for Okereh intensified.
“Suprisingly, last year, the problem escalated and I had to rush back to my doctor because I was passing out blood as urine. You can imagine the kind of excruciating pain I was in.

Again, he was asked to take a test, the result of which showed that the cancer was resisting treatment.

“From the test, we discovered that the disease was resisting treatment and once the disease is resisting treatment.

“The result of the test also shows that the cancer has spread to my bladder. There were tumors in my bladder.

“ The doctors said that urgent steps should be taken now to ensure that it does not spread to vital other vital parts of the body like the kidney, liver and spleen”, he says.

“Please I am calling on well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid. I still have a lot to do in life. I sincerely ask for your help.”

His wife, Agatha who was a trader had to stop her business to care for her husband. She also pleads with Nigerians to help her husband.

“I would never wish this to happen to my enemy.
“ I believe God that I would not lose my husband to cancer, please help us, ” she says.

Nigerians willing to help Okereh can send their contributions to:

ACCOUNT NAME: OKEREH VALENTINE OBILOR

ACCOUNT NO: 2007457346

BANK: UBA

https://www.makeitglobal.biz/prostate-cancer-real-estate-businessman/

cc lalasticlala seun

Re: Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man by gurusubai7(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2019
HOW DO WE MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH?

Interesting question. As human beings, we live in two worlds. One is visible and the other is invisible. We can only enjoy perfect health if we carry the two worlds along. For most people, the achievement of good health means;

Eat healthy, because what you eat is closely linked to your health.
Get regular exercise.
Practice safe sex.
Don’t smoke or use tobacco.
Limit how much alcohol you drink.

Most importantly visit your doctor for regular checkups, because preventive care can detect disease or prevent illness before they commence. Doing all the aforementioned does not guarantee good health. We are souls temporarily clothed in human flesh, we are constantly surrounded and influenced by spiritual entities, our good or evil inclinations, attracts and retains spiritual entities around us. Therefore, if you are keen on maintaining good health, you must learn thought control.

Most people, fail to realize strength, weakness, health and disease etc. are often the resultant effects of thoughts. In summation, if you crave for good health you must carry along the two worlds in which you reside.

For more, kindly visit my website on www.gurudeseyesubai.org
subscribe to my youtube chanel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd4E-EvdwsDQHdcd_BsAdyw?view_as=subscriber
Re: Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man by Liberator007(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
WORDSENSEI:
When 66-year-old, Valentine Obi Okereh quit the civil service, he turned to entrepreneurship as he set up his real estate business.

But in 2014, this father of seven was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. And this has worsened over the years. Not only has it affected his physical well- being but also his business which is now folded up.

According to the World Health Organisation, cancer remains one of the leading causes of death worldwide. It accounts for estimated 9.6million deaths in 2018.

Of the figure, prostate cancer represents an estimate of 1.28 million. Prostate cancer is the disease of the prostrate – a small walnut shaped gland in men that produces the seminal fluid which nourishes and transports sperm.

Okereh who is appealing to Nigerians to help him raise N7.5 million to be treated in India, tells makeitglobal.biz his story.

“ Mine is an unfortunate incident. In 2014, I started having difficulties trying to urinate. I often strained whenever I tried urinating. Well, I didn’t take it lying low, I had to go to the hospital to complain. At the hospital, I was asked to take a series of tests which confirmed that I had prostate cancer. My prostate was enlarged.”

Since he was diagnosed in 2014, Okereh commenced treatment. Not only did he spend a lot on tests, he also spent a huge sum on drugs and even surgery. Due to his ailment, his business died gradually.

Sample of tests

Continuing with the story of his ordeal, Okereh says:

“ I have been on drugs, lots of expensive drugs. There is this particular injection I take every three months. The cost is N155,000 just for one injection. I started taking this injection since 2016 and its been on till date.”

Late last year, the battle for Okereh intensified.
“Suprisingly, last year, the problem escalated and I had to rush back to my doctor because I was passing out blood as urine. You can imagine the kind of excruciating pain I was in.

Again, he was asked to take a test, the result of which showed that the cancer was resisting treatment.

“From the test, we discovered that the disease was resisting treatment and once the disease is resisting treatment.

“The result of the test also shows that the cancer has spread to my bladder. There were tumors in my bladder.

“ The doctors said that urgent steps should be taken now to ensure that it does not spread to vital other vital parts of the body like the kidney, liver and spleen”, he says.

“Please I am calling on well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid. I still have a lot to do in life. I sincerely ask for your help.”

His wife, Agatha who was a trader had to stop her business to care for her husband. She also pleads with Nigerians to help her husband.

“I would never wish this to happen to my enemy.
“ I believe God that I would not lose my husband to cancer, please help us, ” she says.

Nigerians willing to help Okereh can send their contributions to:

ACCOUNT NAME: OKEREH VALENTINE OBILOR

ACCOUNT NO: 2007457346

BANK: UBA

https://www.makeitglobal.biz/prostate-cancer-real-estate-businessman/

cc lalasticlala seun
May God help him cos money hard for town these days
Re: Help Me! I Don’t Want To Die Of Prostate Cancer –66-year-old Business Man by marktpompido(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
Try CBD OIL

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Find My Period / UAE Embassy Delivers Medical Equipment To Children’s Ward Of National Hospital / Ojeh Cynthia Nnenna Dies As A Result Of Using ‘fake Malaria’ Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.