Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay (25057 Views)

Defection: Why Umahi, Deputy May Lose At Appeal Court — Sagay / Don’t Waste Your Time Going To Supreme Court, Sagay Counsels Atiku / Ekiti Election: Why Fayose Should Not Go To Court – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by dre11(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2019
By Chijioke Jannah

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC); has advised Atiku Abubakar to accept defeat in last Saturday’s presidential election and refrain from challenging the outcome in court.

Sagay said aside losing the elections, Atiku who is the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), would also lose in court because the election complied substantially with the rules of elections as noted by both local and foreign observers.

He urged him to maintain his dignity and earn the respect of Nigerians and the world by congratulating Buhari just as former President Goodluck Jonathan did in 2015.

Sagay said: “My advice to Atiku is that it’s not advisable for him to go to court for political and moral reasons.

“He should be mature politically and accept defeat with dignity.

“By rejecting the result, what he is doing is to drag himself on the ground and lose all the little dignity that he has left. At the end of the day, he will be a double loser.

“On the legal side, you can only upset a declaration of victory of an election if you can establish that the process of the election did not comply substantially with the rules of the election.

“So, if there is failure to comply in some areas, it has no effect on the validity of the election. It has to be substantial.

“There is no way anybody can say that this election does not comply substantially in electoral rules. All the various observers and monitors have written their reports and they have said it was a well organised election with hitches here and there.

“What this means is that they are saying it substantially complies with the rules. So, legally, Atiku will fail, morally he will fail, and so, it’s not just good for him.

“Today, the only claim to fame that Jonathan has was in accepting defeat and phoning President Buhari.

“After we have blamed him for his misgovernance and all the poor things he did, then we remember that aspect and then we respect him and the world also respects him for it.

“So, I think.”

http://dailypost.ng/2019/02/28/2019-presidency-atiku-will-lose-buhari-court-sagay/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by JasonScoolari: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2019
So says the Professor with the lips of a swollen pussy.

The lifeless drunkard has never for once send a congratulatory message to any victorious candidate he lost to, rather, he will send threats that dogs and baboons will soak in their blood OR he will make the country ungovernable for the winner, Let us get the records straight here.

If he is expecting any congratulatory message, he should kindly tune his Kchibo radio to Yobe and Borno FM.

And as for the Pussy lips professor, he should know that you don't force a man to do something against his will.

God bless the PDP.

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by oyebanji44: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by olajizz01(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Baba Sagay,abeg allows the lawyers to collect their own share from these

BLOODY LOOTERS.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by olajizz01(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
Dem no dey tell blind person say rain dey fall now.

see how baba Buhari dey do simple sanitation below.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
oyebanji44:
grin grin grin
shut up
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by KOLLYPROF(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Everyone knows that there's no hope for Atiku in Tribunal shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Nairalandmentor(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
shocked
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
But why is the APC so keen on Atiku not going to court? undecided
Is it their money? undecided
Abi the have something to hide

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by my2019mind: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
R
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by nurex01(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Let him go

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by festacman(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
I am not a fan of Atiku but I believe the recent federal elections were both substantially fair and partly rigged across party lines by NASS candidates at grassroots, in whatever they could, for their own advantage which ultimately impacted on presidential results.

I also believe that the shambolic elections of 2003 which Atiku masterminded and Obasanjo executed brought more injustices and pains than the current 2019 elections. Atiku was part of that charade and benefited from it.
No election is 100% free and fair. Not even the one produced George Bush jnr or Donald Trump in the Almighty America.

However, the pressure on Atiku not to go to court is not out of place. If he has a genuine grievance and feels like approaching a court of law to adjudicate, he should go ahead.

We need to keep strengthening our democracy and testing our processes in court provided such court has not be compromised in advance.

21 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by nurex01(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Let him go. Don't caution anyone na

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by queenxey1(f): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ok!!! Election or no election 23rd of February has come and go, but the so called rock-heart Nigerian still showcase their Talent by causing violence at some polling units.
Well am not surprise (naso we day do) I wonder why we act like an elephant for a common politician who may not even give us food that can satisfy an Ant...
Hmmmmm "monkey dey work baboon they chop"
I still don't know why we find it hard to follow just three words
- go to the polling center
- cast your vote
- and come back home. Instead the rock-heart Nigerian will turn it otherwise the only one word they understand is "ELECTION VIOLENCE"

Excuse me! If violence is the only attribute of election then why don't ATIKU and BUHARI bring cutlass and gun along with them while coming to cast their vote? Oh!.. now I can see the reason why they called us politician animal.

is still baffels me why we kill each other for this uncaring people. Just look at kogi east (Igala) the life of a young promising soul was cut short all in the name of election, surprisinly these same set of people are praising the west (okun) for choosing their choice of leader (Dino) without chaos, Let me plainly point out, its only a foolish being that have joy in taking the life of his fellow..

Nigerians!!! When are we going to wakeup? Pls! How many politican children died during this election? NONE right! But our fellow innocent citizens are the one liable for death... But why!!

Hmmmmm!... another election is coming on the 8th of March. And i know that despite all the preaching the talented and the talenter will still showcase their talent
Enough is enough #votenotfight

Credit Ogundele Taiye
#nigeriadecides2019
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by my2019mind: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Why are they pushing this man to accept defeat, what are they afraid of?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by balladin: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mr Sagay is a drunkard. Foolish old idiots.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by id911(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
I spit on the useless, inconsequential Professor with mouth diarrhea

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by princegeo(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
How much they pay you professor
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by dann190: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
Is it a must to congratulate Buhari?! Na want oh, seeking redress in court, is it ur business?! All these so called professors, did Buhari ever congratulate Obasanjo or Good luck, abeg, leave Atiku, it is his time, his money and his zeal, how is that anyone's business,na want...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Made1414(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nigeria is finished

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by ivieeseosa: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Indeed of a truth; our Government is Fantastically Corrupt. The presidential election results collation was a proof that the so call INTEGRITY was a scam Nigerians will never forget in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Wahala90: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by dann190: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Is it a must to congratulate Buhari?! Na wa oh, seeking redress in court, is it ur business?! All these so called professors, did Buhari ever congratulate Obasanjo?! or Good luck?!, abeg, leave Atiku, it is his time, his money and his zeal, how is that anyone's business,na wa..

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by MorataFC: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
Why this man spoiling market for lawyers
Lawyers no go chop?
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Emekadollars(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
We just want peace to reign abeg.

I sell all kinds of furniture both home and office.
Phone/WhatsApp 07013038612.
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by TheFreeOne: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
A professor of law asking a man who is convinced he was cheated not to seek justice?

A lot of people are sick in the country including professors like this idiot.

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku that will soon join another party...
Re: 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay by MrMcJay(m): 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku must not concede

Lawyers must chop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment / Garba Shehu: No DSS Advisory Before Buhari Warning Against Muslim-muslim Ticket / Sit-at-home: Army Chief Orders Raid On IPOB Hideouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.