Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections (16949 Views)

What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition / Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet Tinubu In London (PHOTO) / Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi Olowo Of Owo Burial: Saraki, Akeredolu, Fayemi Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Islie: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig State Assembly Elections

It was exclusively learnt on Thursday that Akeredolu held a secret meeting with the Chairman of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Mr. Jacob Adebo, popularly known as ‘Idajo’, where the plan to rig the poll was perfected.

Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State, has given a "marching order" to members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in the state to begin mobilising for the next week state house of assembly election.

SaharaReporters gathered that the essence of the mobilization by the NURTW members is to prepare them for “war” if candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) do not emerge victorious in the House of Assembly election.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) rescheduled the state houses of assembbly election in the country for Saturday March 9, 2019, with no less than 250 candidates from the different political parties in Ondo fielding candidates for the 26 constituencies that make up the Ondo House of Assembly.

Many of the candidates have been campaigning vigorously and wooing the votes of the electorate in Ondo State with food stuffs and money.

However, it was exclusively learnt on Thursday that Akeredolu held a secret meeting with the Chairman of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Mr. Jacob Adebo, popularly known as ‘Idajo’, where the plan to rig the poll was perfected.

SaharaReporters can report that Idajo has been a machinery of destruction for Akeredolu’s APC government of Akeredolu led APC in Ondo State.

A source confirmed to our correspondent that the meeting was held inside Government House in Akure, the state capital, and that it held at the instance of the Governor. He added that Kayode Fayemi, Governor of Ekiti State, was also at the meeting.

According to the source, the secret meeting was summoned as a result of the defeat suffered by the ruling party in the Saturday's election in the state.

"Having realised that they lost in the presidential election and with their poor performance in the National Assembly election, Mr. Governor decided to call the secret meeting with the view to plan and also probably strategise ahead of the coming House of Assembly elections in the state.

"In fact, the Governor of Ekiti State Kayode Fayemi and some of the top government officials such as the SSG, Ifedayo Abegunde, were at the meeting, which was held right in the Government House in Akure from about 11am to 12 pm on Wednesday.

"They invited the NURTW Chairman, Idajo, and some executive members of his union to the meeting with the concluded plan that they should go and work for the victory of the APC in the forthcoming election.

“The two governors concluded that it is a 'must' for APC to win the House of Assembly election in all the LGAs and constituencies area so that the ruling party can still have the numbers to control the parliament.

"So, they have instructed ‘Idajo’ to begin mobilise thugs and members of the NURTW for the elections, and their mandate is to cause violence on election day and even snatch or destroy ballot boxes where APC is not popular.

"They even forced ‘Idajo’ to sign a post-dated resignation letter, which would come to effect if his boys do not help APC win next week, and they instructed him to begin clamp down on any stubborn members of the opposition parties in the state.

"Don't forget that Mr. Akeredolu was not happy about the results of the last week Saturday's presidential and national assembly election in the state because he failed to deliver the state for Buhari despite his promises to the President.

"The Governor and his counterparts in Oyo have been mocked by some Abuja cabals for failing woefully to deliver their state to Mr. President, even when he got to Abuja shortly after the secret meeting, some of the governors were jokingly mocking him for his faliure.

"And since the President has been re-elected for a second term in office, Akeredolu wants to make up and have all his foot soldiers in the Ondo House of Assembly so that it will not be a double loss.

However, a source at the NURTW local branch office in Idanre could not immediately confirm the story when asked by SaharaReporters. But he confirmed that a meeting of chairmen of all local branches had already been summoned by Idajo.

"Well, I cannot really tell if they held that meeting with the Governor but I received a call yesterday night that our State Chairman, Idajo, would be meeting with all the branch chairmen today

"And as I am speaking with you now, I am in Lagos to attend to my family but I have told my branch Secretary to attend the meeting and give me feedback later in the day. But I know the meeting is about the house of assembly elections in the state because the State Chairman told us on Monday evening that the Governor was not happy over last weekend’s election results."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/28/exclusive-akeredolu-fayemi-meet-ondo-nurtw-chairman-how-rig-state-assembly-elections
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by ChaleeBendel: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Rigging is in their blood

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by JasonScoolari: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lol, This is one myth busted. Their plans to carry out massive rigging in the Presidential elections for a lifeless drunkard were they will come out with inflated numbers was unsuccessful. They will fail woefully this time.

The truth is, Ondo and Oyo citizens are not like the rest of them, they have my respect when they decided to switch to the brighter side of life.
God bless Oyo and Ondo state.
God bless the PDP.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by seunmsg(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Akeredolu is a misfit. He’s all hype and no action. Ondo State was handed over to him on a platter of gold and in just about two years, he managed to lose the state to PDP. If a state like Lagos was handed over to him, APC would have been dead by now.

Hopefully, last weeks defeat will wake him up from his slumber. If he can’t get APC to win majority seats in the state assembly, he should just forget about his own re-election.

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by princeemmma(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
okay

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by MColuomo433: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by HighKing01(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nigeria will still be a shithole 50years from now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by GbeseRehe: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Really
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by tolabae(f): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
Have you heard of Imran Innovations , with Imran Innovations you can earn from reading news, playing quiz, posting article, posting comment, logging and many more .. I have been a part of Imran innovation since it started and I have been making money ..God Bless imran Innovations , with Imran Innovations , you don’t have to pay to get started and you can always request withdraw every weekend , Guess what ?? Your fund will forwarded to you regardless of how small or Big it is (you either choose Airtime top up or Bank Transfer payment ) ..visit
www.Imranservices.Com.Ng to get started

For further enquiries contact https:///send?phone=2348145328460
For further enquiries join this whatsapp group
https:///JH6HcZxJVOJ1sKrouoBssd
Here is Imran Innovation Rate
reading news(₦0.5),
playing quiz (₦100)
posting comment (₦0.7)
Daily logging₦(0.1)
Referral (₦10)
Sharing post (For each user that visit the post through your link you earn (₦0.5)
The rate may be low, but it is 100% legit & Free, unlike others ..
I read & comment on like 100 articles in a day (#120)
I play daily quiz ,and make sure I win (#100)
Daily Login 0.1
Refer at least 20 friends (#200)
Share sponsor post across different platform and get close to 1000 views (#500)
, I'm making close to (#900 - #1000) In a day = (#6300- #7000) per week . (25,000- 28,000) Per month grin
I withdraw weekly (Every Sunday / Monday) My bank account get credited every tuesday /Wednesday each week .. Join and earn today!! A rome was not built in a day !!
Kindly use Tolabale123 , as reffered by .. Thanks , If you have any issue drop it on this thread , i will gladly answer

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by ayfay047(f): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Islie:
Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig State Assembly Elections

It was exclusively learnt on Thursday that Akeredolu held a secret meeting with the Chairman of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Mr. Jacob Adebo, popularly known as ‘Idajo’, where the plan to rig the poll was perfected.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/28/exclusive-akeredolu-fayemi-meet-ondo-nurtw-chairman-how-rig-state-assembly-elections

Governor Akeredolu has been in Abuja with other governors celebrating the Buhari Victory. Gov. Fayemi has been in Abuja since Tuesday. Neither men have met in akure since before the election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by femtex007(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
We don hear. Thank u for informing us
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
No problem
Get your dry Plantain now. Call or whatsapp me for your order

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by AdewunmiF: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
You are very clueless.Governor Akeredolu and Fayemi have been in Abuja with other governors celebrating the Buhari Victory.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by parizzz: 2:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
BUT MY VP REDUCE SHAAAA
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by mutumina007: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Why would you post lies like theses? You stoop so low to post ridiculous news.

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has been in Abuja with other Governors celebrating the Buhari Victory, Also Gov Kayode Fayemi has been in Abuja since Tuesday.

Neither of these men have met in Akure since before the election.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by bujebudanu1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
I saw his official land cruiser in Abuja yesterday.
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Ibechuks: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
Naija politics ehnnn grin grin
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by mutumina007: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
[quote author=Islie post=76216027]Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig State Assembly Elections

Dimwit..that's what you are. A lying dimwit
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by dammyGold03: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
This is total lie the Governor of ondo state Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu with his colleague Gov. Fayemi have been in Abuja since Tuesday to celebrate the victory of President Muhammad Buhari, this is just a propaganda you people should debunk it SaharaReporters are known for spreading fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
[quote uthor=Islie post=76216027]Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig State Assembly Elections

[/quote] Nigeria Has Gone To The Dogs
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
NURTW is now a certified thug Union.
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by ipobarethieves: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
angry Nah wah oo.Pipu can't visit/ meet again abi? So if i go meet fisifun kododada for house and nah him GF i meet nkoh? we can't discuss abi
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
If true, then it is not good for our democracy.
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by iluvdonjazzy: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
SR u are a blatant liar
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by chibzykeys(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
seunmsg:
Akeredolu is a misfit. He’s all hype and no action. Ondo State was handed over to him on a platter of gold and in just about two years, he managed to lose the state to PDP. If a state like Lagos was handed over to him, APC would have been dead by now.

Hopefully, last weeks defeat will wake him up from his slumber. If he can’t get APC to win majority seats in the state assembly, he should just forget about his own re-election.
and you are who please to say he should forget his re-election
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Charly68: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
Aketi is simply not in control of the state ,it is glaring with the defeat of his party candidate during presidential election..fielding him in the next election as Governor will be a big risk.. He has put pressure on himself now with his dismal lacklustre performance. He thinks leadership is about big grammar
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
Can these politicians just allow the masses to vote-in anyone they want.
check my signature
Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by Carlyscales: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
seunmsg:

Was the the state fully in APC when it was handed over to him??

When has Ondo ever been fully APC??

Some people sef!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections by lx3as(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Lol, This is one myth busted. Their plans to carry out massive rigging in the Presidential elections for a lifeless drunkard were they will come out with inflated numbers was unsuccessful. They will fail woefully this time.

The truth is, Ondo and Oyo citizens are not like the rest of them, they have my respect when they decided to switch to the brighter side of life.
God bless Oyo and Ondo state.
God bless the PDP.

And your entire region, upon their noise, gave Atiku only 1.6 million votes less than what SW gave. You people should just keep quiet and only gather likes on Nairaland and Twitter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu May Not Be Running - Fredrick Nwabufo / Strike: PDP Bankrolling ASUU, Joe Igbokwe Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.