Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare (16958 Views)

Tinubu: Nobody Can Defeat APC / Primate Ayodele To Tinubu: Nobody Wants You At Federal Level / Igbos Should Support Tinubu, Nobody Will Donate Power To Them In 2023– Agoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by adenigga(m): 3:36am On Dec 28, 2020
The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church in Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has slammed people who criticised a sermon in which he commended a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, for his contributions to the country.

Bakare, while describing his critics as ‘undertakers,’ urged those with proof that he was bribed to speak out.

He insisted that nobody was rich enough to pay him for his works.

The fiery preacher had last Sunday compared Tinubu to Jephtah in the Bible, saying he fought many battles for the Yoruba and “delivered Lagos State and nearly all the South-West states from the onslaught of the PDP from 1999 to 2007.”

Mixed reactions trailed the message, as many wondered why Bakare, who once spoke against Tinubu turned around to praise him.

The preacher, while speaking to his congregation on Sunday at the church’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, in another message, titled, ‘There is None Holy as the Lord,’ wondered why people judged him based on the clip on Tinubu that went viral without listening to the full sermon.

He said, “One would have thought that the whole message of over an hour would be listened to so that the context of the clip that went viral would be listened to before judgment is passed by those who considered us to have taken a 360-turnaround compared to the thoughts we had taken previously about the man many love to hate and many hate to love.

“Instead, the bath water and the baby were both thrown out by some self-appointed undertakers who think the way forward in our dilemma as a nation is to uproot the tares and separate them from the wheat long before the harvest time ordained by God.

“The same undertakers wilfully forget that the current mixture of the bad, the good, and the ugly in the polity are a result of the negligence of our past and present leaders, who slept on duty and allowed the enemy to sow the tares while the good man had planted good seeds on the ground.”

He insisted that judgment was in the hands of God, and people should not be in a hurry to judge anyone because of their past actions.

Bakare said his commendation of Tinubu’s political success was not an approval of his lifestyle.

The pastor insisted that while many people were sleeping, the former governor was “working hard and positioning his people in strategic places.”

He noted that it would be hard for anyone to win an election against Tinubu’s candidate in Lagos because “it’s not yet time.”

Bakare explained that his comments on Tinubu were not influenced by any ‘power broker’ from Abuja.

He said, “As a matter of fact, this past week, this set of individuals went to the extreme of calling me delusional, while others concluded that money must have changed hands for me to say the things that were said contrary to my previous stand concerning the same person.

“You think somebody will pay me for what I am doing? No one is rich enough to do it. No one in this country or elsewhere is rich enough. And I am not for sale because I have been bought. I was bought by the Blood of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary and no other price can match that. And if you know of anyone who has given me money at any time to do what I am doing, expose it.

“One gentleman in particular labelled the part of the message he heard without listening to the rest. With all the PhDs he acquired, he said, ‘Tunde Bakare strategical delegitimisation of Tinubu.’

“Brothers and sisters, I say this before God who will judge the quick and the dead, none of these things is true. They are all the figments of the imagination of the writers and they are entitled to their opinions.”
https://m.punchng.com/Featured/Tinubu-Nobody-can-pay-me-for-my-opinion-says-Bakare

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Racoon(m): 3:39am On Dec 28, 2020
Tunde Bakare can only continue to deceive himself.The political scheming is not lost on any discerning mind.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Abdul05: 3:41am On Dec 28, 2020
How does any body aspire to rule a nation without politics? If Tinubu succeeded in doing so, means good luck to him. with his
political alliance party( mass movements of the north) known as APC, if cleverly led, omo -forget,tinubu is the next president.
Koleyewon. grin grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by TooMuchStuff: 3:47am On Dec 28, 2020
Keeping embarrassing your calling while the country burns by Buhari people just because you want to be President after Buhari.
No Hausafulanikanuri Muslims of the Northern region would genuinely support you with the New social order put in place by BuhariApc since 2015.

Nobody killed Bishop Kukah for boldly speaking the truth to powers. God bless him.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by adenigga(m): 3:58am On Dec 28, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Keeping embarrassing your calling while the country burns by Buhari people.

Nobody killed Bishop Kukah for boldly speaking the truth to powers. God bless him.

25 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by cktheluckyman: 4:31am On Dec 28, 2020
Abdul05:
How does any body aspire to rule a nation without politics? If Tinubu succeeded in doing so, means good luck to him. with his
political alliance party( mass movements of the north) known as APC if cleverly led,
Omo forget,Tinubu is the next president.
Koleyewon. grin grin
Lol mass movement of the North? You yorubas are very funny.Oya put him in the ballot against a Northener and see how much of a mass movement it is

32 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by ipobarethieves: 4:42am On Dec 28, 2020
cool Nah dem get their mouths.Allow dem to do FREE campaign for TINUBU Awon fl@theads bEAST cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by JoeEeL(m): 4:43am On Dec 28, 2020
This Sokoto-Yoruba mixed breed man should go and sit down. angry

Awon alatenuje!

ipobarethieves:
cool Nah dem get their mouths.Allow dem to do FREE campaign for TINUBU Awon fl@theads bEAST cool

Wrong. Everything to you is dirty politics. FREE campaign ko, free campaign ni. We true Yorubas will call out any errant so-called elder.

- Why has Tinubu not fully explained why the cameras at tollgate was removed during #EndSARS protest? You waste the lives of Yorubas during #EndSARS protest and the next thing you know is to mention IPOB? Awe, o o l'opolo l'ori. cool

- Why did Tinubu downplay the death of Pa Fasoranti's daughter during the Fulani herdsmen attack? Infamously asking 'Where are the cows?'

- Why did Tinubu sell us to the North? Turning the whole Yoruba race into f*cking slaves and peasants. We are at the gutters and Tinubu's 2023 ambition is more than the preservation of Yoruba lives exposed to Fulani terrorist army and herdsmen?

- Why has Tinubu turned a lot of promising Yorubas into touts and agberos? We are now a laughing stock. Our Yoruba ladies, many of them are stuck, in their quest to enter Europe illegally. Many are trapped and are being sold on the sex market in Libya. Our Yoruba ladies are now doing Ashawo all around just to earn a living. No handiwork. Our resources are illegally mined and sold to the Chinese. Most especially the gold in Osun.

- All our male youths (graduates) are now Okada riders in their droves. and bus conductors. Go to Mushin, Jakande, Iyana-Oba, Festac Town and see them. The ones that still want to form posh are simply Uber and Taxify drivers. No jobs for youth.

- Yorubas, in my opinion, take the lead when it comes to internet scam. Many do this. Our values completely eroded. Sad note cos we Yorubas once took the lead in the race for civilisation, even ahead of economies like South Korea then. We were the first to have Television in the whole of Nigeria, even before France. We were the first to own the press. We had the largest exportation of Cocoa and Timber (from Ogun state) before your useless One-Nigeria stripped our honour.

On a final note, you these urchins should stop using mosque and church to suppress the Yoruba voice. We want our separate nation. Crooks like Tinubu will be easily fished out when that time comes.

And finally, take note that your plan to always make it appear that anything anti-Tinubu is always IPOB is dead on arrival.

We are Yorubas -- and are firmly against the crookery and special-interest Tinubu caucus. We are against 2023 elections and are against this corporate establishment called Nigeria PLC. a.ka. Location-419. I'm sure you've heard of the Force Majeure 90-day ultimatum championed by the leader we know - Stephen Banji Akintoye. When you start seeing results, keep mentioning IPOB, s'ogbo? Olofo!

A Yoruba nation is what we want -- and any idiot in our way will be crushed. Take note.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by capatainrambo: 4:45am On Dec 28, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by TooMuchStuff: 4:46am On Dec 28, 2020
Painful how insensitive Bakare has become recently because of Power and Politics.

Opening your mouth anyhow when you should be talking truth to Buhari evils in the Land.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Dovegrey: 4:48am On Dec 28, 2020
Yoruba man can never rule Nigeria before u quote me remember obasanjo is a igbo man grin. grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by js230003: 4:48am On Dec 28, 2020
You guys have started again

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by JaneYave(f): 4:48am On Dec 28, 2020
Nothing is worth sacrificing your anoiting for.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by rawtouch: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2020
ok
Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by LZAA: 4:50am On Dec 28, 2020
This n..ig.ga is a clown

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Dovegrey: 4:50am On Dec 28, 2020
Abdul05:
political alliance party( mass movements of the north) known as APC if cleverly led,
Omo forget,Tinubu is the next president.
Koleyewon. grin grin
Next president of Ewedu Republic

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by DoubleEngine007: 4:50am On Dec 28, 2020
No be this one first dey insult people searching for job yesterday? I no blame am,na who dey barb that he hair reach ground I blame.. Sun just dey hit the head direct,why won't he miss yan
A pastor praising thief ,hmmm.
Heaven far shall!

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by zeusdgrt(m): 4:52am On Dec 28, 2020
We hear
Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Prodigee: 4:52am On Dec 28, 2020
The man always in the news
Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by LegendHero(m): 4:54am On Dec 28, 2020
Pastor Bakare should not shalane for anybody.

He said the truth and same people without hate in their heart get the message.

Asiwaju omo olodo ide is a tsunami and his enemies just hate him for being successful and because they have no one like him.

When its time for the game, the people will heed the call.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by ednut1(m): 4:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Your opinion does not matter anyways. Basket mouth polipastor

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by adenigga(m): 4:57am On Dec 28, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
No be this one first dey insult people searching for job yesterday? I no blame am,na who dey barb that he hair reach ground I blame.. Sun just dey hit the head direct,why won't he miss yan
A pastor praising thief ,hmmm.
Heaven far shall!

In fact.....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by abalog: 4:58am On Dec 28, 2020
cktheluckyman:

Lol mass movement of the North? You yorubas are very funny.Oya put him in the ballot against a Northener and see how much of a mass movement it is
Bro, do you know of Abiola and Tofa? It can still happen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by deeway200(m): 5:00am On Dec 28, 2020
This man dey fall my hand

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Kingjay007: 5:04am On Dec 28, 2020
Pastor leee

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by WiszyFraud: 5:06am On Dec 28, 2020
Mumu man cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by adenigga(m): 5:06am On Dec 28, 2020
WiszyFraud:
Mumu man cheesy

....!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Astra101: 5:08am On Dec 28, 2020
I'm always pained to see pastors meddling in politics especially Nigeria politics knowing fully well how dirty and satanic it is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by GeneralPula: 5:08am On Dec 28, 2020
[s]
JoeEeL:
This Sokoto-Yoruba mixed breed man should go and sit down. angry

Awon alatenuje!

Wrong. Everything to you is dirty politics. FREE campaign ko, free campaign ni. We true Yorubas will call out any errant so-called elder.

- Why has Tinubu not fully explained why the cameras at tollgate was removed during #EndSARS protest? You waste the lives of Yorubas during #EndSARS protest and the next thing you know is to mention IPOB? Awe, o o l'opolo l'ori. cool

- Why did Tinubu downplay the death of Pa Fasoranti's daughter during the Fulani herdsmen attack? Infamously asking 'Where are the cows?'

- Why did Tinubu sell us to the North? Turning the whole Yoruba race into f*cking slaves and peasants. We are at the gutters and Tinubu's 2023 ambition is more than the preservation of Yoruba lives exposed to Fulani terrorist army and herdsmen?

- Why has Tinubu turned a lot of promising Yorubas into touts and agberos? We are now a laughing stock. Our Yoruba ladies, many of them are stuck, in their quest to enter Europe illegally. Many are trapped and are being sold on the sex market in Libya. Our Yoruba ladies are now doing Ashawo all around just to earn a living. No handiwork. Our resources are illegally mined and sold to the Chinese. Most especially the gold in Osun.

- All our male youths (graduates) are now Okada riders in their droves. and bus conductors. Go to Mushin, Jakande, Iyana-Oba, Festac Town and see them. The ones that still want to form posh are simply Uber and Taxify drivers. No jobs for youth.

- Yorubas, in my opinion, take the lead when it comes to internet scam. Many do this. Our values completely eroded. Sad note cos we Yorubas once took the lead in the race for civilisation, even ahead of economies like South Korea then. We were the first to have Television in the whole of Nigeria, even before France. We were the first to own the press. We had the largest exportation of Cocoa and Timber (from Ogun state) before your useless One-Nigeria stripped our honour.

On a final note, you these urchins should stop using mosque and church to suppress the Yoruba voice. We want our separate nation. Crooks like Tinubu will be easily fished out when that time comes.

And finally, take note that your plan to always make it appear that anything anti-Tinubu is always IPOB is dead on arrival.

We are Yorubas -- and are firmly against the crookery and special-interest Tinubu caucus. We are against 2023 elections and are against this corporate establishment called Nigeria PLC. a.ka. Location-419.

A Yoruba nation is what we want -- and any idiot in our way will be crushed. Take note.
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Nobody Can Pay Me For My Opinion, Says Bakare by Godfullsam(m): 5:11am On Dec 28, 2020
Is this man a politician or a pastor

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Election APGA Primary: INEC Officials Monitoring The Process(photos) / Strike: PDP Bankrolling ASUU, Joe Igbokwe Says / Chairmanship: APC looks to Ganduje as Adamu’s replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.