Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku (17795 Views)

Peter Obi: Inec Lied, I Won The Presidential Election, Go And Verify / 2019: We Want More Than SGF, South-west PDP Tells Atiku / Osun Election: ‘go To Court’ – Returning Officer, Fuwape Tells Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by fxx2: 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
In case you have forgotten, this is Nigeria . . .

There was a man called Chief MKO Abiola.

In 1994 Moshood Abiola declared himself the lawful president of Nigeria in the Epetedo area of Lagos island, an area mainly populated by (Yoruba) Lagos Indigenes. He had recently returned from a trip to win the support of the international community for his mandate. After declaring himself president he was declared wanted and was accused of treason and arrested on the orders of military President General Sani Abacha, who sent 200 police vehicles to bring him into custody. MKO Abiola has been referred to as Nigeria's greatest statesman. His second wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was assassinated in Lagos in 1996 after declaring public support for her husband.

Moshood Abiola was detained for four years, largely in solitary confinement with a Bible, Qur'an, and fourteen guards as companions. During that time, Pope John Paul II, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and human rights activists from all over the world lobbied the Nigerian government for his release. The sole condition attached to the release of Chief Abiola was that he renounce his mandate, something that he refused to do, although the military government offered to compensate him and refund his extensive election expenses. For this reason Chief Abiola became extremely troubled when Kofi Annan and Emeka Anyaoku reported to the world that he had agreed to renounce his mandate after they met with him to tell him that the world would not recognise a five-year-old election.

Moshood Abiola married many wives; notable among them are Simibiat Atinuke Shoaga in 1960, Kudirat Olayinka Adeyemi in 1973, Adebisi Olawunmi Oshin in 1974, Doyinsola (Doyin) Abiola Aboaba in 1981, Modupe Onitiri-Abiola and Remi Abiola. He fathered many children.

Abiola died in suspicious circumstances shortly after the death of General Abacha, on the day that he was due to be released, 7 July 1998. While the official autopsy stated that Abiola died of natural causes, Abacha's Chief Security Officer, al-Mustapha has alleged that Moshood Abiola was in fact beaten to death. Al-Mustapha, who was detained by the Nigerian government, but later released, claims to have video and audiotapes showing how Abiola was beaten to death. The final autopsy report, which was produced by a group of international coroners has never been publicly released. Regardless of the exact circumstances of his death, it is clear that Chief Abiola received insufficient medical attention for his existing health conditions.

As recounted at the time in a BBC interview with special envoy Thomas R. Pickering, an American delegation which included Susan Rice visited Abiola; during their meeting with him, Abiola fell ill, with what was presumed to be a heart attack which caused his death.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Foodforthought: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
kingkakaone:

Even with late president Yar'adua claiming and accepting that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent, the court still didn't do anything.

Presidential elections are too hectic to follow through on real evidence that might cause an upset.

What if they find out that Atiku was also rigged for in the South South and South East? Both of them rigged in their strongholds.
My point exactly. But people won't think like that. Tempers are flaring. It might escalate because the atmosphere is still tense....
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by MartinsD12(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
GemstoneJs:
Thanks to God for giving me the speed
and to my parents for believing in me
and shout out to my girlfriend who never believe in me and to my teacher who said i wont make it.
FTC for the first time.

and if Buhari likes let him rule Nigeria forever
i'm still ATIKULATED
Gbam
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by BabaAduras: 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2019
GemstoneJs:
and shout out to my girlfriend who never believe in me and to my teacher who said i wont make it.
FTC for the first time.

i'm still ATIKULATED

Good for you. Whatever makes you happy.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by OlujobaSamuel: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
Foodforthought:

My point exactly. But people won't think like that. Tempers are flaring. It might escalate because the atmosphere is still tense....
Tense? Where? Na only online tense exist my brother.
As cited by the dude you quoted, the SC even acknowledged that there were infractions here and there in the election but not enough to cancel the election considering the logistics, finance and time it cost the nation.
Have you seen any physical protest after the announcement? All protest na only online, no news media protest sef.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by ekaette1621: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
Wailers are having a field day

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by kernniejay(m): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
GemstoneJs:
FTC for the first time.

i'm still ATIKULATED

Whether you atikulate or not, nobody cares, not even Atiku anymore. The only people that still give a fvck are over there.

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by unite4real: 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
The Judge will ask Atiku.

1. did you campaign in Borno State?
2. did you campaign in Yobe state?
3. When you went there, was there insurgency/crisis preventing your campaign
4. Was your campaign and that of your opponents peaceful in those state?
5. Why do you now question the voter turn out from these states?
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by faro02455(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
scaramucci:
Every thump printed ballot paper should be subjected to forensic analysis. That will crumbles the lies. APC is not smart at all.
Ballot papers to forensic analysis? �...
Pele o..Ologbon aye.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by fixedfolly: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
slawomir:
Saying it with confidence because tanko is their man

Steal a ballot box and get a bullet in return was to create an easy environment for APC thugs to snatch ballot box with ease

Buhari is a disgrace. All these my integrity he claim is a scam

We are heading to court

Another failure loading........ grin
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by ud4u: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
Which court, Nigeria abi abroad
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Xander85: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
Built2last:
They saw this day and acted fast on CJN

The speed with which they acted on the Onnogen issue should have been a pointer as to their real intentions!
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Felixv: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
scaramucci:
Every thump printed ballot paper should be subjected to forensic analysis. That will crumbles the lies. APC is not smart at all.

And they will do the same forensics in Anambra, Enugu and rivers. Hmmmm
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Poanan: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
The truth is that APC had all plans lined out. They are saying go to court like that was not the reason they planted the acting CJN and removed Onnoghen.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by TeamSimple(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Offpoint:
I've been trying hard to find out the reason why Buhari still wins this Election, then bang!! the answer snapped at me yesterday...
it's because
"The numbers of insane minded Nigerians out numbered the sane Nigerians, The numbers of illiterates in Nigeria out numbered the literate ones"

Then I stopped worrying about everything surroundings the election, maybe it wasn't rigged.... Now I'm prepared for the worst and still praying for the best.

One thing I'm certain for sure, 10 years to now.... Nigeria will still be a shíthole.
If you had voted for Atiku then you also an illiterate
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Oshomole talks too much sha

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Basher8583: 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
INVINCIBLECSP:
APC Will Also Rig In Court. Thats How Bad The System Is.
Atiku Remains My President Until 2023. That's My Stand.
GEJ is no more your president
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by superlanny(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
Offpoint:
I've been trying hard to find out the reason why Buhari still wins this Election, then bang!! the answer snapped at me yesterday...
it's because
"The numbers of insane minded Nigerians out numbered the sane Nigerians, The numbers of illiterates in Nigeria out numbered the literate ones"

Then I stopped worrying about everything surroundings the election, maybe it wasn't rigged.... Now I'm prepared for the worst and still praying for the best.

One thing I'm certain for sure, 10 years to now.... Nigeria will still be a shíthole.
if you think it's only illiterates that voted PMB, you must still be living in a limbo, someone should wake you up, I still stand on the fact that I pity you people, better heal you heart and move on, next level is a reality.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2019
Foodforthought:

Nothing will happen.
Just watch the situation after 10days and you will discover that these noises up and down have retired to their businesses, or better still, APC will help sponsor BBN quickly so that their attention will shift to that side.

Most of the noise makers don't last long online and are virtually absent offline when it comes to action.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
hmmm.
check my signature
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Offpoint: 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
superlanny:
if you think it's only illiterates that voted PMB, you must still be living in a limbo, someone should wake you up, I still stand on the fact that I pity you people, better heal you heart and move on, next level is a reality.
I gave 2 categories of people, if you didn't fall in the first, you'll definitely fall into the 2nd.

everybody go dey OK las las
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by chiwex(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
scaramucci:

yes, you are right. i saw the videos
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Alanine1123: 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
GemstoneJs:
FTC for the first time.

i'm still ATIKULATED

Lolz
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by KanwuliaExtra: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
I wish na US or UK this dey happen!
Shegey!!! cheesy

Russian collusion go be child’s play. . . . . grin
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Basher8583:

GEJ is no more your president
Excuse Me! Who Won 2019 Presidential Election? For Your Mind Its The Thief Buhari. Atiku Won With Large Margin. Buhari Stole It. So Much For Intergrity
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by middlebelter(m): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
I dont think Atiku and PDP needs any advice from APC on this matter.

Buhari was always going to court whenever he lost an election, why should he then be surprise to see anyone going to court to challenge his victory.It is the constitutional way to seek redress after an election and I urge PDP to pursue this to the end. At the end of the day, Nigeria electoral system will be better.
Re: Presidential Election: Go To Court If You Wish, APC Tells Atiku by princegeo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
Let's divide these country

Hausa on your own atleast una have una president now the king of the northerners

Yoruba slaves on your own atleast Thiefubu is there

Igbos on our own thankGod for Nnamdi Kanu

Useless country , I hate that name Nigeria so backward

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Famine Hits Zamfara As Bandits Warn Residents To Avoid Farms, Kill Three / ENDEARS: Full Statement By Lai Muhammed On Judicial Panel (Video) / Six Govs, Alaibe Boycott Inauguration Of Sylva’s Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.