Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! (1112 Views)

Street Protests In Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre / Governors-Elect Who Are Likely To Lose At The Tribunals / Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by smile4kenn(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2007
The coalition was led by the presidential candidate of The African Democratic Congress (ADC), Professor Pat Utomi, who also doubles as chairman, Strategy Committee of the coalition. He was accompanied by the Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organization, Alhaji Sule Hamma, a former External Affairs minister and a chieftain of the AC, Chief Tom Ikimi among others.

Among other things, the group called for the dissolution of INEC, with a view to conducting election after the expiration of President Obasanjo’s tenure on May 29.
It further stated that the Senate should clarify the post-May 29, 2007 succession process as stipulated in the constitution, whereby upon the expiration of Obasanjo’s tenure, powers of state would fall on the Senate president and later the Chief Justice of the federation, for the conduct of a fresh election, adding that it was important to take the aforementioned steps so as to foil the plan by Obasanjo to foist “a fait accompli upon the nation.”

But Nnamani said, “my position has always been to follow the necessary due process. Like I have always said, we are running a constitutional democracy and not presidential democracy as some people often say. We derive our bearings from the constitution.

“Elections are yet to be concluded, because I understand the National Assembly elections are yet to take place in some states. We have not discussed the conduct of elections yet. Today we simply reconvene to consider the Ekiti emergency proclamation, and that is why I feel that apart from alleviating poverty, we often talked about, there is the need to also alleviate ignorance because some people have ignorantly insinuated that the Senate was reconvening to set up an Interim National Government (ING).“If we follow the due process, it may be rough but wherever it takes us that will be the outcome. Whatever the constitution asks us to do let’s do it, let’s follow it to the logical conclusion. Violence will not help us.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/apr/25/national-25-04-2007-07.htm

"We have seen revolutions around the world, from Ukraine to the Philippines. We must replicate that," Pat Utomi told the BBC, on behalf of 25 parties.

Outgoing President Olusegun Obasanjo has admitted the polls were flawed but says they should not be re-run.

Thousands of opposition supporters protested in the streets of the biggest northern city, Kano, but they were soon dispersed by police firing tear gas.

Mr Utomi stressed that the protests should be peaceful and within the law.

'No legal challenge'

European Union observers say the elections fell far short of international standards and "cannot be considered to have been credible".

One Nigerian newspaper on Tuesday said their country had become a laughing stock.

"This is not the kind of Nigeria we dreamed of," said the independent daily, The Nation. The EU says at least 200 people have died since campaigning began.

Opposition candidate Muhammadu Buhari has told the BBC that he did not think Mr Yar'Adua would be sworn in as scheduled on 29 May but he did not give details of how this would be prevented.

"You have to be patient and see whether it will happen on the 29th of next month. But I very much doubt it," he said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6586867.stm
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by Jakumo(m): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2007
With the exception of their ugly wives and feral children in their respective village compounds, NOBODY in Nigeria will EVER protest on account of Ayatollah I-go-jail-you Buhari and Atiku (Ateef). 

For his multiple election losses however, Buhari must now be honored with the Golden Turd Award for being the most severely retarded cretin to ever escape from a lunatic asylum and attempt to attain respectability.

Those two BORN LOSERS have been swept neatly into the septic tank of history, from where they will only ever be dredged up to serve as the butt of jokes in beer parlours and TV comedy shows.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by GNature(m): 6:47am On Apr 25, 2007
Only God can keep Yar'Adua from being sworn in on May 29, 2007.

In my opinion, Buhari, Atiku and others couldn't have won even if the election was fair and legitimate.

Did anyone see the actual voting break down per state ? I have looked everywhere, but can't find anything.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by awoof(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2007
Jakumo:

With the exception of their ugly wives and feral children in their respective village compounds, NOBODY in Nigeria will EVER protest on account of Ayatollah I-go-jail-you Buhari and Atiku (Ateef). 

For his multiple election losses however, Buhari must now be honored with the Golden Turd Award for being the most severely retarded cretin to ever escape from a lunatic asylum and attempt to attain respectability.

Those two BORN LOSERS have been swept neatly into the septic tank of history, from where they will only ever be dredged up to serve as the butt of jokes in beer parlours and TV comedy shows.

good talk i am with you 1 million times, may your days be long. cool cool As for Buhari he has the right to complain wether genuinely or otherwise, but definitely not that man that was given the task to oversee only one unit of the federal government operations i.e PTDF and he messed it up. and he now believes he owns Nigerian courts. the next case he will take to court is for the Supreme Court to confirm wether his name is actually Atiku or not undecided undecided undecided and because of his inordinate ambition to become the president (God forbid) of Nigeria he refused to step down for Buhari who had better credentials. Oyinbo will say he shot himself at the foot grin grin grin
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by awoof(m): 7:29am On Apr 25, 2007
As for Utomi see how some Nigerians can fall from the peak of mount Everest to the pit toilet in my village, he used to be one of the up mobile young Nigerians i had respect for, but upon all his education he made that comment,  we should ask EFCC to investigate his certificates we may end up exposing another Toronto saga. Come to think of it is that guy a half caste or albino "afin onje iyo" grin grin grin grin grin (albino no dey chop salt)
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by Pain(m): 10:41am On Apr 25, 2007
I Say To Hell With The Damned. Atiku. Who Is Going To Spill His Blood For An Ignoramus Like Him?

Shame On Whoever. Such A Scoundrel. He Is Trying To Play On Our Collective Intelligence As A Nation.

Talk About Someone Who Cant Even Manage His Own Life Talk Less Of His Own Home Trying To Rule Us. Mrs "Titie" Atiku Would Tell U Better!

I Say He Should Be Stoned. Stone Headed Fool!!

Most Idiots Like Him Have Found It Impossible To Come To Terms With The Generational Power Shif. A Good Example Is I-BraT- Him Mantu.

Power Must Change Hands And It Is Indeed Dawning On Our Polity.

OBJ Is Waging A Silent Revolution. The Man Was And Is No Fool As Most Pple Think.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by McKren(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2007
Utomi should not allow himself to be used by selfish and over ambitious people

Is it not funny that People who could not reach a concensus for months to present a common challenge against the PDP could within hours of loosing the election adopt Utomi as their spokesman. He should just respect himself.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2007
whyyyyyyyyyy

i like him. he sounds like he's got the nation's interest @ heart tongue
y don't they just let him rule, for a year or so, and then we;ll c wot happens. lipsrsealed

it's not like any one wanted buhari or atiku, right undecided
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by McKren(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2007
whats up kellorah?
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by omon(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2007
how can UTOMI dine with the likes of IKIMI and hope to be taken seriously?
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by joshO: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2007
I never really thought much of Utomi to be honest. He may speak all the grammer in the world, but I doubt his wisdom.  

He is now the spokesperson for these bunch of desperdos abi?

His urterances and demands for a 'cancellation' of elections and 'interim goverment' smacks of a desperately sour looser with a small brain!!
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by Mariory(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
Is this the Utomi a number of people were talking about? How disappointing. The going gets tough and he teams up with the usual suspects? Pitiful.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by folem: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2007
Utomi won less than 100,000 votes and he is now the spokesman for the losers. He won lesss than 20,000 votes in Lagos State or is that rigging too?

In Nigeria no loser has been magnanimous in defeat even in cases where they were well beaten.

Due process for electoral complaints is the tribunal and the courts but alas they want Interim Government bypassing the tribunal.

This reminds me of the Biblical story of King Solomon and the 2 mothers who were disputing a child.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by IykeD1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2007
These are bunch of jokers. They want an Interim Government to be headed by
Senate President Nnamani, and after that, it will be headed by the Chief Justice.
The plan is that a corrupt-free INEC will emerge, and a truly "free and fair"
election will also be conducted within this period, in Nigeria?

Like I said, these guys are jokers (morons). If we can not achieve all the above
with the semi-organized system in place, how do they hope to accomplish same
with an Interim Government. As someone said earlier, if these fools weren't
selfish and egotistic enough, then just may be they would have formed such a
formidable opposition 12 months ago to alter the outcomes we have today.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by alabiyemmy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2007
Yar' Adua will beat Buhari and Atiku - plus Pat Utomi any day - le the elections be held over and over again.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by Mamajama(m): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
Come protest now, we have ARMY and military boys waiting for you, and remember this ZOMBIES don't speak or understand English. grin grin shocked

This sore loser's can complain all they want they can never beat Yar Adua even if there is another Election.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
Are u sure he will win?I dnt tink so oh.Coming to think of it people dnt want him cos of PDP and wats d craze with d power shift?
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by IykeD1(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2007
@9ja4eva

Are u sure he will win?I dnt think so oh.Coming to think of it people dnt want him because of PDP and wats d craze
with d power shift?

I beg to differ. A lot of people want Yar Adua, although they are not crazy about PDP (his party).
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2007
ye, it's more about him than his party
i think he'll make a good presi-do
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2007
Iyke-D:

@9ja4eva

I beg to differ. A lot of people want Yar Adua, although they are not crazy about PDP (his party).

Dts wat i meant.Its unfortunate he is in PDP.Wait a minute how will he be a good ruler with Obj and co on his wings.He definitely cannot fly.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2007
who knows tomorrow? he might turn around and tell obk and co where to shove it undecided
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2007
Dt wld be great.If he does dt den we wldnt have a problem.Do u really see him as d man Nigeria needs
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2007
not exactly, but i think he's better than the other candidates undecided
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2007
As in Atiku and Buhari.Not Pat Utomi anyway.Lets c anyway
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by unleashit(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2007
It is so unfortunate that we have so many dreamers wanting to become our president, there was nothing on earth that would have made it possible for atiku or buhari to have won the election unless the only opponent is abacha. For those who believe yaradua wud be obj's puppet,just wait and see.The commander in-chief can not be given orders, he can only be advised and he reserves the right to take it or leave it.
For those who think they can go to the street to protest instead of going to the tribunal,they would all be declared security risk to the state and remember no individual is greater than the state.
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2007
so true ^^^

i cnt imagine him being bossed around,
obj shd get ready to include yaradua in his black book,
that guy wont b kissing obj's ass, he'll b kicking it.
can't wait!! cheesy
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2007
Cant wait too.I imagine one of d biggest movies coming out soon from PDP.Yar Adua abeg do us well
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by kellorah: 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2007
lmfao, ^
frm generation to generation, the DVD'll be selling cheesy

i jst have this feeling nigeria will be moving forward-no matter how little- this year wink
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2007
Yes i do too.Ha d movie wld be d highest selling for centuries.I dream of Yar adua ordering dem to arrest baba for corruption.Baba shld serve his third term and more in Kirikiri. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by awoof(m): 3:33am On Apr 27, 2007
good talk my people wink wink it is not too late for Utomi to leave that motley group of bad losers. But elders from his village should advise him (if he respects his elders) that he should back off from these frustrated so called politicians, in any case Nigeria presidency should not be for non starters anyway. let him start his political career from at least House of rep.; but i am afraid he has probably started nailing his political coffin cry cry
Re: Yardua Should Not Rejoice Yet! Tribunals And Street Protests Ahead! by 9ja4eva: 3:35am On Apr 27, 2007
People suggestd dt too.No i dnt tink he has though

(1) (Reply)

Baba Gana Kingbe Becomes Sgf / Www.nigerialounge.com / The 7 Point Agenda!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.