Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Goals From Nigerians All Over The World - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Goals From Nigerians All Over The World (63832 Views)

Premier League 2014/2015 Only Goals From English Players Count. / Goals From Nigerians All Over The World 2014 / Goals From Nigerians All Over The World 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
25/07/2011 (Monday)

Danish Superliga
Koge BK - FC Midtjylland 2:3
50' Jude Nworuh (FC Midtjylland) (0:1)
51' Sylvester Igboun (FC Midtjylland) (0:2)
69' Rilwan Olanrewaju Hassan (FC Midtjylland) (1:3)
FC Midtjylland have 6 Nigerian players btw (apart from the three above Adigun Salami, Babajide Babatunde, Izunna Ugochukwu). All of them 23 or younger.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by semid4lyfe(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
Jarus:

Officially, of course. Can Eguavon draft this guy to under 23 team ahead of 8-nation qualifiers stage for olympics?

Naah. . .Eguavoen will rather stick to that useless excuse for a striker and waste-pipe that goes by the name Odion Ighalo
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Naah. . .Eguavoen will rather stick to that useless excuse for a striker and waste-pipe that goes by the name Odion Ighalo

Just like Siasia would rather stick to a useless excuse of a winger and a waste-pipe that goes by the name Solomon Okonkwo and Isaac Promise, including Ekpo tongue
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by semid4lyfe(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2011

Just like Siasia would rather stick to a useless excuse of a winger and a waste-pipe that goes by the name Solomon Okonkwo and Isaac Promise, including Ekpo

Funny you're criticizing Siasia for his non-invitation of Brown Ideye to the Super Eagles but you never said a word about Eguavoen not inviting free scoring players like Anthony Ujah, Michael Uchebo etc to the U-23 Olympic team until his hand was forced by injury & absence of Odion Ighalo. Is it a tribalism thing for you? undecided

Solomon Okonkwo and Emmanuel Ekpo acquitted themselves well in the U-20 and U-23 teams unlike Ideye Brown who was a flop in Canada 2007 U-20 World cup and the few games he's played for the Super Eagles.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by honeric01(m): 4:46am On Jul 28, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Funny you're criticizing Siasia for his non-invitation of Brown Ideye to the Super Eagles but you never said a word about Eguavoen not inviting free scoring players like Anthony Ujah, Michael Uchebo etc to the U-23 Olympic team until his hand was forced by injury & absence of Odion Ighalo. Is it a tribalism thing for you? undecided

Solomon Okonkwo and Emmanuel Ekpo acquitted themselves well in the U-20 and U-23 teams unlike Ideye Brown who was a flop in Canada 2007 U-20 World cup and the few games he's played for the Super Eagles.

So it's tribalism to you all of a sudden just because I am supporting meritocracy rather than mediocrity?  undecided

Where were you when i was screaming that Odion Ighalo was a waste pipe (when this same Siasia took him to Egypt?) why didn't you call me tribalist then or is Odion not Bini too? undecided

The names you mentioned are not people we all watch day in day out, these names aren't popular to us and if we are to go by that, then we have series of other players that should be called up in place of these names you listed but Ideye stands out from these people you listed

Check out his last season's stats and his current season's stats too, then compare and contrast with that of Okonkwo and Ekpo.

If you label me Tribalist, what then are you going to call Emeka Nwanni, Udoh Ekpe, Godwin, Akin Alabi e.t.c who also spoke against Brown Ideye's exclusion from the squad? tribalist or they are not current?

You claimed he's a flop, yet he's making waves here and there and just moved to be with the champions of Ukraine, UCL candidates, not just for chicken change but for a well deserved price tag, this is no fluke bro, he was never a flop at the U-20 worldcup except you don't want to be sincere with yourself. (go and check out his goal style at that tournament under Ladan Bosso)

THE OKONKWO THAT IS NOT A FLOP, WHERE DOES HE PLAY AND HOW MANY CLUB GOALS HAS HE SCORED? DO YOU HEAR ANYTHING FROM HIM ANYTIME HE'S NOT IN THE JERSEYS OF THE SE/FS?

Lets learn to call a spade a spade, you don't use the national team to compensate anyone just because they are close to you or because you groomed them, this is not age grade thing bro, this is real business where the best should be used anytime of the day!
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:28am On Jul 28, 2011
I don't get your issue with Ekpo, who was great at the Olympics. I am not going to hold the fact he plays in the United States against Ekpo as he consistently performed in a Nigerian tshirt. He is also a starter in the MLS, which can not be said about many other players. Given the poor options in midfield have Ekpo is a great addition to the squad. If he doesn't perform drop him.

Solomon Okoronkwo is much more of an issue,but sometime a player can be good for the national team, even though he has tough times at club level.

Odion Ighalo - don't really care for him, but he has been a consistent goalscorer for Granada and has scored some very important goals for them.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by honeric01(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2011
^^^^

My issue is not really with Ekpo, rather Solomon, even in the national team's jersey, what can you say stand him out from the rest? i mean how is he better than Ideye?
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2011
I agree that Ideye Brown along with Peter Utaka have been the most consistent Nigerian goalscorers in Europe of late (and to a lesser extent Benjamin Onwuachi). Then there is a new crop of players like Ahmed Musa, Michael Uchebo, Emmanuel Emenike, Simon Zenke, Kim Ojo, Nosa Igiebor, Anthony Ujah, Jude Nworuh, Sylvester Igboun, MacPherlin Dudu Omagbemi. All of them may not play in big leagues, but at least they score goals for their club.

I really don't see any need for Okoronkwo given the options in attack. There are so many options in attack we can test and Okoronkwo seems not to add anything new.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by yoged(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2011
guyz,why now? i thought dis tread is mainly for goals scored by 9ja playerz abroad. i beg make una leave arguement alone ooo. i dey beg u
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2011
After the brief distraction the much discussed Okoronkwo scored a goal cheesy

28/07/2011 (Thursday)

UEFA Europa League
Aalesunds FK (Norway) - Elfsborg (Sweden) 4:0
5' Solomon Okoronkwo (Aalesunds FK) (1:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2011
29/07/2011 (Friday)

African Confederation Cup 2011
JS Kabylie (Algeria) - Sunshine Stars (Nigeria) 1:2
3' Emmanuel Sunday (Sunshine Stars) (0:1)
75' Sakibu Atanda (Sunshine Stars) (1:2[)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2011
30/07/2011 (Saturday)

CAF Champions League
Coton Sport FC (Cameroon) - Enyimba International FC (Nigeria) 2:3
10' Uche Kalu (Enyimba) (0:1)
40' Johnson Gidozi (Enyimba) (0:2)
84' Uche Kalu (Enyimba) (2:3)
Can't remember the last time Nigerians had such a good campaign in African club football,

Friendly
Colchester United - Watford (England) 1:0
24' Kayode Odeyaji (Colchester United) (1:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2011
31/07/2011 (Sunday)

Ukraine Vischaya League
FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih - Chernomorets Odessa 1:0
30' Michael Babatunde (FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih) (1:0)
Always nice to see a new name.

Norway Tippeligaen
Odd Grennland - Brann 2:3
23' Kim Ojo (Brann) (0:1)

Swedish League Allsvenskan
Hacken - Syrianska FC 4:0
55' John Chibuike (Hacken) (2:0)
63' John Chibuike (Hacken) (3:0)
Goals 5 and 6 for Chibuike.

Finland Veikkausliiga League
KuPS - Jyvaskylan JK 4:4
72' Olajide Williams (KuPS) (3:2)

Friendly
Preston North End - Wigan Athletic 1:3
9' Victor Moses (Wigan Athletic) (0:2)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
1/08/2011 (Monday)

Swedish League Division 1 North
Syrianska IF Kerburan - Dalkurd 1:2
8' Michael Omoh (Dalkurd) (1:2)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by enomakos(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2011
keep them coming

u try dude
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
3/08/2011 (Wednesday)

Norway Tippeligaen
Lillestrom - Tromso 3:2
22' Nosa Igiebor (Lillestrom) (1:0)
79' Ohi Omoijuanfo (Lillestrom) (2:2)
88' Nosa Igiebor (Lillestrom) (3:2)
Goals 7 and 8 for Igiebor, while no 3 for the 17 year old Norwegian-Nigerian.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
4/08/2011 (Thursday)

Norway Tippeligaen
IK Start - Molde FK 1:2
53' Daniel Chima (Molde FK) (1:2)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2011
Big news of yesterday:

Obi Mikel ALMOST scores a goal.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by honeric01(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^

Nearly no dey kill bird.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2011
6/08/2011 (Saturday)

Friendly
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (England) - Real Zaragoza (Spain) 2:0
60' George Elokobi (Wolverhampton) (1:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
7/08/2011 (Sunday)

Italian Cup
Pisa - Bacoli Sibilla 3:0
90' Kenneth Obodo (Pisa) (3:0)

Friendly
Wigan Athletic (England) - Villarreal CF (Spain) 1:0
45' Victor Moses (Wigan Athletic) (1:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
9/08/2011 (Tuesday)

English League Cup
Wycombe Wanderers FC - Colchester United 3:3 (5:4)
27' Kayode Odejayi (Colchester United) (1:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
12/08/2011 (Friday)

Finland Veikkausliiga League
KuPS - MyPa 2:0
90' Olajide Williams (KuPS) (2:0)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
13/08/2011 (Saturday)

Swedish League Allsvenskan
Halmstad - Hacken 0:1
31' John Chibuike (Hacken) (0:1)

Swedish League Division 1 North
Vasby United - Dalkurd 2:1
45' Chidi Dauda Omeje (1:1)

Ukraine Vischaya League
Arsenal Kyiv - FC Dinamo Kiev 0:2
35' Aide Ideye Brown (FC Dinamo Kiev) (0:2)
They won despite playing 10 men since the 15th minute. Brown is slowly proving he is the most consistent Nigerian striker in Europe.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
14/08/2011 (Sunday)

CAF Champions League
Enyimba International FC (Nigeria) - Raja Club Athletic (Morocco)
9' Uche Ndukwe (Enyimba) (1:0)
25' Johnson Gidozi (Enyimba) (2:0)
Important win. Enyimba look good for the semis.

African Confederation Cup 2011
ASEC Mimosas Abidjan (Ivory Coast) - Kaduna United (Nigeria) 2:1
66' Mohamed Abdul (Kaduna United) (1:1)

Italian Cup
Sassuolo - Juve Stabia 2:1
64' Jerry Uche Mbakogu (Juve Stabia) (1:1)
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by henry101(m): 5:16am On Aug 18, 2011
marutimon:

6/08/2011 (Saturday)

Friendly
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (England) - Real Zaragoza (Spain) 2:0
60' George Elokobi (Wolverhampton) (1:0)

George Elokobi is a Camerounian.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by marutimon: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2011
Sor! The name put me off,
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by yoged(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2011
21/08/2011 Holland Eredivisie Vvv venlo Vs Ajax(2:2) 47' Ahmed Musa Vvv venlo (1:0) 60' Ahmed Musa Vvv venlo(2:0). This Musa guy is a wizzard.im no rest. I think he needs to move to a bigger club and showcase his talent.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by moonraker(m): 6:14am On Aug 23, 2011
yoged:

21/08/2011 Holland Eredivisie Vvv venlo Vs Ajax(2:2) 47' Ahmed Musa Vvv venlo (1:0) 60' Ahmed Musa Vvv venlo(2:0). This Musa guy is a wizzard.im no rest. I think he needs to move to a bigger club and showcase his talent.

actually, i watched that game and while i really dont wanna jump

into conclusions, its did give a certain perception that maybe the

dutch league isnt that competitive enough. My point?? what is the

guarantee that he did keep on excelling if he moved to a big club??
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by Jarus(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2011
Dutch league not competitive?

The same league that produced Ronaldo de Lima, Van Nistelrooy that later went on to conquer other bigger leagues?

If he does well in Eredivisie, he should do at least averagely in bigger leagues, even if he doesn't become a Superstar.
I see him at least becoming a Salomon Kalou that did well in Eredivisie with Feyenoord and not badly in EPL later.
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by honeric01(m): 4:34am On Aug 24, 2011
^^^^

Thank you, some people sha!
Re: Goals From Nigerians All Over The World by moonraker(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2011
Jarus:

Dutch league not competitive?

The same league that produced Ronaldo de Lima, Van Nistelrooy that later went on to conquer other bigger leagues?

If he does well in Eredivisie, he should do at least averagely in bigger leagues, even if he doesn't become a Superstar.
I see him at least becoming a Salomon Kalou that did well in Eredivisie with Feyenoord and not badly in EPL later.
honeric01:

^^^^

Thank you, some people sha!

Interesting points. funny i was expecting u to name a nigerian. You forget that what is the same for a Brazilian or european player

doesnt always apply to a nigerian player. how many nigerian players have we seen in past that have left the club they were and moved on

a BIGGER club, only for them to under perform, I rest my case!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria / Ronaldo Sells His Hill-side Mansion To Pepe / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.