Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. (2181 Views)

Is Rapping In Vernacular Whack? / Top 5 Whack Rappers In Nigeria / Check These Whack Rappers Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by pckid: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2010
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/08/ruggedman-reacts-to-aqs-calling-him-whack/

Ruggedman is reacting to the calling out by the fast rising rap artiste, A-Q did on his latest single ‘Names’. AQ rapped that “We don’t say autotune, we say Jesse Jagz – We don’t say whack, we say Ruggedman is whack” and it was later reported as a ‘diss’ at the two artistes while some have reported it to be a publicity stunt which AQ addressed in a recent interview with NEXT newspaper – “If it is for a publicity, I would go after Naeto C or M.I.”.

AQ was on Radio Contentinental 102.3 FM, Lagos with radio OAP and one time rap artiste KShow where he addressed the situation against and sampled tracks off , http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/08/ruggedman-reacts-to-aqs-calling-him-whack/

Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Kinezeala(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
what happened to ruggedy baba?
This is not the peace or war ruggedman i used to know jor!
Kwo!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Dotman01(m): 10:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
Whc ruggedy did u knw. . . The one i knew didnt go afta any real rapper!. . . So ruggedy aint rugged he's a coward!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Mobinga: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
Cheap Move to gain publicity. . . Although I don't even like ruggedman. . . but i fink AQ should stfu. . .
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by aldon: 11:30pm On Aug 30, 2010
(sighs) but kshow be 4kup oo why will he allow this lil' goat ridicule ruggedman in show nw? hw long will rugged face this karma? He neva had any personal thing against eedris et al back in the dayz.he only corrected the crap they were dishing out nd he didnt even diss them 4 long.why is it looking lyk he will spend his whole lyf getting dissed by these hungry underground rapcats? why will a sane mind call rugged 'wack' when he knws rugged is not nd he claims its not publicity stunt? well time will tell sha.one thing I know is dat rugged will neva reply this attention seeking nitwit!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by javalove(m): 7:23am On Aug 31, 2010
@aldon

u seem to me a very poor student of history. . .even events that are as recent as 10yrs. . .go ask ur history teacher to tell u about aw naija hiphop came to being. . .then u wud know rugheadman's impact. . .

he must be regretting it by now. . .

have u noticed hehas never put up anything against mode or any other rapper since my fracas wiv him?

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Dotman01(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2010
Ha ha ha. . . . . Lmao
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by montelik(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2010
Rugged should go and wash his head back in the village, something is not right. All the needless controversy and dissing he just attracting at such a high rate suggest "something" is at work here  wink
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by charlesopp(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2010
who da f*** is AQ
he shld go and get some life' all i wnt now is the RM new album and should jst address all dis pomo men isssue 4 once.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Genuflect(m): 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2010
I think I kinda agree with Karma being a bit.ch. Lol. But that doesn't mean I support AQ tho. Make that one go siddon jare
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Yorubah(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
Mobinga:

Cheap Move to gain publicity. . . Although I don't even like ruggedman. . . but i fink AQ should stfu. . .
Yeah i feel u but i got something to say abt it, Ya'll should know what goes around comes around, this dude Rugged dissed people to step up and most def people are gonna dis him to step down. Matter of fact he's run out of Rhymes, Punch lines and i deleted him off ma twitter cos he ain't reppin the game again. The dude empty outta gas believe it or not. I guess he's got skills in singing Gospel music Lmao
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by montelik(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
Yorubah:

Yeah i feel u but i got something to say abt it, Ya'll should know what goes around comes around, this dude Rugged dissed people to step up and most def people are gonna dis him to step down. Matter of fact he's run out of Rhymes, Punch lines and i deleted him off ma twitter cos he ain't reppin the game again. The dude empty outta gas believe it or not. I guess he's got skills in singing Gospel music Lmao

grin grin
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by powerofmap(m): 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hate him or Love him, He change d face of d game when wack rapper are giving us baba luku rapping,
AQ shud learn from Ruggedman when u wana Diss someone make it creative then ppl would wana hear what you got to say,

Go ask Kelly handsome how he did Igwe Kom Kom so u learn how to diss creatively Ode oshi,
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by javalove(m): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
Rug Head Man is wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by CLASSIFYD(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ruggedman aint up to standard no more jo. He has become obsolete.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by slimshay(m): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
Its such a shame, everytime I hear 'rugged responds to xyz' I knw he's been talking in the magazines again. Why can't he jus make like self respectin rappers do and PUT IT ON WAX!!!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by dammiecool(m): 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
They all want replies cool cool

I guess Ruggedy might decide to give it to em tongue tongue
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by powerofmap(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
Keep hating online cos u got access to internet and the guy keep making his cheddars, lolz
Where all the so call hip hop head dey when we dey hear wack shit? why dem no come out? he spoke for all the game is now cool ya all keep hating, Especially you Javalove why hate on him? if u dont like Ruggedman keep it to yourself why everything u go begin show am,

When u give up coming rapper or some who got shit to say an edge you make d person relevant, who be AQ who sabi am?, lolz
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by tosinaded(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ruggedman changed the Hiphop scene n Nigeria!
Any dissing him is a Ba$t&rd. . . . .Simple as A B C

without him guys wont blow. . . . he was the Jesus of Naija Rap
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by mbulela: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
tosinaded@:

Ruggedman changed the Hiphop scene n Nigeria!
Any dissing him is a Ba$t&rd. . . . .Simple as A B C

without him guys wont blow. . . . he was the Jesus of Naija Rap

Mode is the Mohammed of African Rap wink
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by aldon: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2010
javalove:

Rug Head Man is wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. java kindly xplain 2 me in details what makes ruggedman wack? nd pls try to do dat sensibly.Am all ears.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by CLASSIFYD(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
@aldon
'Am all ears'?.?.?, is ur ear against d lappy sumtn to listen to java's reply? Hehe.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by yoji: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2010
As far as am concerned, talent is just one side of d coin, impact is d other side. That's y rugged, mode, mi stand out cos they had both at a point in time. Its only in naija that new school rappers go after previous generation rappers and frankly its insane. Common is a better rapper than rakim now but knows that rakim doin wat he did @ that time puts him on a higher pedestal forever. Same applies for Drake and fresh prince.Frankly rugged re-defined naija rap and made it a seriuos art that cud be place alongside mainstream naija music. U might argue if he didnrt do it someone else. Might have but as it stands, he was in d right place at d rightb time so he takes d accolades.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by aldon: 12:06am On Sep 03, 2010
@yoji - GoD bless u.real talk!!! tell dem Oo
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by hectorswag(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2010
ruggedman was feeling himself just few years back, after a lil taste of fame he felt he was on top, and now moved to set up a clothing line, which i would admit is reasonable.

but he forgot the music that got him his first big break and fame, so MI and Naeto c popped up on the scene and shove him off the charts, feeling displaced he quickly released an impromptu single, didnt trip me @ all, tongue and dat still didnt get him anywhere, the challenge was just too great for him, running out of ideas, nothing dey to sing again grin

Instead of the mugu to focus on improving his skills so as to snipe out these new acts from the charts he went on a goose chase, fighting for indemnity from 9ice all because of a song he sang, something that didnt concern him as if they mentioned his name, looking for who to blame for defaming him, he put it on 9ice and his once bitten twice shy track!! tongue tongue tongue

Before, he was my favorite i mean compared to modenine, terry da rap man, and dat one dat calls himself sanchez, tongue but since these new breed of artistes came (MI, Jesse Jags and Naeto C) grin grin i would say he is no where near to droppin the kinda shiiit these boyz cook grin grin
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Fred87(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2010
@rhymestein.i heard d boy sanchez now writes a certain series/show 4 mnet in SA.he was b'city finest at a time.eeeezz
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by CLASSIFYD(m): 11:40am On Sep 04, 2010
@fred
yeah,he writes for tinsel.
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by javalove(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2010
hectorswag:

ruggedman was feeling himself just few years back, after a lil taste of fame he felt he was on top, and now moved to set up a clothing line, which i would admit is reasonable because i'd do the same if i where in his shoes- invest my money!! cool

but he forgot the music that got him his first big break and fame, so MI and Naeto c popped up on the scene and shove him off the charts, feeling displaced he quickly released an impromptu single, didnt trip me @ all, tongue and dat still didnt get him anywhere, the challenge was just too great for him, running out of ideas, nothing dey to sing again grin

Instead of the mugu to focus on improving his skills so as to snipe out these new acts from the charts he went on a goose chase, fighting for indemnity from 9ice all because of a song he sang, something that didnt concern him as if they mentioned his name, looking for who to blame for defaming him, he put it on 9ice and his once bitten twice shy track!! tongue tongue tongue

Before, he was my favorite i mean compared to modenine, terry da rap man, and dat one dat calls himself sanchez, tongue but since these new breed of artistes came (MI, Jesse Jags and Naeto C) grin grin i would say he is no where near to droppin the kinda shiiit these boyz cook grin grin cool!! cool

which stupid clothing line?

Be truthful to urself, have u ever seen anyone wearing that rubbish??

Sound sultan has a clothing line too. . .and its doing well. . .so the idea of investing in clothing line caused him to lose a spot he never had is crap!!!

Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2010
Javalove shey na Java u dey face abi Music
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by Genuflect(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2010
Donpuzo:

LWKMD!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by javalove(m): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2010
Donpuzo:

LOL!!!!!. . .mad funny grin grin grin grin

na the two i dey face jare my broda. . .

Re: Ruggedman Reacts To Aq’s Calling Him Whack. by montelik(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2010
Donpuzo:

Joke of the day. LMAO grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIP Video [download]- Ice Prince / Music:wizkid Ft. Tinashe – Daddy Yo (remix) / Falz - This Is Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.