Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. (5674 Views)

Buhari At Campaign Rally For Bauchi South Senatorial Bye Election (More Photos) / APC Senators May Unseat Saraki Today - The Guardian / Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Ratello: 1:11am On Mar 01, 2019
His Excellency Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court.
Posted by admin
By Anayo M. Nwosu

The presidential elections seem to have been concluded and the winner announced but it is not yet over.

By rejecting the results and heading for court, Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s presidential candidate has extended the presidential contest which result could be in his favour.

This time around, only the judiciary, especially the justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria will “elect” or determine who shall become the substantive Nigeria’s president.

Nigerians should refresh their minds on how, the current chieftains of APC especially, Rotimi Amaechi dethroned Celestine Omehia in Rivers state, how Aregbesola replaced Prince Oyinlola in Osun state, and how Adams Oshiomhole had to take the governorship seat from Prof. Osunbor in Edo state.

The above named APC politicians achieved their electoral victories through the courts many months after the winners who they unseated became eventual losers, were sworn in. All these happened in the last 16 years when PDP was in power and had all apparatuses of power under their almpit.

I am sure that President Buhari and some leaders of APC have realised that there is a rattle snake in their presidential roof going by the judicial pronouncements in the cases of Oshiomhole versus Osunbor (Edo) and Aregbesola versus Oyinlola (Osun) where irrefutable proofs of rigging, noncompliance with electoral guidelines and proven cases of election violence would lead to a judicial cancellation of the resulted areas and recompute the valid votes and announce the winner.

PDP and some observers claim that the use of card readers in the south disinfranchised many voters while manual voting was allowed in the extreme north. The implications of such lapse in the use of card readers across board seem to have favoured the winners.

In his acceptance speech, Buhari had cautioned his supporters not to gloat and deride the losers even though Adams Oshiomhole would not hear of that. He has been gloating and ridiculing Saraki over his loss.

Buhari who is an experienced presidential election results contestant in court knows that the final verdict is yet to be given on his re-election bid. Anything is possible.

Shebi APC people call Atiku a thief? They will see his awesome skills in court.

With the vigilance of a thief, Atiku who had a prior knowledge of rigging plot against him wired his agents and undercover observers with secret cameras aided with satellite photography which were warehoused in the cloud out of reach of evidence destroyers.

Atiku had invested heavily in surveillance technology and has been able to record all the electoral malefesances committed in the areas where APC won the big numbers. He anticipated it and he was prepared for it. His evidence in court would be torture, painstaking and irrefutable. And he has good lawyers who had handled such cases before.

Atiku knows that our laws had been amended to allow deposition of electronic evidence and he will gleefully tend more than sufficient amount to prove his case to annul the votes in areas of interest. It would be an earthquake.

Has any of those gloating over Buhari’s victory even looked at the INEC’s electoral guideline that insisted that no vote would count unless the voter was accredited using a card reader?

Even though the Supreme Court had ruled that the use of card readers was unknown to the electoral act but INEC adhoc officers’ insistence on card readers usage in some areas and not using same in some areas where jumbo figures were recorded will make the honourable Justices decide to cancel the results in the areas affected in favour of equity and good conscience. If this happens Atiku would be announced the winner.

I expect Atiku’s legal team to keep it simple. I believe that they would select those states that gave Buhari upto 8million votes and apply for their invalidation based on incontrovertible evidence noncompliance with INEC’s guidelines

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157420714102841&id=595332840

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Iyajison: 1:19am On Mar 01, 2019
APC plans of rigging already showed up during the suspension of the former CJN........ They've already placed their own there... He (Tanko) will surely pass the judgement to favour his employer.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Ratello: 1:35am On Mar 01, 2019
Iyajison:
APC plans of rigging already showed up during the suspension of the former CJN........ They've already placed their own there... He (Tanko) will surely pass the judgement to favour his employer.
Wrong perception bro, 7 Justices make up the Supreme Court and for judgment to be finally passed at least 4 of these Senior Judges must assent to it which.makes the CJN ineffective here and besides, looking at the crop of SANs and top lawyers Atiku had already hired for this big case and the incriminating evidences at his disposal, Buhari stands no chance. Wait for it, May 29th, We shall have a new President!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by DUNKA(m): 1:40am On Mar 01, 2019
Keep on dreaming we have already moved to the next level cheesy grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by BabaRamota1980: 1:43am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:
His Excellency Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court.
Posted by admin
By Anayo M. Nwosu

The presidential elections seem to have been concluded and the winner announced but it is not yet over.

By rejecting the results and heading for court, Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s presidential candidate has extended the presidential contest which result could be in his favour.

This time around, only the judiciary, especially the justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria will “elect” or determine who shall become the substantive Nigeria’s president.

Nigerians should refresh their minds on how, the current chieftains of APC especially, Rotimi Amaechi dethroned Celestine Omehia in Rivers state, how Aregbesola replaced Prince Oyinlola in Osun state, and how Adams Oshiomhole had to take the governorship seat from Prof. Osunbor in Edo state.

The above named APC politicians achieved their electoral victories through the courts many months after the winners who they unseated became eventual losers, were sworn in. All these happened in the last 16 years when PDP was in power and had all apparatuses of power under their almpit.

I am sure that President Buhari and some leaders of APC have realised that there is a rattle snake in their presidential roof going by the judicial pronouncements in the cases of Oshiomhole versus Osunbor (Edo) and Aregbesola versus Oyinlola (Osun) where irrefutable proofs of rigging, noncompliance with electoral guidelines and proven cases of election violence would lead to a judicial cancellation of the resulted areas and recompute the valid votes and announce the winner.

PDP and some observers claim that the use of card readers in the south disinfranchised many voters while manual voting was allowed in the extreme north. The implications of such lapse in the use of card readers across board seem to have favoured the winners.

In his acceptance speech, Buhari had cautioned his supporters not to gloat and deride the losers even though Adams Oshiomhole would not hear of that. He has been gloating and ridiculing Saraki over his loss.

Buhari who is an experienced presidential election results contestant in court knows that the final verdict is yet to be given on his re-election bid. Anything is possible.

Shebi APC people call Atiku a thief? They will see his awesome skills in court.

With the vigilance of a thief, Atiku who had a prior knowledge of rigging plot against him wired his agents and undercover observers with secret cameras aided with satellite photography which were warehoused in the cloud out of reach of evidence destroyers.

Atiku had invested heavily in surveillance technology and has been able to record all the electoral malefesances committed in the areas where APC won the big numbers. He anticipated it and he was prepared for it. His evidence in court would be torture, painstaking and irrefutable. And he has good lawyers who had handled such cases before.

Atiku knows that our laws had been amended to allow deposition of electronic evidence and he will gleefully tend more than sufficient amount to prove his case to annul the votes in areas of interest. It would be an earthquake.

Has any of those gloating over Buhari’s victory even looked at the INEC’s electoral guideline that insisted that no vote would count unless the voter was accredited using a card reader?

Even though the Supreme Court had ruled that the use of card readers was unknown to the electoral act but INEC adhoc officers’ insistence on card readers usage in some areas and not using same in some areas where jumbo figures were recorded will make the honourable Justices decide to cancel the results in the areas affected in favour of equity and good conscience. If this happens Atiku would be announced the winner.

I expect Atiku’s legal team to keep it simple. I believe that they would select those states that gave Buhari upto 8million votes and apply for their invalidation based on incontrovertible evidence noncompliance with INEC’s guidelines

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157420714102841&id=595332840

The burden of proof is on Atiku to prove rigging occurred.

When you complain about a foul and penalty that gave victory to your opponent, it is not the opponent under scrutiny....it will be the referee.

Buhari has nothing to fear. APC is not the referee.

Good luck to Atiku.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by modath(f): 1:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello,

Stop smoking this thing, you won't hear. smiley

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by BabaRamota1980: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2019
modath:

Ratello,

Lol. grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by iammo(m): 1:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Lol, future impossible tense, highest he could get is several adjournment and finally a recount. Most supreme court justices knows buhari has International Financial Intelligence Unit in his back pocket, and wouldn't mind using it on them, besides every member of the election tribunal hand picked by tanko got. Their Intel with DSS.

Yaradua that decided to return several stolen mandates by non interference with judicial process paid dearly and I doubt buhari would to that line

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Ratello: 1:47am On Mar 01, 2019
modath:

Ratello,

I am sure this news is already making you to shiver as events unfold in the not too far distance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by seunlayi(m): 1:49am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

Wrong perception bro, 7 Justices make up the Supreme Court and for judgment to be finally passed at least 4 of these Senior Judges must assent to it which.makes the CJN ineffective here and besides, looking at the crop of SANs and top lawyers Atiku had already hired for this big case and the incriminating evidences at his disposal, Buhari stands no chance. Wait for it, May 29th, We shall have a new President!

Thank you

Je vous remercie

شكرا

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by modath(f): 1:55am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

Lemme add this to the compilation of "Ratello: The Delusional"..

Ratello:

I am sure this news is already making you to shiver as events unfold in the not too far distance.

Clown cheesy

Your Klepto god is stylishly begging for unfreezing of accounts, is he that broke yet? When Intels leprous & sticky fingers are removed from port revenue, he will go finally berserk. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku may have a case but Nigeria judiciary may not have grown such balls to remove a sitting President through its tribunal.

If such will ever happen, then the new CJN may likely be the first to do it because the way I look at former CJN Onoghenen, he doesn't have such balls. Buhari may have shot himself in the leg by appointing that dude as CJN, he looks incoercible to me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 01, 2019
Truth is da guy appeared too desperate. He didn't give a break for over a decade. Spending looted funds Year in year out without break contesting for Nigeria president, SUG president, Biafra Vice President to Nnamdi Kanu.

He should try Cameroon since dem no allow him for naija na. No be by force

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Dannyset(m): 5:16am On Mar 01, 2019
Yen yen yen. grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by helinues: 5:18am On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku can't win at the tribunal cos Pdp rigged as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by mohims(m): 5:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Keep dreaming. Even if the judge is Fayose or Secondus, I swear if will not happen. Atiku and PDP are finished for life.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Mynd44: 5:48am On Mar 01, 2019
Nigerians are too ignorant of their own country and laws.

The court cannot decide the winners of election anymore. The senate made sure of that.

The worst the court can do is cancel the election in areas that have issues and order a re-run there so smack, you are back to elections.

Then again, anyone who actually thinks Atiku won that election needs to reevaluate his/her thinking process

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by MyMouth(m): 5:50am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

What many of u piglets don't understand is that, what is call "national interest" is always considered in a case like this. The supreme court could NEVER annul a presidential election in Nigeria (atleast not now) no matter the level of rigging, they first of all consider the implication on the country. National interest first! Moreover, this election is free and fair to a very large extent !

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:55am On Mar 01, 2019
OP, did you mean the Supreme Court will declare Atiku "winner" of the just concluded Presidential elections? There are too many jokers on Nairaland!

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by MyMouth(m): 5:56am On Mar 01, 2019
Mynd44:
Nigerians are too ignorant of their own country and laws.

The court cannot decide the winners of election anymore. The senate made sure of that.

The worst the court can do is cancel the election in areas that have issues and order a re-run there so smack, you are back to elections.

Then again, anyone who actually thinks Atiku won that election needs to reevaluate his/her thinking process
Ggam! Gone are the days politicians gets sits through the courts, now its impossible! And I bet u, if elections are conducted in those disputed areas(yobe, borno) hundred times, Buhari would still win with even higher margin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by danot1030: 6:03am On Mar 01, 2019
Online warriors have started again.

They never come to terms with realities but are full of self made theories.

Op maybe you should be the judge that will decide the case at the supreme court to enable Atiku unseat Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Soulsymbol99: 6:51am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

Of the seven justices, I know Atiku automatically has the support of two (the man from Ebonyi and Peter Odili's wife) and this two can convince @least two more colleagues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by ichidodo: 6:54am On Mar 01, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 01, 2019
I wished it will be possible

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Biggty(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2019
He will unseat the President through the Supreme Court of Cameroon or that of Ipod

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by hakimi1974(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

I'm wishing on a star
To follow where you are
I'm wishing on a dream
To follow what it means

I'm wishing on a star
To follow where you are
I'm wishing on a dream
To follow what it means

And I wish on all the rainbows that I see
I wish on all the people who really dream
And I'm wishing on tomorrow, praying it'll come
And I'm wishing on all the lovin' we've ever done

I never thought I'd see
A time when you would be
So far away from home
So far away from me

wake up from your slumber. we are heading to the next level.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by rapid101(m): 8:24am On Mar 01, 2019
Ratello:

I no buhari ll not be president more dan may 29

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by senatordave1(m): 8:32am On Mar 01, 2019
rapid101:
I no buhari ll not be president more dan may 29
Are you dreaming ?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by senatordave1(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2019
Op,when would you and your likes learn? Originally,you wrote several epistles on how buhari will lose,now you are writing another jargon.dont you get tired ?
Anyway let me oblige you small.the court cant declare a winner but can only cancel the elections partially or totally.for atiku to make headway,he needs substantial evidence in at least 70000 polling units out of the 120,000 polling units.this will be impossible because highest he can provide will be 5000.again,if the 2007 polls were never canceled,then no way.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Gandollar(f): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

The burden of proof is on Atiku to prove rigging occurred.

When you complain about a foul and penalty that gave victory to your opponent, it is not the opponent under scrutiny....it will be the referee.

Buhari has nothing to fear. APC is not the referee.

Good luck to Atiku.
Is this you? Where are the usual insults and masturbating?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Could Still Unseat President Buhari At The Supreme Court. by Gandollar(f): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:
Op,when would you and your likes learn? Originally,you wrote several epistles on how buhari will lose,now you are writing another jargon.dont you get tired ?
Anyway let me oblige you small.the court cant declare a winner but can only cancel the elections partially or totally.for atiku to make headway,he needs substantial evidence in at least 70000 polling units out of the 120,000 polling units.this will be impossible because highest he can provide will be 5000.again,if the 2007 polls were never canceled,then no way.
My son, have you seen Obong Akpabio of late?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RUGA: The Only Tribe Fulani Fear In Nigeria Is Igbo / Rituals: My Mother And I Killed My Brother – Yahoo Boy / Uwazurike Held Nnamdi Kanu Captive For 5days(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.