Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive (4731 Views)

29-Year-Old Akarachi Amadi Wins Imo House Of Reps Election / Benue Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive / Plateau State Election Declared Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Marvin67: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2019
UPDATE ON THE AJEROMI IFELODUN HOUSE OF REPS DEBACLE:

Yesterday evening at the Commission's headquarters in Yaba, the parties' representatives were briefed on the latest development. The Commission explained that the election has been declared inconclusive due to various electoral malpractices in some units which culminated in the election cancelled in some units across four wards namely: Mosafejo, Ojo Road, Olodi and Awodiora.

In all, election will be rescheduled in 24 units; 18 in Mosafejo, three in Awodiora, two in Ojo Road and one in Olodi. The Commission said the rerun poll will hold within 29 days as stipulated by the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) and a date within that time frame will be communicated to all parties involved.

Also according to the Commission, the PDP candidate, Rita Orji leads 31,982 votes judging by the already collated results of seven wards followed closely by the APC flag bearer, HKT with 28,758 votes.

Total number of registered voters in the affected units stand at over 15,000.

This comes days after there was jubilation in the area that Rita Orji of PDP had been declared winner .

https://www.donbabagist.com.ng/2019/02/update-ajeromi-ifelodun-house-of-reps.html?m=1

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Zanas: 8:10am On Mar 01, 2019
Inconclusive has become the latest INEC rigging strategy
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Johnson9646: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2019
Please read below it
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by SlayerForever: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2019
Immediately I saw a Rita Orji winning in a Yoruba state I knew someone from the West will come here to say Ignore candidates should not be on the ballot. I just knew it! And who else will it be than one of politics section resident clowns Viergeacher.

Nigeria remains a shithole heading for the next level.

1 Like

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by nzeobi(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2019
you declare the winner and later you reverse yourself.
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by garetz: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2019
PDP won it, they want to rig it
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Donelli: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2019
Yet the presidential election was not declared inconclusive with all the cancelled polling units across the country

Can these people, at least, try not to make us look like 1diots in the eyes of the rest of humanity undecided
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Biety: 9:05am On Mar 01, 2019
Rita orji contesting political post with Akolawole in Yorubaland.
It is well!
The earlier we wake up the quicker we'll be able to safeguard the future of our unborn generation in lagos and other SW states.

2 Likes

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2019
Biety:
It is well!
The earlier we wake up the quicker we'll be able to safeguard the future of our unborn generation in lagos and other SW states.
some of you are just deluded. Even when no Yoruba man is living there you will still want to nominate someone from Bourdillion to speak for them. That place is 75% igbos dominated. And I don't see any bad thing if they vote in an igbo to be their speaker. That's survival ...stop fighting with hate. Even haausa do come out for post in area dominated by them in enugu and Ebonyi. If they have the numbers to win let them win. Politics is about numbers and not about who are indigines of the land. Even Apc gave igbos ticket .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Mayor08: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Biety:
It is well!
You are right..this has to stop....doing what an anambra man can't do in imo
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by kcnwaigbo: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Mayor08:

You are right..this has to stop..she will lose and will be sent back to her state...doing what an anambra man can't do in imo
She has already won

1 Like

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Mayor08: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

She has already won
Okay..I just confirmed
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by ThothHermes: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Mayor08:

She's the incumbent
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by ThothHermes: 9:46am On Mar 01, 2019
SlayerForever:
Immediately I saw a Rita Orji winning in a Yoruba state I knew someone from the West will come here to say Ignore candidates should not be on the ballot. I just knew it! And who else will it be than one of politics section resident clowns Viergeacher.

Nigeria remains a shithole heading for the next level.
She's the incumbent
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by StOla: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2019
Mayor08:

This is exactly the problem I have with such liberalism. I really do not care if a non-Yoruba wins political office in Yoruba land, but the Igbos are too ethnocentric and clannish to allow a non-indigene thrive outside of his ancestral hamlet.

Case in point, Alex Otti of APGA was reminded that he is not truly Ngwa during the 2015 Abia State gubernatorial election, despite his family having been long established there.

The non-electoral instances are even too numerous to mention, but notable ones include:

-Abia state vs Anambra state civil service employment terminations.
-Catholic Bishop rejection in Imo state.
-Anambra vs Ebonyi road renaming uproar.

What is not allowed in Igboland, must never be enjoyed by Igbos outside of their region.

Not until they learn to be accommodating themselves. Charity must begin at home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Mayor08: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2019
ThothHermes:
She's the incumbent
I know, I just went through a thread were an Hausa man contested for the the position of councillor, if you see how Igbo's were calling Enugu people all sort of names..threatening to stone in and asking him to go back to the north
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by ThothHermes: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2019
Mayor08:

I know, I just went through a thread were an Hausa man contested for the the position of councillor, if you see how Igbo's were calling Enugu people all sort of names..threatening to stone in and asking him to go back to the north
As much as I hate all forms of tribalism I can't help but agree. Igbos are unlikely to agree to such in their place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by famouscargo4u: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2019
EMMAUGOH:
some of you are just deluded. Even when no Yoruba man is living there you will still want to nominate someone from Bourdillion to speak for them. That place is 75% igbos dominated. And I don't see any bad thing if they vote in an igbo to be their speaker. That's survival ...stop fighting with hate. Even haausa do come out for post in area dominated by them in enugu and Ebonyi. If they have the numbers to win let them win. Politics is about numbers and not about who are indigines of the land. Even Apc gave igbos ticket .
who told you it is 75% Igbo. It has more south southern people than the igbos though they are both PDP sympathisers. All in all, i don't see APC winning this if free and fair poll is conducted unless if there is än invisible hand"
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by BuhariAdvocate: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

She has already won
they said its inconclusive you are saying she has already won.
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Biety: 10:05am On Mar 01, 2019
EMMAUGOH:
Let me state this, Ajeromi is not 75% Ibos as you eroneously put up there,it's one of the local govt Ibos populated by at least 95%.
Ibos people are every where in the North as much as you are in SW , yet you dare not drag political posts with the hausas in their land because you know the consequences of doing such.
Why do you think Ibos always run away from the North during election period and return to continue doing busines after the hausas might have apointed the candidate of their choice?
What you people can't do in North ,you do it here and get away with it. With your number in the North, you can't influence their politics but in SW you think you deserve equal previlege with yorubas. There are areas in lagos that the hausas are more than the yorubas yet they know there boundary,they never drag anything with us. It's time to let you people know you are crossing the red line.

4 Likes

Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2019
famouscargo4u:
who told you it is 75% Igbo. It has more south southern people than the igbos though they are both PDP sympathisers. All in all, i don't see APC winning this if free and fair poll is conducted unless if there is än invisible hand"
better... It seems anything anything PDP now looks like anti-yorouba just because Timubu is an APc member
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by famouscargo4u: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=famouscargo4u post=76243262] who told you it is 75% Igbo? It has south southern people than the igbos though they are both PDP sympathisers. All in all, I see APC winning this because Mosafejo has high predominantly Yoruba population and it is responsible for about 80% population voters in the re-run. Yoruba is still the majority.
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2019
Biety:

Let me state this, Ajeromi is not 75% Ibos as you eroneously put up there,it's one of the local govt Ibos populated by at least 95%.
Ibos people are every where in the North as much as you are in SW , yet you dare not drag political posts with the hausas in their land because you know the consequences of doing such.
Why do you think Ibos always run away from the North during election period and return to continue doing busines after the hausas might have apointed the candidate of their choice?
What you people can't do in North ,you do it here and get away with it. With your number in the North, you can't influence their politics but in SW you think you deserve equal previlege with yorubas. There are areas in lagos that the hausas are more than the yorubas yet they know there boundary,they never drag anything with us.Time will tell if we'll allow you have it all in our region.

South is South.. North is North . As far South is concerned we all have equal priveledge here same way a Northern cannot cross boundary to Southern to do anything so we here in the South cant do such to them. But South West think they are the annointed people of the South.
We are all surviving here in the South same way the Notherners are facing the own demon .

Stop thinking that any property acquired by any southerners in the South West will be lost over night. If fight breaks Out in Southern Nigeria, Notherners will not interverne, same way we can't interverne with same happening in Kaduna, Benue.

And for your notice, take away an igbo man source of survival, you will see he is not different from a Babaric Hausa man.
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by AnambraforPeter: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2019
EMMAUGOH:
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Biety: 10:49am On Mar 01, 2019
EMMAUGOH:

South is South.. North is North . As far South is concerned we all have equal priveledge here same way a Northern cannot cross boundary to Southern to do anything so we here in the South cant do such to them. But South West think they are the annointed people of the South.
We are all surviving here in the South same way the Notherners are facing the own demon .

Stop thinking that any property acquired by any southerners in the South West will be lost over night. If fight breaks Out in Southern Nigeria, Notherners will not interverne, same way we can't interverne with same happening in Kaduna, Benue.

And for your notice, take away an igbo man source of survival, you will see he is not different from a Babaric Hausa man.
Even Imo indigenes residing and working in Anambra are not enjoying equal bnenefit wih the indegenes,same thing with your people living in SS,especially PH.
Sons of the soil dictate things and setlers have to cooperate to avoid confrontation. It's ilogocal to say every southerner from another region should benefit equally with yorubas in SW,this happenes no where all over the world. You can do your business and thrive as much as you desire in lagos,but stay away from lagos politics.
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Donice01: 11:05am On Mar 01, 2019
How elections were rigged.. click the subscribe button for updates..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpOaUn2z1s
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Biety:

Even Imo indigenes residing and working in Anambra are not enjoying equal bnenefit wih the indegenes,same thing with your people living in SS,especially PH.
Sons of the soil dictate things and setlers have to cooperate to avoid confrontation. It's ilogocal to say every southerner from another region should benefit equally with yorubas in SW,this happenes no where all over the world. You can do your business and thrive as much as you desire in lagos,but stay away from lagos politics.
where u guys saying this last 20yrs Ago or 50yrs ago. Even the whole Kirikiri was owned by Ibru family. Lekki and VI was CO owned by industrialist which are no yoroubas, all of a sudden since Tinubu leadership began this call for yoroubas to claim Lagos began. Same gave way for consciousness of migrant in Lagos to also have their say. Before nobody was complaining . Have u seen any southerners contest election in Ogun state . Lagos still remains the only state that has equal number of tribe in Nigeria settled inside. Any call to deny any Nigerian their right in Lagos will meet stiff resistance till Nigeria divides.

Hausa is coming, their population doubled in the last 4yrs and will triple in another 4. They are not coming with economic expansion but military and religion expansion..wait for it ..nxt 10yrs u and I will see what we have done to our selves
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by AfonjaConehead: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
StOla:

This is exactly the problem I have with such liberalism. I really do not care if a non-Yoruba wins political office in Yoruba land, but the Igbos are too ethnocentric and clannish to allow a non-indigene thrive outside of his ancestral hamlet.

Case in point, Alex Otti of APGA was reminded that he is not truly Ngwa during the 2015 Abia State gubernatorial election, despite his family having been long established there.

The non-electoral instances are even too numerous to mention, but notable ones include:

-Abia state vs Anambra state civil service employment terminations.
-Catholic Bishop rejection in Imo state.
-Anambra vs Ebonyi road renaming uproar.

What is not allowed in Igboland, must never be enjoyed by Igbos outside of their region.

Not until they learn to be accommodating themselves. Charity must begin at home.

Jobless minister of Igbo affairs,L for Lagoon,T for Transformer
grin grin grin
Re: Ajeromi Ifelodun House Of Reps Election Declared Inconclusive by agabusta: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2019
Donelli:
Yet the presidential election was not declared inconclusive with all the cancelled polling units across the country

Can these people, at least, try not to make us look like 1diots in the eyes of the rest of humanity undecided

Familiarise yourself with the reasons INEC declares an election inconclusive before making a fool of yourself in public.

Once the margin of victory between contestants is lower than the total number of registered voters in areas where cancellations were carried out, the election will be declared inconclusive and a rerun carried out in those places where there were cancellations.

If the margin of victory is higher than the total number of registered voters for areas where votes were cancelled, INEC has a legal obligation to make a return and declare a winner.

If INEC makes a return and declare a winner before this condition is met, the courts will upturn such an election. And INEC has to conduct another election with the attendant financial, time and human resources cost. Is that what you want??

The margin of victory in the presidential election was higher than the registered voters in all the places where cancellations were carried out, hence, no need for a return.

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Messed With The Wrong Governor Nasir Rufai Tweets / Have Noticed The Sudden Disappearance Of Murderous Fulani Herdsmen In SouthEast? / Peter Obi Campaign Mats Is Not For Muslim Prayer But For Sleeping (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.