Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? (992 Views)

Ways To Make Your Website More Visible On Google / How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed / 5 Things To Do To Make Your Website More Visible To Your Target Audience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by CHARLOE(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2019
Good day house, can some1 pls explain to me how to make my Website visible On the Internet after designing it? I did the design online using a free wordpress theme, used whogohost for my domain name & hosting. U can view d site here: www.digipix.com.ng/wp How can i view it without adding /wp?
Thanx for ur kind assistance. @ naijaflexy, iyenimofe, macho44 etc
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by damickey(m): 8:45am On Mar 01, 2019
You need to move the site to the root directory. You installed your wordpress on wp directory, thats why you must add /wp to see your site. whatsaapp me, 08039422997
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by hahn(m): 8:47am On Mar 01, 2019
The /wp issue was in your initial wordpress installation from your cpanel. You will have to uninstall and reinstall WordPress without the /wp in the settings.

It seems you are a newbie. Simply slow down and take your time to read through the installation form.

Install an Seo plugin, I use The Seo framework, and follow the installation instructions. It will guide you through the process of verifying your site on google, creating your analytics account etc.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by CHARLOE(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2019
damickey:
You need to move the site to the root directory. You installed your wordpress on wp directory, thats why you must add /wp to see your site. whatsaapp me, 08039422997
Thanx
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by hostkobo(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2019
CHARLOE:
Good day house, can some1 pls explain to me how to make my Website visible On the Internet after designing it? I did the design online using a free wordpress theme, used whogohost for my domain name & hosting. U can view d site here: www.digipix.com.ng/wp How can i view it without adding /wp?
Thanx for ur kind assistance. @ naijaflexy, iyenimofe, macho44 etc

Hi,

While installing wordpress, you installed it in a directory named "wp". If you had installed it in a directory named 'charlie', the site will be accessible via the url www.digipix.com.ng/charlie/

First: On wordpress admin, Go to Settings > General and remove the subdirectory from the URL for both the WordPress Address and Site Address. Be sure to remove the trailing / . Both addresses should simply end with .com.ng(as per your domain name)
Click to save changes.

Second - now, login to cpanel, move all files from your /wp to your root(public_html)

Third: Login to your wordpress admin, Go to Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes. This will rewrite your .htaccess file to remove the
subdirectory from the page URLs.

You can use this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/) to update all your URLs.

thats all
regards
HK

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by CHARLOE(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2019
hahn:
The /wp issue was in your initial wordpress installation from your cpanel. You will have to uninstall and reinstall WordPress without the /wp in the settings.

It seems you are a newbie. Simply slow down and take your time to read through the installation form.

Install an Seo plugin, I use The Seo framework, and follow the installation instructions. It will guide you through the process of verifying your site on google, creating your analytics account etc.
Plz how do i install wordpress in cpanel without /wp in d settings?
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by hahn(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2019
CHARLOE:

Plz how do i install wordpress in cpanel without /wp in d settings?

It is on the installation form. Just remove the wp. I don't have a screenshot
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by macho44(m): 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
hostkobo:

Hi,

While installing wordpress, you installed it in a directory named "wp". If you had installed it in a directory named 'charlie', the site will be accessible via the url www.digipix.com.ng/charlie/

First: On wordpress admin, Go to Settings > General and remove the subdirectory from the URL for both the WordPress Address and Site Address. Be sure to remove the trailing / . Both addresses should simply end with .com.ng(as per your domain name)
Click to save changes.

Second - now, login to cpanel, move all files from your /wp to your root(public_html)

Third: Login to your wordpress admin, Go to Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes. This will rewrite your .htaccess file to remove the

You can use this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/) to update all your URLs.

thats all
regards
HK
RESPECTS!!!!!!
Re: How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? by CHARLOE(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2019
hostkobo:

Hi,

Click to save changes.

thats all
regards
HK
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Will Teach You All These With Wordpress. Location: Port Harcourt. / Can I Verify My Adsense Using Voter Card / Thekclaut.com and Likes.ng are Fraudulent Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.