Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections (1139 Views)

See The Most Tactful Question So Far In The Current Ministerial Screening! / See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / Election Result So Far In Kogi State - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by McDoe(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, the elections has come and it is almost gone except, as expected, there will be post election litigations. One person who cannot be forgotten in a hurry is the INEC Chairman, Prof. Maurice Iwu. He claimed that the elections were 80% successful. If you would want to score him, how truthful is his claim and his performance so far
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by Pain(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2007
Iwu Just Had To Do What He Had To Do.

Become Partisan And Pick The Best Of Three Evils.

This Is Africa And He Did A Good Job. Some Of Us Will Only Understand In Some Years To Come. That This Was Part Of The Revolution,

Its Just Baba Iyabos Version For A Peculiar Nation. This Is Not Ukraine.

Can Someone Please Pass This Info To Pat Utomi For Me? :

Please Go Back To Your Classroom and Theorize.

No One Is Going To Spill His Blood For You. Maybe "Ink" But Not My Blood.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by alabiyemmy(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2007
can you prove beyond all doubts that Iwu was partisan?
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by Pain(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2007
Nothing Has Been Proven Beyond Doubt Yet.

Not Even Existence.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by McDoe(m): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2007
pain, u have made good observations. To me, Prof. Iwu has compromised so greatly, and it shouldn't have been so. Now the opposition are calling for his removal. If at all he is removed, will it be healthy for democracy in this country; or we should just allow him to stay and conduct subsequent elections having in mind that he would learn from his experience. I score him -80% anyway
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by alabiyemmy(m): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2007
how do you expect a man to print 65million voting cards within two days and distribute that same number of voting cards all over the country within that same number of days? I think the supreme court judgement made a mess of the whole process.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by con9ja: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
I would have scored him btw 50 and 60% but for the latest news in ondo state where pdp won a senatorial seat but did not field a candidate, how on earth do you explain that,

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article03
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2007
This election is the worst in the history of Nigeria. Protests everywhere. Candidate disqualification, Ballot papers have not arrived the centers as at 5 in the evening, People having to vote with Lanterns, A lot of prominent Nigerians including the Senate president attested to this Even a trailer load of ballot papers already thumbprinted for PDP was caught in Kaduna Thursday before the election so in which area did he do well. Foreign observers labelled the election as being below standard. To me he scored 15%
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by McDoe(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2007
con9ja:

I would have scored him between 50 and 60% but for the latest news in ondo state where pdp won a senatorial seat but did not field a candidate, how on earth do you explain that,

This will remain an unresolved mystery. This could be the practice in other places of the country
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2007
20% for Iwu
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
20% for Iwu
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2007
Iwu was almost correct when he says he scored 80%. Actually I think it is slightly above that, say like 90 or 95%. Considering what he went through to make sure that Chris Ngige of Anambra State did not contest, considring the fact that there were no elections in Anambra State, yet Andy Uba and his PDP won!

Considering that the PDP lost only a few states and that PDP won the Presidential polls in a manner suitable only in the comics, I think the guy deserves a part on the back from those he worked for: OBJ and his PDP.

There is no point scoring IWU, he did not work for the people, he did not work for the nation. He worked for his employers, OBJ, the Ubas and the PDP evil machinary.

It is a pity that a good guy like Yaradua will be caught riding a stolen horse, but then its his choice. He reserves the right to say no.

Please, does anyone have Tom and Jerry? I normally prefer it to this fiction called 2007 election.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by amodiaquin: 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2007
Zero is too much for him.He has failed woefully.He has no iota of credibility left, oooppps, my personal opinion.Anyway,you cant really blame him, he served the purpose his Oga's put him there for
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by dayokanu(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2007
Imagine that the Senate President could not vote, Vice presidential candidate of ANPP, Chief Ume-Ezeoke, could not vote; Presidential candidate of APGA, Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, could not vote.
If these leaders were not able to exercise their civic rights, what do we say of the ordinary people, who are in their millions?
But Minister of Information, Mr. Frank Nweke, claimed that the election was successful, to which Chief Ken Nnamanni responded, in his characteristic mature manner, by telling him (Information Minister) to find out if his father, a traditional ruler in Enugu State, was able to cast his vote.
So if you have an election where majority of the people were disenfranchised, deliberately and fraudulently, you go on air praising the exercise.

In Ondo and Edo States, while collating of the results was in progress, Mr. Philip Umeadi Jnr. Was already announcing the results in Abuja, to the colossal embarrassment of the Resident Electoral Commissioners in those states.
Now in Ogun State, President Olusegun Obasanjo lost his ward to the ANPP.
In Ekiti, the AC recorded 14 seats in the 26-member House of Assembly. Two seats were not declared. PDP won six, ANPP recorded three and so on. We understand that the PDP has now appropriated those two earlier undeclared seats to itself.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by McDoe(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2007
Hear Iwu again, "The Elections were quite free and fair". don't u think this man is up to something?
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by GeeCee(m): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2007
McDoe:

Hear Iwu again, "The Elections were quite free and fair". don't u think this man is up to something?

What else could the man be up to? He has done what exactly his scripts required of him.
I only wish the western world will yield to Soyinka's request by denying him entrance into their countries; the man should be made to hang on in the country and see the effects of his (in)actions.
Stupid professor!
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2007
i score him (-10%). the man is a f-king slowpoke and shameless to boot. he has successfully implemented the most fraud-ridden election ever in this country, and history will judge him very harshly as a man completely bereft of integrity.

the yorubas say 'a good name is more precious than silver or gold'

wonder whether there was any clause written into his contract that prevented him from resigning when he knew he couldnt do a tiidy job? seeing as INEC has been a cesspit of corruption right from the day he took on the job.
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by SEA(m): 2:02am On May 05, 2007
That guy called Iwu should be hanged and nothing else.I'll score him 2.5%
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by McDoe(m): 9:05am On May 15, 2007
SEA, That will be an extreme punishment. Let him just face the courts of the land and punished if found guilty. But i think hanging should be out of it completely
Re: Let Us Score Prof. Iwu's Performance So Far In The Elections by angel101(f): 10:03am On May 15, 2007
alabiyemmy:

how do you expect a man to print 65million voting cards within two days and distribute that same number of voting cards all over the country within that same number of days? I think the supreme court judgement made a mess of the whole process.

i rather think OBJ made a mess of the process and set it up to look like the supreme court did. if he had not mischieviously declared 2 days public holidays uneccessarily, the court would have passed judgement in good enough time to get the cards printed. in anycase, is there any reason y they ballot papers had to be printed in SA?

i will score IWU -99% he is a total disgrace. he could at least have made it slightly believable.

(1) (Reply)

Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! / ONYEKA ANDREW: Abuja’s Most Stylish Society Lady / Jonathan Is Afraid - Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.