Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

If You Can Only Feed Once A Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Can Only Feed Once A Day (8031 Views)

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth / A Day I Will Never Forget In My Life / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
The best time to eat is 6 o clock in the evening

As someone who has been eating once a day not because I want to but because I'm broke I find that eating at that time is the best. I don't know why that works but I've tried eating at all possible times and I find that when I eat at six it can sustain me till the next day If one meal is all I've got

I just thought I should throw it out there incase anyone is trying to figure that perfect time for that one meal

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Apus: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
I pray that your situation gets better. U are suffering bro
but never you adopt this mindset.

15 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
...and yet OP will claim he’s a millionaire if the thread calls for it.
Lol. Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by lilmax(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
imagine, this is for people planning to go broke in the future

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by ogawisdom(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2019
Good tip to survive next level angry

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
meobizy:
...and yet OP will claim he’s a millionaire if the thread calls for it.
Lol. Nairaland.

Please sir educate me

Where did I post that I was a millionaire? Did that happen in some alternate reality or are you mistaken about my identity?

Me wey never chop 3 times a day since this year? Haba fear God o
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
lilmax:
imagine, this is for people planning to go broke in the future

Nobody plans to go broke but sometimes shit happens and you find yourself in such situations

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Apus:
I pray that your situation gets better. U are suffering bro
but never you adopt this mindset.

What mindset? Accepting things as they are while hoping for better days?

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Tyche(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2019
As a weight loss procedure, I adopted a popular system I came across online, the warrior system or OMAD , One Meal A Day, and it has helped me keep trim and sharp, eliminating my one pack grin in the process. This was achieved after I rigorously followed it for 52 days. Before now, even my stationary bike and threadmill couldn't epp me grin , maybe because of inconsistency.

Consequently, I have adopted it as a lifestyle, though there's the occasional breaking of the rule, but I thank the Lord for the day I came across it. Most weekends, I eat and drink without limit but I revert to my OMAD as the week day kicks in.

So my dear Op, I urge you to stick to it as a principle even as your fortune improves, especially if your work involves llittle movement throughout the day, it's a healthy lifestyle. Most of the things we eat are just overloading the system and excess to requirement anyway.

9 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:
The best time to eat is 6 o clock in the evening

As someone who has been eating once a day not because I want to but because I'm broke I find that eating at that time is the best. I don't know why that works but I've tried eating at all possible times and I find that when I eat at six it can sustain me till the next day If one meal is all I've got

I just thought I should throw it out there incase anyone is trying to figure that perfect time for that one meal

Things will get better if you go out to work as opposed to staying online playing demo/dummy forex.

I loooooove food so much and can't imagine life without chop chop and so I work hard so I can afford good life, good food.

Dreaming, theories or dry hopes never fill a hungry stomache, food via work does.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
ifyalways:

Things will get better if you go out to work as opposed to staying online playing demo/dummy forex.

I loooooove food so much and can't imagine life without chop chop and so I work hard so I can afford good life, good food.

Dreaming, theories or dry hopes never fill a hungry stomache, food via work does.

How can you work when there are no jobs? Why do you think I started looking towards online business? Are we not in this same Nigeria aka poverty capital of the world?

How can you even get the energy to go the distance when you are hungry all the time

Even if I get a job it's definitely gonna be outside my area so where would I get transport money everyday till I get paid when I can't even afford 3 meals daily?

There are several levels of being broke and I am at the worst level, you can't even begin to imagine what I'm going through right now

The difference between me and those beggars you see on the street is that I don't go out standing on the street to beg and I have a roof over my head for now.

The other thing is me having the knowledge to actually make good money now but do not have the financial capability to kick start any of them.

If I could take a loan I would but who go give me?

U no go understand ify

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:

Please sir educate me

Where did I post that I was a millionaire? Did that happen in some alternate reality or are you mistaken about my identity?

Me wey never chop 3 times a day since this year? Haba fear God o
What is the cause of your predicament?
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Tyche:
As a weight loss procedure, I adopted a popular system I came across online, the warrior system or OMAD , One Meal A Day, and it has helped me keep trim and sharp, eliminating my one pack grin in the process. This was achieved after I rigorously followed it for 52 days. Before now, even my stationary bike and threadmill couldn't epp me grin , maybe because of inconsistency.

Consequently, I have adopted it as a lifestyle, though there's the occasional breaking of the rule, but I thank the Lord for the day I came across it. Most weekends, I eat and drink without limit but I revert to my OMAD as the week day kicks in.

So my dear Op, I urge you to stick to it as a principle even as your fortune improves, especially if your work involves llittle movement throughout the day, it's a healthy lifestyle. Most of the things we eat are just overloading the system and excess to requirement anyway.

But you do it because you want to. For me I got no choice

There are sometimes when I want to eat more than once but I can't and I sleep with a hungry stomache... it's not easy as I wake up feeling weak and depressed

Even before now I was already slim and now I'm getting slimmer. That's not what I would call a healthy lifestyle but it's not like I have a choice
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Tyche(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:

But you do it because you want to. For me I got no choice

There are sometimes when I want to eat more than once but I can't and I sleep with a hungry stomache... it's not easy as I wake up feeling weak and depressed

Even before now I was already slim and now I'm getting slimmer. That's not what I would call a healthy lifestyle but it's not like I have a choice

I tell you something bro, the weakness and depression are purely psychological and has nothing to do with food. You need to toughen up mentally.

May good luck shine on your path now and always

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
meobizy:

What is the cause of your predicament?

In summary

Made some money working hard, lost my job. Decided to invest it after recommendations from some friends. It turned out bad as I lost it all. Got broke

Initially I was hoping to save enough to sponsor my music career (which is the only reason I am still optimistic about the future) because I believe so much in my talent but after the loss of my job I was looking for another stream of income and that failed investment led me to this situation

I've learnt a whole lot through these hard times about finance and life as a whole and I know someday all these suffering will come to an end

There has to be light at the end of tunnel right? I really hope it comes soon though cos honestly am tired and happiness is something that feels alien to me

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
Tyche:

I tell you something bro, the weakness and depression are purely psychological and has nothing to do with food. You need to toughen up mentally.

May good luck shine on your path now and always

It's not just hunger that gets me depressed

It's my entire life as a whole ,the uncertainty of the future, not being able to help my family financially, I feel like a huge underacheiver

All these are pilling up to cause depression
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:

In summary

Made some money working hard, lost my job. Decided to invest it after recommendations from some friends. It turned out bad as I lost it all. Got broke

Initially I was hoping to save enough to sponsor my music career (which is the only reason I am still optimistic about the future) because I believe so much in my talent but after the loss of my job I was looking for another stream of income and that failed investment led me to this situation

I've learnt a whole lot through these hard times about finance and life as a whole and I know someday all these suffering will come to an end

There has to be light at the end of tunnel right? I really hope it comes soon though cos honestly am tired and happiness is something that feels alien to me
Are you based in Port Harcourt?
Will you perform menial labour if offered the opportunity?

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:

It's not just hunger that gets me depressed

It's my entire life as a whole ,the uncertainty of the future, not being able to help my family financially, I feel like a huge underacheiver

All these are pilling up to cause depression
If you breathe oxygen there is no cause for depression.
You’re only catching depression because you made a mistake with finances.
Once you make any small amount of money that depression you are facing now will guide you on how not to waste it frivolously.
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
meobizy:

Are you based in Port Harcourt?
Will you perform menial labour if offered the opportunity?

I'm based in lag bro and If a job can at least feed me till I get paid I don't mind

I basically just have like 250 naira only In my possession and if I don't find a way to raise money or get help from a good Samaritan the next two days then a full day of hunger awaits me

So why wouldn't I be depressed about my life?

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
Iykesmooth:

I'm based in lag bro and If a job can at least feed me till I get paid I don't mind

I basically just have like 250 naira only In my possession and if I don't find a way to raise money or get help from a good Samaritan the next two days then a full day of hunger awaits me

So why wouldn't I be depressed about my life?
Well sorry for that.
If you were in PH I might have hooked you up with ongoing construction work.
You go lift blocks o, but at least you'll get money to eat twice or thrice daily.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by abimbola74(m): 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hmmmm.... embarassed ..I swear people are going through a lot. U go dey alright las las bro,u will read though this thread one day nd b like " I b mumu shaa,shouldn't have put this up here had it bn I knw everytn go dey alright". Man up bro ,go out there nd do whatever that can make u have something in ur stomach.

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
From the time you wake up until 6pm, you don't eat anything at all? As in nothing? Not even a piece of fruit (an apple, a pear, etc)?
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Tyche:

I would like to try this but it seems hard because I love food and sometimes eat 4 times a day. OMAD sounds similar to fasting ( also good for weight loss ). For fasting, you eat your first meal at noon (12pm), dinner at 6/7pm, then you don't eat anything else till noon the next day.
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Tyche(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
Vellichor:
I would like to try this but it seems hard because I love food and sometimes eat 4 times a day. OMAD sounds similar to fasting ( also good for weight loss ). For fasting, you eat your first meal at noon (12pm), dinner at 6/7pm, then you don't eat anything else till noon the next day.

The thing no easy my sister, but you have to summon your will power to do it. It's not something you satrt overnight but gradually and don't look back. I have even incoporated water fasting into the show; I just drink only water for the number of days I want to fast. The maximum I have done is 3 days, next target is 1 week.

I no sure say you like food pass me ooooooo, as I am writing this post, I am in the kitchen munching Kilishi and washing it down with Yoghurt, the 4th glass so far grin . Today is just eat, eat and eat but my one pack never show, lol.

I can help you stay focused on chosen days, but 98% of the struggle is you. Also, when you think of what you want to achieve, it will help you keep up with the program.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:17am On Mar 03, 2019
Vellichor:
From the time you wake up until 6pm, you don't eat anything at all? As in nothing? Not even a piece of fruit (an apple, a pear, etc)?

Yes, i just drink water severally
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:21am On Mar 03, 2019
meobizy:

Well sorry for that.
If you were in PH I might have hooked you up with ongoing construction work.
You go lift blocks o, but at least you'll get money to eat twice or thrice daily.

Chai

But bro u fit still help me with something small to hold body o but if u no fit then its ok

Let God take control
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:23am On Mar 03, 2019
abimbola74:
Hmmmm.... embarassed ..I swear people are going through a lot. U go dey alright las las bro,u will read though this thread one day nd b like " I b mumu shaa,shouldn't have put this up here had it bn I knw everytn go dey alright". Man up bro ,go out there nd do whatever that can make u have something in ur stomach.

Thanks I know say my situation go change one day but I dey pray make I survive till then
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by meobizy(f): 3:23am On Mar 03, 2019
Iykesmooth:

Chai

But bro u fit still help me with something small to hold body o but if u no fit then its ok

Let God take control
Your location is the problem.
I also asked my friend supervising the site and he said there was no need for extra hands.
Sorry, man.
I guess you have to keep searching.
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:28am On Mar 03, 2019
Tyche:

The thing no easy my sister, but you have to summon your will power to do it. It's not something you satrt overnight but gradually and don't look back. I have even incoporated water fasting into the show; I just drink only water for the number of days I want to fast. The maximum I have done is 3 days, next target is 1 week.

I no sure say you like food pass me ooooooo, as I am writing this post, I am in the kitchen munching Kilishi and washing it down with Yoghurt, the 4th glass so far grin . Today is just eat, eat and eat but my one pack never show, lol.

I can help you stay focused on chosen days, but 98% of the struggle is you. Also, when you think of what you want to achieve, it will help you keep up with the program.

Omg reading your post made my mouth watery

It's been long I had such delicious meal
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 3:32am On Mar 03, 2019
meobizy:

Your location is the problem.
I also asked my friend supervising the site and he said there was no need for extra hands.
Sorry, man.
I guess you have to keep searching.

ok
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Tyche(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2019
Iykesmooth:

Omg reading your post made my mouth watery

It's been long I had such delicious meal

Where are you domiciled?
Re: If You Can Only Feed Once A Day by Iykesmooth: 9:50am On Mar 03, 2019
Tyche:

Where are you domiciled?

Lagos Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Affordable Christmas/xmas Hampers / The Plight Of Nigerian Widows. / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.