Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,969 members, 7,952,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers (29373 Views)

A Man's Shocking Experience With Nigerian Hawkers / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Widows and orphans are the set of people you give and receive open doors. It's in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Willibi2: 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Good talk indeed
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Gleefreak125(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
What about that thief that made away with my #100 when I had no intention of dashing him that money. I became Street smart not to give them money first but receive the good and balance before payment.

Thank you for this one though. To the pure water seller who stole my money few years ago, I forgive you and you can have the balance. Now I can have closure. Nice one OP.

6 Likes

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Samogbo1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
Very insightful
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by JessetariahMD(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:
THEY MAKE ABOVE 40 NAIRA.

A BAG OF ICE COLD SACHET WATER IS RETAILED TO THEM FOR 80 NAIRA OR LESS.

A BAG OF CONTAINS 20 SACHET WATERS.

THESE GUYS SELL FOR 10 NAIRA EACH AND MAKE 200 NAIRA PER BAG.

THEIR PROFIT IS 120 NAIRA.

I REPEAT, NO NIGERIAN WILL RISK HIS LIFE LIKE THEY DO FOR 40 NAIRA.

I SUPPORT THE CALL TO SHOW AN EXTRA LOVE AND CARE TO THESE GUYS.
Since you know so much
why don't you start hawking it
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Gleefreak125(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

The OP was right with his analysis. They make even less especially when the bag has leakages.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by KingSatan: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
JessetariahMD:

Since you know so much
why don't you start hawking it

I KNOW SO MUCH BECAUSE I AM AN ENTREPRENEUR AND MY MIND IS NOT LIMITED BY CIRCUMSTANCES, RELIGION OR ENVIRONMENT.

I UNDERSTAND HAWKING SACHET WATER IS YOUR FAMILY'S ONLY MEANS OF SURVIVAL AND THE POVERTY IN YOUR FAMILY HAS A ROTTEN STENCH.

BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM SAYING THE TRUTH.

AT LEAST A SLOWPOKE LIKE YOU READ MY MESSAGE.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by daddycee91(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
virginboy1:
God go bless their hustle?

On the contrary, U keep saying government doesn't keep to their promises....

U bought a bottle of coke since last week have u returned the bottle?? undecided

Lol
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by KingSatan: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
Gleefreak125:

The OP was right with his analysis. They make even less especially when the bag has leakages.

A LEAKAGE IS THE ONLY REASON THEY MAKE LESS AND IN CASES WHERE THEY DON'T SELL THE WATER BEFORE IT GETS HOT AGAIN.

REMEMBER, THEY BUY IT ICE COLD.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Dorlovito: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
Smoke2015:
A Nigerian man, who identifies himself as King Millie on Twitter has made a strong case for pure water sellers, admonishing Nigerians to be kinder to them.

In a series of threaded tweets, the young guy who describes himself as a blogger and OAP breaks down the rigours and hardship satchet water popularly known as pure water sellers in this clime have to endure, only to earn a meagre N40.00. Some times, they  even run into debt and have to pay a fine of N5000 where they are caught by law enforcement agents.

He suggests that instead of just giving money to 'able bodies beggers', these pure water hawkers are a better fit for benevolence, given how hard they work  and make very little daily.

Read his thread(a series of connected Tweets from one person) below:

According to pure water sellers. Sometimes, It Takes About 6 Hours To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Which Amounts To A Total Of N200 (less than 1Dollar).
From The N200, The Profit Is Only About N40 As The Pure Water Sellers Have To Pay Ice block Which Was Used To Cool The Water.

Bottom line Is That Some Of Them Make Only N40 In 6 Hours Of Hustling Under The Hot Sun, Risking Their Lives On Major Roads And Always At The Mercy Of The Environmental Protection Board Who Whip Them With Cane When Caught; And Fine Them N5,000 when they are caught.

Sadly, Passengers And Drivers Reach The Traffic Stops, They Prefer To Dash N100, N200 Or Even N500 To Beggars And Fake Sufferers Who Sometimes Make About N1,500 A Day Doing Nothing But Begging, Leaving Them Richer And Safer Than The Pure Water Sellers Who Are Entrepreneurs...

So When Next You Are At A Traffic Stop, Please:
1. Dash The Pure Water Seller Instead
2. Buy Pure Water To Patronize Them And If The Change Is (N10, Or Even N20, You Can Leave It With Them)
3. Say Something Nice To Them. Greet Them, Encourage Them.

Slow Down, Don't Knock Them Down.
5. Even If You Wont Buy The Pure Water, If They Ask You To Buy, Rather Than Ignoring Them And Facing Front As If They Are Not Humans, You Can Look At Them, Smile And Say "Thank You".

Such an eye opening thread. So kind of him!

https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/kindness-nigerian-man-makes-strong-case-for-pure-water-hawkers-encourages-nigerians-to-patronise-them-more/

the best post on nairaland so far
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Skyfornia(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

E be like say you dey live for another world. Say something you know brah. Whoever told you that a retail chilled bag of sachet water is sold for N80 is the greatest liar after Lai Mohammed. Bros fear God!

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Elijahrona(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

A BAG CONTAINS 20 SACHET WATERS.

They buy ice block

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Simplecity(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
AuntyAmope:
If you know this goalkeeper in England click like grin
De gea!! cool
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Maxcollins042(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by abuhari: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
Good thread
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hawking is a senseless job
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Simplecity(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
shamsin6300:
Every1 is making sense in diz next level,,,,,,,,,,,,,, letx learn 2b helpful plz
yes oo...am even surprised..see as people eyes don dey open
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by BiafraIsFree: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Instead of giving Hausa Fulani terrorist arm in Biafraland, I will rather give to pure water sellers from Biafraland, so help Chukwu Okike Abiama, Iseee.

Lazy nl beggars, repent o.

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
DO YOU NEED A BLOGGER?
We publish posts, write ups, stories, news etc. We also engage in advertising, you can publish short write ups about your business such as (Hotels, Schools, Churches, Restaurants, plots of land etc.)
we can drive traffic to your website, blog post etc. at an affordable price……….contact us today via

call/whatsapp : 08169284793
email: immadaniel03@gmail.com
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by kobosmart(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
angry and stop telling pure water sellers to collect their change inside your room

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by ojun50(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
Aieboocaar:
Harder times for dem Almajiris embarassed. dem go survive this next level so?? embarassed

Now people will prefer to support a pure water hawker rather than dash money to an able-bodied begger
Almajiris brodas will start selling pure water

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by netflicks(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
Yet some people without WAEC cert will call them lazy youth... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by JessetariahMD(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

I KNOW SO MUCH BECAUSE I AM AN ENTREPRENEUR AND MY MIND IS NOT LIMITED BY CIRCUMSTANCES, RELIGION OR ENVIRONMENT.

I UNDERSTAND HAWKING SACHET WATER IS YOUR FAMILY'S ONLY MEANS OF SURVIVAL AND THE POVERTY IN YOUR FAMILY HAS A ROTTEN STENCH.

BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM SAYING THE TRUTH.

AT LEAST A SLOWPOKE LIKE YOU READ MY MESSAGE.
So you want to go family unh?
ok let's do it fool
It's obvious your mom works in a whorrrree house
that's the only business your family. run
Dad so lazy he just sit at. home. all day. chewing gworo
So the thinking has finally. made your. brain. derange
Eff with me and find my silk boxer in your mama's Wardrobe
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Ogbenisleem(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
grin grin grin
Stanbic:
Last last pure water hawkers dey suffer, e no bad if you dey buy one bag for their hand dey drink am finish daily.
You're saving mankind grin
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
What pains my heart no end is seeing kids running after vehicles in the traffic jam selling pure water and biscuit when they are supposed to be in school, or doing homework, or even just playing in the security of their parents' abode.

It's so sad and shameful.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Speedyconnect15: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

Oga

Nobody sells cold bag of sachet water at 80 naira.

Even the hot ones aren't sold at 80 even if you are buying 2m bags from the factory.

Say what you know please.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by JessetariahMD(m): 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
Elijahrona:

They buy ice block
Leave that fool saying no one in Nigeria does business. that. gets a gain of 40# When recharge cards business. a times. gives. one 20# gain

2 Likes

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by pawesome(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

THEIR PROFIT IS 120 NAIRA.bag at 80 Naira.. Bros which state you from

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by DivinePips123: 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hmmmm....

Check out our offering and money success story here: https://www.nairaland.com/5027994/welcome-world-financial-freedom

It's so amazing.
Cheers.
smiley
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by GenFunction: 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
d guy actually made sense sha
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Justbeingreal(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
This is so touching.... What an awakening...

Most times we just lose sight of what's really important....

LiFe ain't fair.....sometimes I don't understand the concept of somethings we have to go through as humans...
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Classickj(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

80 naira in deed? A bag of pure water is either 150 or 130 in some place not to talk about cold pure water...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Reason GSK Left Nigeria After 51 Years / J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme / Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.