Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,711 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers (29374 Views)

A Man's Shocking Experience With Nigerian Hawkers / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by marvinsync(m): 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:
THEY MAKE ABOVE 40 NAIRA.

A BAG OF ICE COLD SACHET WATER IS RETAILED TO THEM FOR 80 NAIRA OR LESS.

A BAG CONTAINS 20 SACHET WATERS.

THESE GUYS SELL FOR 10 NAIRA EACH AND MAKE 200 NAIRA PER BAG.

THEIR PROFIT IS 120 NAIRA.

I REPEAT, NO NIGERIAN WILL RISK HIS LIFE LIKE THEY DO FOR 40 NAIRA.

I SUPPORT THE CALL TO SHOW AN EXTRA LOVE AND CARE TO THESE GUYS.

u didn't see the part where he said they have to pay for ice blocks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

You happy now king Satan after causing havoc on humanity grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2019
KingSatan:

A bag of ice block is N250 in some areas

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
l started doing this since last year when l saw their plight especially the kids,who are supposed to be in school,going through the harsh struggle to sell their wares,it gives me an inner joy each time l do that, likewise paying for the transport fare of kids that board the same taxi with me,lets try it and see .

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
l started doing this since last year when l saw their plight especially the kids,who are supposed to be in school,and pregnant women, in their condition and with the risk involved,going through the harsh struggle to sell their wares,it gives me an inner joy each time l do that, likewise paying for the transport fare of kids that board the same taxi with me,lets try it and see ,it gladdens the heart

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by alezzy13: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
TrevorFitness:
I have being doing this already. And if the vehicle doesn't slow down, I don't buy anything from hawkers. I pity them when they chase cars for peanuts they make

Totally agree with this.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by alezzy13: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2019
marvinsync:

u didn't see the part where he said they ahve to pay for ice blocks

No mind am. By the way, who still dey sell bag for 80? At my location it goes for 150/bag at retail. So for them I doubt if it's less than 100-120
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Oga

Nobody sells cold bag of sachet water at 80 naira.

Even the hot ones aren't sold at 80 even if you are buying 2m bags from the factory.

Say what you know please.
Help me ask am oh. For dis Buhari regime dem sell ice block wen big for N80 undecided
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by kakale1: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
Aieboocaar:
Harder times for dem Almajiris embarassed. dem go survive this next level so?? embarassed

Now people will prefer to support a pure water hawker rather than dash money to an able-bodied begger
you people can't deprived one humain being of their daily need is almighty God that will disposed all affairs on Earth . No body can provide sustaince to any one but God
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by eluquenson(m): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nigeria is doomed, land of the wicked people.

This really opened my eyes
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by kakale1: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
Smoke2015:
A Nigerian man, who identifies himself as King Millie on Twitter has made a strong case for pure water sellers, admonishing Nigerians to be kinder to them.

In a series of threaded tweets, the young guy who describes himself as a blogger and OAP breaks down the rigours and hardship satchet water popularly known as pure water sellers in this clime have to endure, only to earn a meagre N40.00. Some times, they  even run into debt and have to pay a fine of N5000 where they are caught by law enforcement agents.

He suggests that instead of just giving money to 'able bodies beggers', these pure water hawkers are a better fit for benevolence, given how hard they work  and make very little daily.

Read his thread(a series of connected Tweets from one person) below:

According to pure water sellers. Sometimes, It Takes About 6 Hours To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Which Amounts To A Total Of N200 (less than 1Dollar).
From The N200, The Profit Is Only About N40 As The Pure Water Sellers Have To Pay Ice block Which Was Used To Cool The Water.

Bottom line Is That Some Of Them Make Only N40 In 6 Hours Of Hustling Under The Hot Sun, Risking Their Lives On Major Roads And Always At The Mercy Of The Environmental Protection Board Who Whip Them With Cane When Caught; And Fine Them N5,000 when they are caught.

Sadly, Passengers And Drivers Reach The Traffic Stops, They Prefer To Dash N100, N200 Or Even N500 To Beggars And Fake Sufferers Who Sometimes Make About N1,500 A Day Doing Nothing But Begging, Leaving Them Richer And Safer Than The Pure Water Sellers Who Are Entrepreneurs...

So When Next You Are At A Traffic Stop, Please:
1. Dash The Pure Water Seller Instead
2. Buy Pure Water To Patronize Them And If The Change Is (N10, Or Even N20, You Can Leave It With Them)
3. Say Something Nice To Them. Greet Them, Encourage Them.

Slow Down, Don't Knock Them Down.
5. Even If You Wont Buy The Pure Water, If They Ask You To Buy, Rather Than Ignoring Them And Facing Front As If They Are Not Humans, You Can Look At Them, Smile And Say "Thank You".

Such an eye opening thread. So kind of him!

https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/kindness-nigerian-man-makes-strong-case-for-pure-water-hawkers-encourages-nigerians-to-patronise-them-more/

no person can't deprived one humain being of their daily need is almighty God that will disposed all affairs on Earth . No body can provide sustaince to any one but God
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by kernniejay(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
No be only pure water hawkers, those benue boys abi where dem come from sef, wey dey sell bottled water or plantain chips, i dey pity dem wella, dey can run for africa at olympics and make thousands of dollars instead of running on express to sell N50 water.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by chiefobdk(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
AuntyAmope:
If you know this goalkeeper in England click like grin

David de gea
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by octopusfreaky(f): 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
peteruuu:
Wow! Nice.!

Instead of giving these almajiri's money, I'll start giving 'pure water' sellers money instead.

Having lived over 20+years in Lagos, eyes have seen the good, bad and ugly. Honestly, I saw an elderly woman hawking about 20satchets today at my office, I wept bitterly cox not even one was bought from her.
On Monday, I will do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by peteruuu(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
octopusfreaky:
Having lived over 20+years in Lagos, eyes have seen the good, bad and ugly. Honestly, I saw an elderly woman hawking about 20satchets today at my office, I wept bitterly cox not even one was bought from her.
On Monday, I will do something about it.
You got my like for that hey. Pls, do something!.
I'll be expecting your mention on Monday...
May God help us.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Bluehill1051: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
All those pure water sellers pay agbero too o. Every single morning they pay owo ile
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by ibinaboonline: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
Well, I don't know the location of the seller he talked to but this assessment is very faulty. To begin with, you CANNOT sell only 20 sachets of pure water in 6hrs . Ha. I'm speaking from good authority o. My neighbor in my place of work is a supplier. Also, the sellers don't buy the ice blocks, rather the supplier buys blocks when there's no electricity. I'm saying that the sellers buy already cold water from the supplier. And they buy on credit. And the thing sells very very fast. Yes it's not easy but these people make good money.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by jhubril(m): 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
Thank you Mr Jonathan Swift . Nothing can be truer ! Your Modest Proposal touches on compassion ,and we love it.

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by CDCEO001: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
And the Amajiris will now start to carry 5 sachet water on their head so the money can be given to them.

But on a serious note, it depends on the area where the sachet water is being sold, 6 hrs is a little much for 20sachet.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
Pure water full with Bacteria, water from the drains and sewages. *spits** I would rather Drink monkey Urine than that shiit called pure water.
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by blackjack21(m): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
mhisbliss:
Very true, now i feel sad, imagine hustling for 6hrs just to make 40 Naira, what a life.

Yet, they still pay tithes

1 Like

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by wisemrtortoise: 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
peteruuu:
Wow! Nice.!

Instead of giving these almajiri's money, I'll start giving 'pure water' sellers money instead.

what about almajiris that sell pure water?
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Sarang(f): 2:41am On Mar 02, 2019
peteruuu:

You got my like for that hey. Pls, do something!.
I'll be expecting your mention on Monday...
May God help us.

Please mention me too.All the best octopusfreaky
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by valuka(m): 5:13am On Mar 02, 2019
KingSatan:

You are well informed bro
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by DadaStephen1(m): 7:19am On Mar 02, 2019
That's why we are doing this...
#CeosHub #OffTheStreet Challenge

Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 02, 2019
Hard times for almajiri beggers
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by blackfase(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2019
KingSatan:

I think d bag goes for 100/ 120 then U forgot d icing. Additional cost
Re: Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers by myettiallah: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
mhisbliss:
Very true, now i feel sad, imagine hustling for 6hrs just to make 40 Naira, what a life.
U must be a lazy ass thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme / Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments / Real Reason GSK Left Nigeria After 51 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.