Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? (27283 Views)

Should I Report This Secondary School Students Always Making Love After School? / UNIBEN Computer Science Students Zombified In Their Final Year Costume (Photos) / Most Marketable Art Courses For Art Students In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by wickyyolo: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2019
jumper524:
I dunno of art but for commercial, most accounting question are outside the curriculum.
in jamb for accounting you do cost accounting(fifo/LIFO) a course accounting students do in their 200l at the university.
they are off the curriculum

same thing goes with commerce.
although commerce isint that difficult but the truth is, their question are too technical with answers options that are always identical.
answering those questions requires some level of exposure which is beyond secondary school level.
3rdly. hope u know half of iamb mathematics is further maths and commercial students averagely are not exposed to such...

I noticed all this flaws during my 100l days when I tried NDA and had to start practicing jamb again...

You're right
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Kumpat: 10:21am On Mar 02, 2019
[1+1 is always equal to 2 anywhere in the world, but ask any person what he understands by a noun, then you will hear different opinion. I think thats the reason. My opinion though. quote author=iceboy4752 post=76261829]In 2018, about 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scorers.

My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students.

Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.

What could be the reason?[/quote]
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by DonroxyII: 10:24am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

So why didn't you state this at the beginning?
But some of your assertions are generalistic and are not true. Yes many science students are dedicated towards problem solving but not all of them. Yes many tend to do well in MBA because that course isn't difficult but you forgot that many rarely switch to law haven't you wonder why? Haven't you wonder why many choose to write ICAN whereas many runaway from law?. The law profession made it a bit difficult for many to crossover couple with the fact that there is less financial gain whereas the accounting profession made it easier for any except ANAN
What you should think is why the cross over and it is for career growth.
An Engineering that works in a bank needs MBA and ICAN to move to the next level but they can relate with our discipline even law you mentioned but can we relate with theirs

Average among them can run into our course and still defeat us if we fail to tighten our grip .

The President of ICAN has B.sc in Industrial Chemistry or something .... He said he started ICAN when he was bored or something, ....... Imagine ooo cheesy

Do you think I can become the President of Nigerian Society of Engineers or Mathematics..... I can if I have what it takes but I have never see any of us having what it takes but they do have what it takes !!

It's because their difficulty level surpasses ours and time committed surpasses ours !!

Thank You sir !! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by DaRuud(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2019
70% of science students are serious as against 30 %
In Arts 30% are serious the remaining 70 % na flexers , party gals , guys ,

iceboy4752:
In 2018, about 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scorers.

My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students.

Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.

What could be the reason?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by babyfaceafrica: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2019
DonroxyII:
An Engineering that works in a bank needs MBA and ICAN to move to the next level but they can relate with our discipline even law you mentioned but can we relate with theirs

Average among them can run into our course and still defeat us if we fail to tighten our grip .

The President of ICAN has B.sc in Industrial Chemistry or something .... He said he started ICAN when he was bored or something, ....... Imagine ooo cheesy

Do you think I can become the President of Nigerian Society of Engineers or Mathematics..... I can if I have what it takes but I have never see any of us having what it takes but they do have what it takes !!

It's because their difficulty level surpasses ours and time committed surpasses ours !!

Thank You sir !! cheesy

you are just he generalising and making fun of art and commercial students ....continue if it makes you happy
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by 0monnak0da: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2019
Higher Score.

First of all what does this mean. Is it right to compare scores forpeople doing different subjects?

Is JAMB an aptitude test

The topic heading itself reveals a problem with how our young people reason. That you take arts subject in JAMB does not make you an "arts student" . Also what is an Arts student? Some people take both arts and science subjects.

You cannot use JAMB score to copare artificial groupings of people

To me it (Scores) reflects the greater levelof precision or lower level of ambiguity and so Mathematics has been the one subject where people have tended to score 100%.It tells you more about the subjects ,their curricula and JAMB than about so called Arts or Science students.
I know so many people yearsago who were "science students"that studied law,accounting and so
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 02, 2019
DonroxyII:

Thank You sir !! cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Teddiie(f): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2019
Obaofusa:
True.
Specially those having the option of physics, chemistry, English and biology.
My days I got 400
Mr genius, I hail oo
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by OgaBuhari: 10:33am On Mar 02, 2019
Obaofusa:
True.
Specially those having the option of physics, chemistry, English and biology.
My days I got 400

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by sneak3(m): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:
In 2018, about 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scorers.

Ejo lo fe ro ... Carry your highest score buy house for banana island
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2019
DaRuud:

70% of science students are serious as against 30 %
In Arts 30% are serious the remaining 70 % na flexers , party gals , guys ,

So why can't the serious 30% do that?
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 10:39am On Mar 02, 2019
[quote author=OgaBuhari post=76274974][/quote]
Fake!
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by OgaBuhari: 10:45am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:
Fake!
see this one? Thomas na learner for where u dey.
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2019
Bacteriologist:
I think it starts from the grassroots. When choosing what class to fall into, more intelligent students are pressured to go to Science class. While the not so bright are told to go to Art class.

At least that's what happened in my own set. And I witnessed it in several other sets too. So I think a random science class has more Average I.Q than the random art class.

This answer is an anecdote and has not been particularly researched though.

And on a lighter note, It's why Atheists are more averagely intelligent than theists.

What exactly do atheists do with their purpoted intelligence?
90% of Nobel Prize winners are Christians and most of the rest are from other religions, only 2% of Nobel Prize are from atheists.

Breakdown of the Nobel prizes, most of the Nobel prizes won by atheist are in literature. Rarely do they win in the sciences. Meanwhile, Christians have won 75% of all science related, followed by Jewish religionists. Most Jews that have won are Christians, so they come under Christian winners.

And these are for the Nobel prize winners o, you can imagine the number that haven't won.
Even if you do it per ratio stuff, the religionists have it. One would think atheists would have gone on an invention spree. Crap

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2019
OgaBuhari:
see this one?
Thomas na learner for where u dey.
grin grin
Why you come crop the registration number comot?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by kinibigdil: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Subject combination and less knowledge about the subjects chosen are main factors responsible. If you watch closely you would discover that many the science students have high scores in science related subjects than English.
Good revelations
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2019
grin
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Jaynom(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2019
hustla:

Of they just like arts or commercial and want to go into finance?
Stop thinking with your anus
I'm trying so hard not to insult you. Read what I posted.
I started with MOST NOT ALL & I ENDED WITH MOST NOT ALL. I was an Arts student because I loved Literature & government to the dismay of my teachers/principal. As an Arts student I was still better than a lot of my peers who were in the science department I would beat them in Maths, biology, Economics. I also studied some physics just for fun. FINALLY, I repeat, Most Arts students "FEEL inadequate", so they "Settle" for Arts class. Most not all!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Uzee24: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2019
Truth is both disciplines have their areas of difficulty. If you study well you would definately do well irrespective of whether you are a science or art student.

However science is closed-ended while arts is open-ended. Science deals alot more with rules, principles, formulars, etc. If you understand the rules or principles governing a particular problem, you can solve it. Thats why an answer to maths or physics question will always be the same whether it is solved in china, america or nigeria.

Arts on the otherhand is largely based on perspectives. A phenomenon can be viewed from different angles and given different valid explanations. There are no rules, no principles, no formulars.

That explains why you always have more first class students in the STEM courses than in the Arts. There are some political science departments in some universities that have less than five first class graduates in the past 20years unlike engineering departments that turn out first class graduates almost every year.

In all both science and arts students are intelligent in their own right.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by OgaBuhari: 11:53am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:

grin grin
Why you come crop the registration number comot?
make i give u the reg number make u check am?
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Alphaman007: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2019
Us wey come dey middle nko
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Cheryphb: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Looking back to my high school days, the science students were taught by the best brains among the teachers. While the rest were taught by the mediocre among them. You can imagine a mathematics teacher doing correction on the board, whereas his solution was far worse than some students, only to return to his cubicle to resolve it for like 2 hours before coming out to correct himself
iceboy4752:

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by sojidayvid(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hardwork! That's Wat differentiate them. The science students are more serious than the art students. Hardwork pays.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Blessed3434(m): 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please how can i purchase pin for D.E, was told JAMB have closed the sales of the form.. Will they re-open for D.E?
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by afoobabs(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
a friend gunning for law had 320 last year

most of the questions are technical and the answers cannot be proofed unlike science subject.

plus literature is a difficult subject to pass more than 15 texts to consult plus numerous poems its very strenuous
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
OgaBuhari:
make i give u the reg number make u check am?
Yes.
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by RexTramadol1: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
If everybody did science

We will be in a boring world by now
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Sgbate(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
Meanwhile in IJMB ,art student score higher than the science students...
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by ozoneymcm: 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Many intelligent students in the class were usually placed in the science class because people wrongly thought only brilliant student survive in science class. Also many science student were more motivated and encouraged that other students.
The first is the major reason.
Rightly thought
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by InansBobo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
femi4:
In addition, those science subjects are interwoven.

You ll find maths in physics, physics in chemistry and vise versa
same way u will find maths in economics and find economics in commerce and accounting and vice versa
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by stanliwise(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
ozoneymcm:

Rightly thought
get out jare. all the wasted science student in this country what has they invented or what are we producing in the country?.
Keep believing the knowledge the teacher forced on you that science student were most brilliant and don't look above you nose. Na you sabi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Resume - CONUA Lecturers Tell FG / What Is On Wikipedia About Prof Bamitale Omole And OAU / Emelife Stella Chinelo Receives Medals And Cash Prizes From University Of Mysore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.