Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

How I Got A Job Through Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got A Job Through Nairaland (1174 Views)

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father / #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by wencesolo(m): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2019
Dear fellow nairalanders,
Greetings! I want to use this platform to give thanks to almighty God in heaven who made it possible for me. The sole purpose of creating this thread is to encourage each and everyone of us. Prepare your self before an opportunity comes. I am a graduate of microbiology from IMSU 2009-2013. I served in Anambra in 2015-2016 batch. At a point i lost hope in the course i studied when i discovered that Med lab is the real deal not microbiology. May God bless my elder bro who sent me back to Anambra to work with a friend he met during volunteering. 2017 i got to Nkpor Anambra as my boss linked me to stay with a family friend till i get money to rent my own room. Brothers and sisters that was my first hand experience of face me i face you yard. I take my bath at 3am before day breaks to avoid queue , dirts and receive little air from nature as the baths and pits produces a pungent choking smell during hot afternoon. I assumed the role of program officer as i was the 3rd graduate and only male. I did alot of both paid and unpaid volunteer jobs. My stipend decreased from 34k to 25k per month as projects closes out. I was hopeless and developing mental issues cos of my situations. On that faithful day of 20th june, i was on nairaland, and saw the job post on Volunteers nationwide by stresert services. I applied as a normal volunteer to build my CV. I already ve worked as Program officer on MDR-TB ,ACF-TB Gobal fund project, WASH, SIP, SOMIL projects etc. After applying from june 20th 2018 ,i only heard from the recruiters 30th august 2018 via mail. I was shortlisted the role of a Zonal Coordinator for south east. God helped me i passed the interviews conducted by the NGO HR and recruitment agency HR. I was made the South East Zonal coordinator of the foundation ,with five state reps reporting to me. The job i got suits my passion for public health, social works and palliative care. Today i work with The Rose of Sharon Foundation whose founder is Mrs Foloronsho Alakija. This foundation have provided help and succour to thousands of orphans and widows in our poorest communities. Scholarship awards to one child of a widow from primary to university same with orphans in our care. Never give up on your passion, you must be tested before your testimony. God bless The Rose of Sharon Foundation, God bless all nairalanders , God bless Stresert Recruitment Services and team. God bless my boss @VICLAF foundation Anambra. Read more about the RoSF @ www.theroseofsharonfoundation.org

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by KingSatan: 1:33am On Mar 02, 2019
You have gotten a job, now live your life in peace or i return you to the level you were before now.
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by meobizy(f): 1:43am On Mar 02, 2019
Oh, look.
It’s the weekly lie.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by Mizwisdom(f): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
meobizy:
Oh, look. It’s the weekly lie.

When I saw SIP there.... grin
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by wencesolo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
FG SIP experience was as a data entry officer on FG Social Investment Program (N-Power, GEEP, HGSFP etc) keep laughing ok
Mizwisdom:

When I saw SIP there.... grin
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 05, 2019
I'm a graduate of microbiology. please is there vacancy for a volunteer?
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by Raalsalghul: 2:13am On Mar 05, 2019
wencesolo:
Dear fellow nairalanders,
Greetings! I want to use this platform to give thanks to almighty God in heaven who made it possible for me. The sole purpose of creating this thread is to encourage each and everyone of us. Prepare your self before an opportunity comes. I am a graduate of microbiology from IMSU 2009-2013. I served in Anambra in 2015-2016 batch. At a point i lost hope in the course i studied when i discovered that Med lab is the real deal not microbiology. May God bless my elder bro who sent me back to Anambra to work with a friend he met during volunteering. 2017 i got to Nkpor Anambra as my boss linked me to stay with a family friend till i get money to rent my own room. Brothers and sisters that was my first hand experience of face me i face you yard. I take my bath at 3am before day breaks to avoid queue , dirts and receive little air from nature as the baths and pits produces a pungent choking smell during hot afternoon. I assumed the role of program officer as i was the 3rd graduate and only male. I did alot of both paid and unpaid volunteer jobs. My stipend decreased from 34k to 25k per month as projects closes out. I was hopeless and developing mental issues cos of my situations. On that faithful day of 20th june, i was on nairaland, and saw the job post on Volunteers nationwide by stresert services. I applied as a normal volunteer to build my CV. I already ve worked as Program officer on MDR-TB ,ACF-TB Gobal fund project, WASH, SIP, SOMIL projects etc. After applying from june 20th 2018 ,i only heard from the recruiters 30th august 2018 via mail. I was shortlisted the role of a Zonal Coordinator for south east. God helped me i passed the interviews conducted by the NGO HR and recruitment agency HR. I was made the South East Zonal coordinator of the foundation ,with five state reps reporting to me. The job i got suits my passion for public health, social works and palliative care. Today i work with The Rose of Sharon Foundation whose founder is Mrs Foloronsho Alakija. This foundation have provided help and succour to thousands of orphans and widows in our poorest communities. Scholarship awards to one child of a widow from primary to university same with orphans in our care. Never give up on your passion, you must be tested before your testimony. God bless The Rose of Sharon Foundation, God bless all nairalanders , God bless Stresert Recruitment Services and team. God bless my boss @VICLAF foundation Anambra. Read more about the RoSF @ www.theroseofsharonfoundation.org
Congrats!
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by wencesolo(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Thank you dear
Raalsalghul:
Congrats!
Re: How I Got A Job Through Nairaland by anaton(m): 2:57am On Aug 06, 2019
Congrats brotherly.
I hope you have started saving for the rainy day by opening a retirement account with one of this pension companies like Leadway.

(1) (Reply)

Knowledgeworker / UBA Promotes 855 Staff / Ford Diesel Transit Delivery Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.