Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,227 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

#How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland (788 Views)

How I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland by Godlymanly: 6:04am On Oct 03, 2019
Admin please take this to front page to encourage other nairalanders.

You will agree with me that life after NYSC is one of the most challenging for an average graduate in Nigeria considering the difficulty in securing a job let a alone a good one.
My story is that of Grace and persistence.
After NYSC and having spent months at home sending application after application both online and physically without yielding any positive result to a point that I believed online application were all lies and that these guys already have candidates of their choice and that they are only advertising to fulfill all righteousness.
Nevertheless I never gave up but kept applying "a drowning man will catch even a straw" ,one day while scanning through nairaland, career section in particular,i saw a call for application I almost did not applied for the position, because the advert looked very unserious and even the reference mail for application was even Gmail as in my belief any serious organisation of international standard should have a company email.
Not withstanding I applied and was invited for interview,upto the point I got to their office I had to call home to tell my location just incase it was 419.the office was a private apartment in one of the choicest places in the FCT,No sign post of any kind indicating that it was an office,i went in met the reception and was invited over later for a chat and technical assessment and subsequently given an internship job with a pay of just #20,000 when I spent 600 to 700 naira daily for feeding and transport fare.I almost resigned but on a second thought I was gaining experience which I needed so much,so I continued.
Prior to the expiration of my internship,among other intern I was retained as a full staff with good pay and benefits.
Bottom line,"never judge a book by it's cover" and the taste of the pudding is in the eating.
Many thanks Nairaland and I return all Glory to God.
For all those still seeking for a job here especially fresh graduates,never neglect the days of little beginning,dont always consider the pay but the job prospects and the feather the experience will add to your CV,and surely you will find your dream Job.I realised that many organisations are actually looking for talented youths but don't have they luxury of creating a room for trainees cos of company policies, cost etc,so if you see anyone opportunity even if it means volunteering for free just to gain experience do it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland by LoydJ(m): 6:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Congrats bro
I Pray God Should Open doors of employment for others as he has done yours
Re: #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland by timibare(m): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Thank God..... God is gonna help us all
Re: #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Job is not easy to get. When I was still serving I applied to some jobs. I was very happy I got invited for an interview as a software developer. I was in kano the job was in Lagos and I was still serving. I immediately told the HR when she called that I won't be able to make it to the venue of the interview.

Within me I was happy I thought since I got invited in my first try that I will get job immediately after POP. I was wrong.

After the first invite other invites were just coming in all were from Lagos I didn't attend any one. I did series of online tests with big companies some sent regret mail while others uptill today since June I've not heard from them.

In short after POP I still get invites. I have attended some interviews yet no feedback from them.

Life is difficult after NYSC I must say. I have now resorted to random job search, from ICT teacher to bank work if any would work.

It is not easy oo.
Re: #How I got a good Job with An INGO through Nairaland by Godlymanly: 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
Amen
LoydJ:
Congrats bro
I Pray God Should Open doors of employment for others as he has done yours

(1) (Reply)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / African Union Digital And Innovation Fellowship 2021 / Cyber Security Career Path Abroad: 6 Highest Paid Roles For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.