Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

As Regards Alms To Beggars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Regards Alms To Beggars (519 Views)

Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC / Emotional Moment Thugs Distribute Palliative Loot To Beggars / Emir Sanusi To Beggars: Demand Money From Govt Not Individuals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Regards Alms To Beggars by bastardmod: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2019
It is well within the rights of those who choose to withhold alms from beggars for whatever reason they choose. I would even encourage it inasmuch as people have to ventilate their anger one way or another., and for us igbos, violence is not our way.

Having lived in the north all my life, however, I have to add a note of caution: They will scheme to react to this violently. They will need a pretext for starting that violence. That pretext usually will be religious.

They will likely engage you verbally and goad you on until you say something they can call blasphemy and then... That would be their dog whistle.

So ndigbo ibem... Don't verbally engage them.

Hold back your money, etc and walk away. It will hurt all the same. Don't argue or exchange words.

Yeah they could always start violence unprovoked, just don't give them a reason.

CC nwanyionitsha,NgadaAwo
Osidec
Stanweezy
eagleeye2

Anambraforpeter
, adadike, salvador1, pchukwudi, Catastrophe1, angelusbrut, oilPUSSY, Zorbadezinc, naijaroyalty

NgadaAwo, nwanyionitsha, Salvador4, pekele007, mopolchi, osagyefo98, pointblank247, earthquake2, chiefobdk, beebeeooh, tsinzu, phase1, Mekaboy, Anambra1
Nbote, Amarabae, Nothingdome, Obi1kenobi.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by sanandreas(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2019
Shake your head implying there is no money period. We are into the next level. No free money and not even in Freetown.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2019
I see no reason why beggars would be angry that people (infidels) have resolved never to give them money again..Why are you angry, my dear beggars?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by bastardmod: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
I see no reason why beggars would be angry that people (infidels) have resolved never to give them money again..Why are you angry, my dear beggars?

They must feel this poverty they are wishing on the entire nation. Udo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by bastardmod: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2019
sanandreas:
Shake your head implying there is no money period. We are into the next level. No free money and not even in Freetown.
Period. Daalu

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Lobatan... it's not by force nah....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by bastardmod: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2019
Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2019
personally Nobody will tell me how or who to give my hard earned money...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by mychiveous(f): 10:47am On Mar 02, 2019
Let the elites up north call their fellow northerns to come back to the north and beg na..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by SluttanSlayer: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2019
The Yorubas are the ones spreading this nonsense and carrying it on their heads for the sole reason to instigate the Hausas to target Igbos in the north.

Kayode Ogundamisi once spread fake news that Igbos went on rampage in Onitsha killing Hausas and burning a mosque. He took a pic from the Jukum Fulani conflict in Taraba showing a wounded Hausa man as evidence.

This same Kayode led yoruba miscreants to kill Awusas in the SW in 1999. Igbos suffered the consequences in the north.

Today the Aids sufferer is pushing for Awusas to kill Igbos in the north.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by Asshurbanipal: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2019
bastardmod:
It is well within the rights of those who choose to withhold alms from beggars for whatever reason they choose. I would even encourage it inasmuch as people have to ventilate their anger one way or another., and for us igbos, violence is not our way.

Having lived in the north all my life, however, I have to add a note of caution: They will scheme to react to this violently. They will need a pretext for starting that violence. That pretext usually will be religious.

They will likely engage you verbally and goad you on until you say something they can call blasphemy and then... That would be their dog whistle.

Hold back your money, etc and walk away. It will hurt all the same. Don't argue or exchange words.

Yeah they could always start violence unprovoked, just don't give them a reason.

Osidec
Stanweezy
eagleeye2

Anambraforpeter
, adadike, salvador1, pchukwudi, Catastrophe1, angelusbrut, oilPUSSY, Zorbadezinc, naijaroyalty

NgadaAwo, nwanyionitsha, Salvador4, pekele007, mopolchi, osagyefo98, pointblank247, earthquake2, chiefobdk, beebeeooh, tsinzu, phase1, Mekaboy, Anambra1
Nbote, Amarabae, Nothingdome, Obi1kenobi.
Obi1kenobi is afonja

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by mightyhazel: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2019
bastardmod:

Osidec
Stanweezy
eagleeye2

Anambraforpeter

Nbote, Amarabae, Nothingdome, Oenobi.
i concur with this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by bastardmod: 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Obi1kenobi is afonja

OK noted
Re: As Regards Alms To Beggars by nwanyionitsha: 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nkem bu onye obuna egozina ife na aka fa except no other option. Akusiem.
Ozo bu anu avi.

https://www.nairaland.com/5054958/did-know

Osidec
Stanweezy
eagleeye2

Anambraforpeter

NgadaAwo, Salvador4, pekele007, mopolchi, osagyefo98, pointblank247, earthquake2, chiefobdk, beebeeooh, tsinzu, phase1, Mekaboy, Anambra1
Nbote, Amarabae, Nothingdome,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Electrical Bill To Attract One-year Jail, 1m Fine / PDP Moves To Stop Buhari's Second Term Inauguration / Bullion Vans In Tinubu’s House Should Not Be A Topical Issue In Nigeria –etta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.