Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures (7439 Views)

What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an. / Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an / Boy Won ₦1.6m, Land And Hajj For Reciting The Qur'an (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:26am On Mar 02, 2019
Allah, The Almighty, revealed the Qur'an to be His last, all-embracing Scripture containing the final manifestation of the Divine Law. This necessitates that it has to be safeguarded from the mischievous hands of men and from all corruption. This protection has been a reality from the time the Qur'an was revealed until today and will remain so forever. It contains no additions or deletions. It has reached us by so many chains of transmission that it is impossible for them to have conspired on a lie. It has been recorded and memorized innumerable times.

There has been no change in its text over time, not even in a single letter. Some of those who have committed it to memory cannot speak Arabic; nevertheless, they recite it exactly as it was revealed.

Allah has guaranteed the preservation of the Qura'nic text, as He, the Most Exalted, Says (what means): "Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian." [Qur'an 15:9]

Allah also Says (what means): "And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." [Qur'an 6: 115]

As for the previous Scriptures, they were for a limited duration of time. Allah gave human beings the responsibility of preserving them, and they lost them through corruption, alteration, and concealment. Allah Says (what means):

"Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah, and they were witnesses thereto." [Qur'an 5:44]
In the Qur'an, Allah Almighty informs us that the Torah was changed; He Says (what means):

"So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn." [Qur'an 2:79]
Being the final, all-encompassing and preserved against any change, the Islamic Law abrogated all the previous Scriptures which sustained human interpolations. Abrogation generally takes place with regards to secondary matters of law. As for fundamental principles, like the Oneness of Allah, The Most Exalted, the prohibition of idolatry, and the fundamentals of worship – matters that form the basic call of all the Messengers, may Allah exalt their mention, they are not subject to abrogation.

The Law that came with Prophet 'Eesa (Jesus) may Allah exalt his mention abrogated part of the Law that came with Moosa (Moses) may Allah exalt his mention. Relating the words of Prophet 'Eesa may Allah exalt his mention to the Children of Israel, Almighty Allah Says (what means): "And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Torah and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you…" [Qur'an 3:50]

The Islamic Law is lasting, remaining suitable for every place and time, and embracing the goodness of the previous manifestations of the Law. Allah Says (what means): “And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it." [Qur'an 5:48]

The Qur'an is different from the previous Scriptures in the following respects:

(1) The Qur'an is miraculous and inimitable. Nothing similar to it can be produced by human beings. Allah challenged both humans and jinn to produce the like of the Qur'an, as in the verse (which means): "Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants." [Qur'an 17:88]

He, The Almighty, further challenged the disbelievers among the Arabs to produce even one chapter similar to the Quranic chapters, Saying (what means): "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a chapter the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful." [Qur'an 2:23]

(2) After the Qur'an, no more Scriptures will be revealed by Allah. Just as the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) is the last Prophet, the Qur'an is the last Scripture.

(3) Allah has taken it upon Himself to protect the Qur'an from alteration, to safeguard it from corruption, and to preserve it from distortion (as stated in the meaning of [Qur'an 15:9] previously quoted. On the other hand, the previous Scriptures suffered alteration and distortion and did not remain in their originally revealed form (as mentioned above in [Qur'an 4:46]).

(4) The Qur'an, for one, confirms early Scriptures and, for another, is a trustworthy witness over them [Qur'an 5:48].

(5) The Qur'an abrogates them, meaning it cancels the rulings of the previous Scriptures and renders them inapplicable. The Law of the old
Scriptures is no longer applicable; the previous rulings have been abrogated with the new Law of Islam.

Accordingly, Allah does not accept any religion except Islam as a way to His Pleasure, as He Says (what means):

"And whoever desires other than Islam as religion never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers." [Qur'an 3:85]

Source

12 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by tintingz(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
1. There's nothing miraculous about the Quran, it's filled with copied ancient myths and fairytales, the Quran is poorly written, claiming it can't be rewrite is just an egoistic and fallacious statement. There are more well written books like Harry Potter, Lord of the Ring, Game of thrones etc.

2. Another fallacy by claiming the Quran is the last scripture and Muhammad is the last prophet, these are cognitive bias, egoistic and delusional belief. There are many scriptures and people claiming to be prophet after Muhammad. The Quran is not in authority to make that claim by discrediting other scriptures and prophets.

3. Unfortunately Allah has not been able to guide his worshipers from diversity, he's more interested in protecting a book than his worshipers. And secondly how do you expect someone to replicate the Quran when such person will be killed? A statement with a threat.

4. Your number 4th statement is a lie.

5. Again the Quran has no authority to discredit other scriptures, if you want to play the authority game then game on.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
Mr. Taiwo, you have no theistic value as you are an atheist! So...your thought process holds no water!

You will forever live in pretense as Muslim but Atheist!

7 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by tintingz(m): 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Mr. Taiwo, you have no theistic value as you are an atheist! So...your thought process holds no water!
You are not in authority to discredit other people scriptures.

If you want to play the appeal to authority fallacy then game on.

11 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:59am On Mar 03, 2019
tintingz:
You are not in authority to discredit other people scriptures.

If you want to play the appeal to authority fallacy then game on.

Its funny you don't believe in any scripture but choose to argue incessantly on what you don't believe it. Please what's your stress?
Are you tired of hiding in a Muslim home as an atheist?

Rhetoric! Needs no reply.

4 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by tintingz(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Its funny you don't believe in any scripture but choose to argue incessantly on what you don't believe it. Please what's your stress?
Are you tired of hiding in a Muslim home as an atheist?

Rhetoric! Needs no reply.
I'm criticizing your post, it has nothing to do with my position!

I'm telling you, you're not in authority to discredit other people's scriptures, no one has the authority to discredit people's scriptures. Present your logical argument with evidence that makes you think other scriptures are false not this your empty claims.

You claiming because of your scripture therefore other scriptures are false or faulty, that's like a post hoc fallacy.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
tintingz:

I'm telling you, you're not in authority to discredit other people's scriptures, no one has the authority to discredit people's scriptures. Present your logical argument with evidence that makes you think other scriptures are false not this your empty claims.

You claiming because of your scripture therefore other scriptures are false or faulty, that's like a post hoc fallacy.

Don't worry, na me dey waste my time dey prolong matter. You are always desiring spacious argument! Any comments from you will be deleted. Now you see most of us not even answering you anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by tintingz(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Don't worry, na me dey waste my time dey prolong matter. You are always desiring spacious argument! Any comments from you will be deleted. Now you see most of us not even answering you anymore.
Nonsense.

I will like to know what justification will make my comments be deleted.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by true2god: 8:13am On Mar 04, 2019
tintingz:

The guy is so funny. It is like telling someone that my mother is the best cook. What evidence do I have? My mother told me so and I believed because she never lied and a god told her she is the best cook. This is the reasoning and the logic the OP is using. There is no any critical or logical reason that led to that conclusion except what his OWN scripture told him.

That's straw man!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by win3k: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2019
No evidence of Allah existing let alone writing koran, it was written by a terrorist named Muhammad.
Over 100 verses asking muslims to slaughter non believers and you say someone higher than the rapist pedophile Muhammad wrote it

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by APCsupporter: 9:42am On Mar 08, 2019
Masha Allah. Very soon the people with the self contradictory book will come here to start throwing insults as expected

1 Like

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by APCsupporter: 9:43am On Mar 08, 2019
tintingz:
I don't know which word to use for his and other Muslims delusion, their evidences are subjective, egoistic and irrational, a bias one for that matter.

I wrote a book in a secret cave, came out that god said I'm the last prophet and this book is the true and last book and every other book and religion are false, that's some serious delusion!

Anybody can do this, people have been claiming this and they are still doing it till date. If someone do this today they will be the people to call such person psychotic.

I am glad that yiu have finally admitted that you are no longer a muslim. Good riddance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Omololu2121: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2019
Some of what is in the Quran was copied from the Bible.

Some of what is in the Bible was copied from the Torah

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Predator1: 9:48am On Mar 08, 2019
A DIVINE REVELATION �
Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by hassan4: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2019
This is a repentant Muslim spreading the gospel and running for his life. Most Muslims only know one way of worship. When they find truth in the Bible, they change their opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n37h6hyS1U

11 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Rickiedee(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2019
APCsupporter:

What about jehova having non-consensual sex with biblican Mary?

What about the gory acts if your god in the old testaments? lol

Is it the Jehovah that is greater than Allah, and paedophilic madhamet?

3 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Lakside1955(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2019
القرآن هو نور فوق نور

3 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Jacknn: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2019
tintingz:
1. There's nothing miraculous about the Quran, it's filled with copied ancient myths and fairytales, the Quran is poorly written, claiming it can't be rewrite is just an egoistic and fallacious statement. There are more well written books like Harry Potter, Lord of the Ring, Game of thrones etc.

2. Another fallacy by claiming the Quran is the last scripture and Muhammad is the last prophet, these are cognitive bias, egoistic and delusional belief. There are many scriptures and people claiming to be prophet after Muhammad. The Quran is not in authority to make that claim by discrediting other scriptures and prophets.

3. Unfortunately Allah has not been able to guide his worshipers from diversity, he's more interested in protecting a book than his worshipers. And secondly how do you expect someone to replicate the Quran when such person will be killed? A statement with a threat.

4. Your number 4th statement is a lie.

5. Again the Quran has no authority to discredit other scriptures, if you want to play the authority game then game on.

Mumu,u talk like a kid,back up ur statements or go and do research about islam bfore u start talking rubbish..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by Bigblogman(m): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2019
Islam has always been about dominance, read the English version of the quran and you will see how empty, contradictory and vein that it is. Don’t be deceived by the delightful sounds of recitation, it is well proven that Mohamed copied from the Aramaic Christians, which is still practice even today by the Coptic and orthodox.

There is nothing original in your book (copy and paste), nothing to drive your spirit. It’s all about the flesh, superiority, complex, fight for god (jihad). No wonder you as a Muslim reading this feel so empty inside. take off that garment of limitation (Islam) off your shoulder and turn to Christ the only true God. The One who is, and who will reign even for evermore. Amen.

He came to this world not to preach religion but to bring The Light to man, because he is The Light, the Way and the Truth. He gave Himself for the redemption of your soul, so that if you believe in Him eternal life is yours. You don’t have to labor for God, rather He wants to redeem your soul for free. Come to Christ Jesus, the One who died for my sins and your sins. He loves you more than the human mind can comprehend. Take a moment and ask Him to show you the way, tell him to reveal himself to you, but you must put off your pride first. Come to Him as a child who needs food and He will feed you and Deliver you from all oppression of the past. Jesus Loves you it doesn’t matter what you have done just call on His name. He will surely answer you. Peace

21 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by win3k: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2019
APCsupporter:

another primitive 6th century mentality rag head muslim abi?
Jehovah = God (aka a spirit, aka Allah) - had sex with Mary?
I can see why idiots like you believe in 72 virgin for suicide bombing.

Muhammad was very forthcoming about his rape of female prisoners and pedophilia - he boasted about it openly!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by XaviDayo(m): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2019
Why do I have to agree that Mohd is bla bla bla before I can comment here. Meanwhile.....on Sundays. ..loads of Christian topics get flooded by folks who have no business with tge topic.

Meanwhile.....this topic is just a way of causing unnecessary bad blood. Quran get influence for Muslims place ....end of story.

Leave others with their faith books and let peace reign.

Crappy topic

10 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by apelike1: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Allah, The Almighty, revealed the Qur'an to be His last, all-embracing Scripture containing the final manifestation of the Divine Law. This necessitates that it has to be safeguarded from the mischievous hands of men and from all corruption. This protection has been a reality from the time the Qur'an was revealed until today and will remain so forever. It contains no additions or deletions. It has reached us by so many chains of transmission that it is impossible for them to have conspired on a lie. It has been recorded and memorized innumerable times.

There has been no change in its text over time, not even in a single letter. Some of those who have committed it to memory cannot speak Arabic; nevertheless, they recite it exactly as it was revealed.

Allah has guaranteed the preservation of the Qura'nic text, as He, the Most Exalted, Says (what means): "Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian." [Qur'an 15:9]

Allah also Says (what means): "And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." [Qur'an 6: 115]

As for the previous Scriptures, they were for a limited duration of time. Allah gave human beings the responsibility of preserving them, and they lost them through corruption, alteration, and concealment. Allah Says (what means):

"Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah, and they were witnesses thereto." [Qur'an 5:44]
In the Qur'an, Allah Almighty informs us that the Torah was changed; He Says (what means):

"So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn." [Qur'an 2:79]
Being the final, all-encompassing and preserved against any change, the Islamic Law abrogated all the previous Scriptures which sustained human interpolations. Abrogation generally takes place with regards to secondary matters of law. As for fundamental principles, like the Oneness of Allah, The Most Exalted, the prohibition of idolatry, and the fundamentals of worship – matters that form the basic call of all the Messengers, may Allah exalt their mention, they are not subject to abrogation.

The Law that came with Prophet 'Eesa (Jesus) may Allah exalt his mention abrogated part of the Law that came with Moosa (Moses) may Allah exalt his mention. Relating the words of Prophet 'Eesa may Allah exalt his mention to the Children of Israel, Almighty Allah Says (what means): "And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Torah and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you…" [Qur'an 3:50]

The Islamic Law is lasting, remaining suitable for every place and time, and embracing the goodness of the previous manifestations of the Law. Allah Says (what means): “And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it." [Qur'an 5:48]

The Qur'an is different from the previous Scriptures in the following respects:

(1) The Qur'an is miraculous and inimitable. Nothing similar to it can be produced by human beings. Allah challenged both humans and jinn to produce the like of the Qur'an, as in the verse (which means): "Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants." [Qur'an 17:88]

He, The Almighty, further challenged the disbelievers among the Arabs to produce even one chapter similar to the Quranic chapters, Saying (what means): "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a chapter the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful." [Qur'an 2:23]

(2) After the Qur'an, no more Scriptures will be revealed by Allah. Just as the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) is the last Prophet, the Qur'an is the last Scripture.

(3) Allah has taken it upon Himself to protect the Qur'an from alteration, to safeguard it from corruption, and to preserve it from distortion (as stated in the meaning of [Qur'an 15:9] previously quoted. On the other hand, the previous Scriptures suffered alteration and distortion and did not remain in their originally revealed form (as mentioned above in [Qur'an 4:46]).

(4) The Qur'an, for one, confirms early Scriptures and, for another, is a trustworthy witness over them [Qur'an 5:48].

(5) The Qur'an abrogates them, meaning it cancels the rulings of the previous Scriptures and renders them inapplicable. The Law of the old
Scriptures is no longer applicable; the previous rulings have been abrogated with the new Law of Islam.

Accordingly, Allah does not accept any religion except Islam as a way to His Pleasure, as He Says (what means):

"And whoever desires other than Islam as religion never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers." [Qur'an 3:85]

Source
Islam always try so hard to prove their fake book undecided

Islam are always jealous of we Christian because them can see the overflowing power of the believer's authority in us grin

Just look at what is happening around the world! Islam try to eradicate us but them keep eradicating themselves grin

Give your life to Christ Jesus and come to the light.

Leave that demonic book aside

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by isram: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2019
one man sat down wrote all these rules, thereby making women slaves, imagine women dressing like ninjas in hot weather while the men wear whatever they like. rubbish

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by XaviDayo(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2019
When the Quran uses the word "We".....

Abeg na who be We biko

7 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by JohnFrankling(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2019
Mtcheew, delusion of the highest order.

4 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by apelike1: 10:11am On Mar 08, 2019
APCsupporter:

didn't Muhammed said he rape Aisha when she was 8 yrs undecided

Why is Muhammed having non consensual sex with 8yrs old Aisha?

13 Likes

Re: Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures by sakaguchi(m): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2019
Hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Perform Tahajjud / An-nikkah (Marriage): A Soft Admonition To Our Sisters / My Heroes: The Companions Of The Prophet:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.