Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,529 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President (11882 Views)

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC / Ogun Group Petitions IGP On Release Of Vehicles Seized From Amosun's Supporters / PDP: We Must Rescue Ogun From The Claws Of Abiodun’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by ambivert27(f): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oshiomhole's handiwork. No Matter how hard he tried, he has no place in ogun state.

Even for im state, he no get mouth. Mumu man

3 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Ogunworkers: 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
gabolak:
The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has said it must rescue Ogun workers from some alleged anti-labour practices of the state governor, Mr Ibikunle Amosun.

Mr Ayuba Wabba, the NLC President, made the position of the congress known in a statement on Friday night in Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that there has been a confrontation between the state governor and the leadership of NLC over non-payment of workers’ salaries and arrears and the recent sack of the NLC state chairman by the governor.

The NLC leadership also accused Amosun of non-remittance of statutory deductions from workers’ salaries and his refusal to pay gratuities of retired state and local government workers since 2013.

Wabba said NLC was prepared for a showdown with the governor if attempts were made to “disgrace the NLC” during its rescheduled March 5, protest in the state, as reportedly threatened by him.

He said the decision to ‘confront and tackle’ Amosun had already been taken by the NLC at its 12th National Delegates Conference and that there was no going back on it.

“The leadership of the NLC has taken cognisance of a statement credited to the Gov. of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, where he threatened to disgrace the leadership of the NLC if the Congress insists on embarking on a protest scheduled for Tuesday March 5, 2019 in Ogun State.

“This was reported by Premium Times on 1st March 2019 and other platforms. Our position is that The Nigeria Labour Congress has taken note of the threat by Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

“But we want to assure him that his threats will not deter us from defending the interest of workers in Ogun State whose rights he has been trampling upon.

” This is especially on the following issues: the non-remittance of statutory deductions from workers’ salaries for pensions, cooperative, ileya, Christmas etc. over a period of one hundred and five (105) months,” he said.

He said that Amosun had refused to pay salary arrears of workers at the Tai Solarin College of Education, according to him, which has accumulated for the past ten years and now grosses to a financial liability of about N9 billion.

“To make matters worse, Governor Amosun sacked the Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress from his employment for standing firm in the defence of the rights of workers in Ogun State.

“The issues we have highlighted are too grievous to be swept under the carpet, therefore, the decision of the 12th National Delegates Conference of the NLC to confront and engage Governor Amosun will be carried out to the letter on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.

“We are not unmindful of the fact that even Amosun’s political party has complained of his penchant to violently disgrace other spheres of leadership outside his control and sometimes beyond him.
“We are not unmindful of the fact that Governor Amosun’s hostility to Nigerian workers is primarily a transfer of aggression"
” Our confidence stems from the protection and guarantees provided by Section 40 of the 1999 Constitution, which gives workers and indeed all Nigerians the freedom to peaceful assembly and protest,” he said.

While insiting on the scheduled protest, Wabba added that “All that the law requires us to do is to inform the police and relevant security agencies.
“This we have done. We are ready to peacefully protest the grievous mistreatment of our workers in the hands of Governor Ibikunle Amosun on 5th March 2019.
“We want to warn Governor Amosun that we will hold him personally responsible for any harm that comes to any worker during our protest on March 5, 2019.
“We want to remind Governor Amosun that he has already trampled workers on the ground and those who are down need fear no fall.
“We wish to alert our security agencies to Governor Amosun’s resort to violent threats.
“We assure him that his immunity cover will soon be removed and he must be ready to answer for his crimes against workers.

“The NLC can assure Ibikunle Amosun that we will continue to engage him even after he would have been sworn in as a Senator in Abuja.
“We wish to state that we unequivocally stand with the press statement recently released by our state council on this issue.
“We urge all our state councils especially those from the contiguous states to Ogun State – Lagos, Oyo, Osun states who are already fully mobilised for the protest not to be sacred one bit by the threats by Governor Ibikunle Amosun. We have dared and won worse tyrants,” Wabba said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/we-must-rescue-ogun-workers-from-amosun-nlc-president/amp/

We are fully ready.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Yezzy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
Xisnin:

NLC didn't fight Buhari for minimum wage.
They didn't fight Aregbe for owing 13 months salaries.
Now, they want to fight Amosun who is not owing workers' salaries.
This is nothing but a political charade organized by Oshiomole.

First I need to ask you your state of residency before I'll pass my judgement
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by bornwealth2981(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Xisnin:

if you don't know what's going on in Ogun state just keep quiet. Either it is politically motivated or not, Ogun state workers are really suffering under Amosun's government and God will punish him and his generation.

4 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by bornwealth2981(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
Xisnin:

if you don't know what's going on in Ogun state just keep quiet. Either it is politically motivated or not, Ogun state workers are really suffering under Amosun's government and God will punish him and his generation for that
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
gabolak:
The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has said it must rescue Ogun workers from some alleged anti-labour practices of the state governor, Mr Ibikunle Amosun.

Mr Ayuba Wabba, the NLC President, made the position of the congress known in a statement on Friday night in Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that there has been a confrontation between the state governor and the leadership of NLC over non-payment of workers’ salaries and arrears and the recent sack of the NLC state chairman by the governor.

The NLC leadership also accused Amosun of non-remittance of statutory deductions from workers’ salaries and his refusal to pay gratuities of retired state and local government workers since 2013.

Wabba said NLC was prepared for a showdown with the governor if attempts were made to “disgrace the NLC” during its rescheduled March 5, protest in the state, as reportedly threatened by him.

He said the decision to ‘confront and tackle’ Amosun had already been taken by the NLC at its 12th National Delegates Conference and that there was no going back on it.

“The leadership of the NLC has taken cognisance of a statement credited to the Gov. of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, where he threatened to disgrace the leadership of the NLC if the Congress insists on embarking on a protest scheduled for Tuesday March 5, 2019 in Ogun State.

“This was reported by Premium Times on 1st March 2019 and other platforms. Our position is that The Nigeria Labour Congress has taken note of the threat by Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

“But we want to assure him that his threats will not deter us from defending the interest of workers in Ogun State whose rights he has been trampling upon.

” This is especially on the following issues: the non-remittance of statutory deductions from workers’ salaries for pensions, cooperative, ileya, Christmas etc. over a period of one hundred and five (105) months,” he said.

He said that Amosun had refused to pay salary arrears of workers at the Tai Solarin College of Education, according to him, which has accumulated for the past ten years and now grosses to a financial liability of about N9 billion.

“To make matters worse, Governor Amosun sacked the Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress from his employment for standing firm in the defence of the rights of workers in Ogun State.

“The issues we have highlighted are too grievous to be swept under the carpet, therefore, the decision of the 12th National Delegates Conference of the NLC to confront and engage Governor Amosun will be carried out to the letter on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.

“We are not unmindful of the fact that even Amosun’s political party has complained of his penchant to violently disgrace other spheres of leadership outside his control and sometimes beyond him.
“We are not unmindful of the fact that Governor Amosun’s hostility to Nigerian workers is primarily a transfer of aggression"
” Our confidence stems from the protection and guarantees provided by Section 40 of the 1999 Constitution, which gives workers and indeed all Nigerians the freedom to peaceful assembly and protest,” he said.

While insiting on the scheduled protest, Wabba added that “All that the law requires us to do is to inform the police and relevant security agencies.
“This we have done. We are ready to peacefully protest the grievous mistreatment of our workers in the hands of Governor Ibikunle Amosun on 5th March 2019.
“We want to warn Governor Amosun that we will hold him personally responsible for any harm that comes to any worker during our protest on March 5, 2019.
“We want to remind Governor Amosun that he has already trampled workers on the ground and those who are down need fear no fall.
“We wish to alert our security agencies to Governor Amosun’s resort to violent threats.
“We assure him that his immunity cover will soon be removed and he must be ready to answer for his crimes against workers.

“The NLC can assure Ibikunle Amosun that we will continue to engage him even after he would have been sworn in as a Senator in Abuja.
“We wish to state that we unequivocally stand with the press statement recently released by our state council on this issue.
“We urge all our state councils especially those from the contiguous states to Ogun State – Lagos, Oyo, Osun states who are already fully mobilised for the protest not to be sacred one bit by the threats by Governor Ibikunle Amosun. We have dared and won worse tyrants,” Wabba said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/we-must-rescue-ogun-workers-from-amosun-nlc-president/amp/

I support the stance of the NLC. Amosu has used greed to ruin the good name he made during his first tenure . My parents live in ijebu one of the most deprived area suffering from the neglect of his administration, even those places (Abeokuta, Sango-ota, Agbara etc) that benefitted from his infrastructural projects are lamenting due to abandonment.
This remittance issue is a very complicated thing for the state civil servants. I guess that's why he ran to the senate, so that immunity would deter the incoming government from probing him . I sincerely hope our people would choose GNI over Triple A and PDP (those ones are not even serious)

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by momove4real25(f): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
Xisnin:

Amosun is not oweing salary but he owes more than salary. Many ppl loves saving n savings taking difrent forms. U might decided to collect ur full salary and do traditional method of savings called ajo, Isuzu etc. Or u do cooperative thrift savings which will be removed bfre ur balance is sent to bank. As I am I joined service in 2006 n I av bin saving just to ensure I studied. I started cooperatives with 4k from salary of 7k as a junior worker messenger den. I increased my cooperative to 32k just to ensure I further my education to be in a senior level. Amosun deducted this fr 26 months without enabling me get loan to do whatever I needed it for. Also, there is embargo on it that one can only increase deduction but one cannot reduce it. No Governor have right to delve hands into workers deduction because they decided to save it for whatever they needed it for. Amosun has done his best as a Govnor in moving Ogun state forward n kudos to him for that. But he sudnt use my salary deduction for d improvement of the state. My question to u now is can u work for govt with peanut as take home while one govnor spends ur deducted savings?

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by pastormellanby: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
It seems a lot of people on nairaland are jobless someone in aba will be telling you what is going on in ogun state I don't expect any sensible person to reason like a chicken. If they are owning workers deduction from several months and they didn't pay and the governor is using it to sponsor his preferred candidates, or someone that collected 10,000 naira from unemployed youth they wrote several exams for over a year new, they are still waiting for the list or a sitting governor that sacked NLC chairman of a state because of workers protest, so everything is politically motivated. So people reason through their nose

5 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by SEGLIZ: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
Ayomosix:

u better shut up there, u dnt even knw wot u are saying, me that stay and live in ogun is api abt the NLC movement and u dat doesn't knw anything is saying he's not owing workers. for the fact that he doesn't owe any of ur family members doesn't mean he doesn't owe. rubbish

you meant to shut up, I equally stay in ogun, abeokuta precisely. workers in ogun are more of a cult and a self made political party.
bunch of criminals in the union even worse than the ones in government.
your protest is pure political, his name is already written in gold in the heart of the good people of ogun state no matter your dirty move.

4 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
AND THIS SAME OGUN WORKERS VOTE IN BUHARI AND AMOSUN AS SENATE, YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING IN OGUN STATE..

IF YOU LIKE VOTE FOR AKINLADE THE ANOINTED MAN OF AMOSUN

ENJOY YOUR NEXT LEVEL GOOD PEOPLE OF OGUN STATE

2 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Enniez2018(m): 6:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
AND THIS SAME OGUN WORKERS VOTE IN BUHARI AND AMOSUN AS SENATE, YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING IN OGUN STATE..

IF YOU LIKE VOTE FOR AKINLADE THE ANOINTED MAN OF AMOSUN

ENJOY YOUR NEXT LEVEL GOOD PEOPLE OF OGUN STATE
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by paito: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
Xisnin:

Are you living in Ogun state or close to a civil servant in the state
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Ogunworkers: 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
No matter what you people say, amosun and his candidates must go.
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
But wait o, in all of this face off btw Amosun and CS, I still don't know why I keep liking him... could it be because each time I go home, I see new things happening in terms of infrastructure?

Could it be that the 'fight' is truly political considering the recent fisticuffs among the bigwigs in political scene in the state.

Whatever it is, Amosun, as for me remains the best!

2 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by vision2050: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
17 months cooperative deduction, some workers use 50% of their earning for cooperative, pension contribution since 7 years ago, gratuity since 2013, leave bonus since 2015, workers promotion since 2016. He should pay all these and he will become the most friendly Governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by vision2050: 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
SEGLIZ:

you meant to shut up, I equally stay in ogun, abeokuta precisely. workers in ogun are more of a cult and a self made political party.
bunch of criminals in the union even worse than the ones in government.
your protest is pure political, his is already written in gold in the heart of the good people of ogun state no matter your dirty move.
shut up there, either political or non political. All the allegations are true. Amosun portray civil servants bad in the state and people believe it. He should pay all what he owe and you see the workers singing a new song. How can you owe me and spend heavily on mission impossible and you think I will love you.
The money spend lavishly on Akinlade mandate can pay half if not all the workers deduction.
He turns workers to beggar and you think they will love him?

3 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by Id20noble(m): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
ayomilore:
This waba is a disgrace to labour union.
Real battle he will not fight.
Labour union has turned to something else under his leadership.
...hmmm...only if you were a worker in Ogun state service...you would never have fathomed how evil someone could be and people ignorantly misinterpreting events...the protest is a life-saver honestly... We need to get our rights that have been denied us for almost 8years....just clarify by asking questions from those concerned as you'll understand better

2 Likes

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by asobo: 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Ayuba should watch his back. There are many States who aren't even paying #18,000 minimum wage. Where was he when Aregbe was paying in percentage same as other non paying governors
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by asobo: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
vision2050:
shut up there, either political or non political. All the allegations are true. Amosun portray civil servants bad in the state and people believe it. He should pay all what he owe and you see the workers singing a new song. How can you owe me and spend heavily on mission impossible and you think I will love you.
The money spend lavishly on Akinlade mandate can pay half if not all the workers deduction.

Something is wrong then, if Amosun could still be voted in as senator while they good people of Oyo rejected Ajimobi
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by asobo: 9:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
pastormellanby:
It seems a lot of people on nairaland are jobless someone in aba will be telling you what is going on in ogun state I don't expect any sensible person to reason like a chicken. If they are owning workers deduction from several months and they didn't pay and the governor is using it to sponsor his preferred candidates, or someone that collected 10,000 naira from unemployed youth they wrote several exams for over a year new, they are still waiting for the list or a sitting governor that sacked NLC chairman of a state because of workers protest, so everything is politically motivated. So people reason through their nose
Why are you more concerned about those from Aba, I am from the north. Why now, since 2011 and you just spoke out now. If he could win his senatorial election with all these allegations, the same way you people insult those who are not comfortable with Buhari carry your cross. People are comfortable with him if he could win senatorial election. Ote gee to NLC
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by SEGLIZ: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
vision2050:

my main challenge with you civil servants in ogun is, you guys behave like you know it all better exposed where as you are not particularly those of you in abeokuta.
ewá sora yín dí Wycliffe kale, eso ise ijoba di àwáàló. is he as worse as osoba or gbenga? Amosun didn't paint you guys bad you guys are just too local forming local champ.
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by omoteacher(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Over greed and wickedness are the hall mark of our polithievians. With all the excess Governor security vote unaccountable money na to still dey still from civil servants. They are all Wike(d).
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by neyop85(m): 2:00am On Mar 03, 2019
Good move, Amosun's disregard for worker's welfare is beyond imaginations. I don't know what gives him the confidence that he can leave office without paying workers their money.
Taking pictures with the president and trying to form padi with Buhari wouldn't save him. Amosun must pay Ogun workers their money. 8 years cooperative savings? Amosun made sure the workers couldn't opt out, what this means is that most workers who are members of the cooperative have been receiving half pay or less for 8 yrs, the remaining are in cooperative wallet which Amosun has used in building a mansion in Ibarra GRA.
Amosun's fake showoff relationship with the president will not save him, the only thing that can save him from EFCC is if he offsets all his debts, the evidence against him are enormous even Mr. President will not intervene.
Amosun will be jailed and his mansion sealed off. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by kayusely70(m): 2:13am On Mar 03, 2019
The man is very wicked and callous, he collected Paris fund, budget support and other facilities but refused to pay workers entitlements and pensioners gratuity, using it to campaign for Akinlade his stooge, thunder fire him.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by vision2050: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:

my main challenge with you civil servants in ogun is, you guys behave like you know it all better exposed where as you are not particularly those of you in abeokuta.
ewá sora yín dí Wycliffe kale, eso ise ijoba di àwáàló. is he as worse as osoba or gbenga? Amosun didn't paint you guys bad you guys are just too local forming local champ.
Just tell him to pay the dues. How can he stole our money and you want us to sing praises of him?
I don't care if he is worse of Osoba or Daniel.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by vision2050: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Just tell him to pay the dues. How can he stole our money and you want us to sing praises of him?
I don't care if he is worse of Osoba or Daniel.....
Re: We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President by vision2050: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2019
asobo:
Something is wrong then, if Amosun could still be voted in as senator while they good people of Oyo rejected Ajimobi
PDP house is divided beyond repair in Ogun state that gave amosun luxury to win Senate seat.
PDP is divided into 4
PDP 1 - Senator Kashamu
PDP 2 - Hon. Ladi
ADP - Hon Dimeji Bankole
ADC - GNI
all this people are one united family before but ego and selfish interest split the force which Amosun is riding upon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, USTDA Sign $1.1m Grant For Abuja Independent Power Project / Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Visits School Of Abducted Students In Kagara / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates New Enugu State Multi-Door Courthouse Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.