Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC (12025 Views)

Peter Obi Free To Visit My Palace - Oba Of Lagos / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Bobloco: 6:48am On Apr 07
The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress has vowed not to rest until it unseat Julius Abure as national chairman of the Labour Party.

Disclosing this in an interview with Sunday PUNCH, the NLC spokesman, Benson Upah, said that despite the ‘illegal’ national convention that returned Abure to office, the union would never confer legitimacy or give recognition to his leadership.

He said, “Our position on this matter is clear and has not changed. Abure remains unknown to us. It is not a question of removal. As far as we know, he does not exist.”

The development is coming at a time when a group of retired workers under the aegis of Lagos Assembly of Labour Veterans and Trade Unionists also called for the resignation of the embattled national chairman of the party and the NLC President, Joe Ajaero, over their contentious leadership struggle.

The party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, also seems to be at loggerheads with the leadership of the LP over the manner it conducted the convention in Nnewi, Anambra State, despite his plea for wider consultation.

The former Anambra governor had expressed his frustrations at an X (formerly Twitter) Space session organised by Parallel Facts last Friday night.

While explaining his absence at the national convention that got Julius Abure re-elected as the party’s national chairman, Obi told his audience that he didn’t attend the event because the party’s leadership failed to heed his appeal for wider consultation with relevant stakeholders before the exercise.

His speech has since set tongues wagging and further fuelled earlier speculations that the LP presidential candidate may have started shopping for a new platform despite being guaranteed the 2027 ticket at the convention.

But Upah said the issue of whether Obi should stay or leave the party should not be debated, saying the former governor was free to determine his destiny.

According to him, the NLC cannot stand in the way of the presidential candidate should he decide to defect to another political platform.

While describing him as an asset, the spokesman reiterated that the congress would not stand in his way if he chose to leave.

“The right of choice is available to Mr Obi. If he chooses to leave the party, that is his preference. We can’t sit in judgment over him on that. But if he chooses to remain, of course, Peter Obi is an asset any day. I rest my case on that,” he added.

https://punchng.com/obi-free-to-leave-lp-says-nlc/?amp

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Igb0sCriminals: 6:54am On Apr 07
Hehehe

NLC should kukuma turn to political party.

If Obi leaves Labour Party, where next is he taking his badluck to?

N100 airtime for anybody who will predict this correctly.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Arobaga: 6:55am On Apr 07
He would leave

Obi no like wuru wuru

The entire PH and all south south love you so much our Obi

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by DMerciful(m): 6:56am On Apr 07
Don't read the headline only, its not what is contained therein
esije:
Should NLC have a political affiliation ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by fuckJones(f): 7:01am On Apr 07
obi should return to apga

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by PlasmaTV: 7:13am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

If Obi leaves Labour Party, where next is he taking his bad luck to?

Poverty has eaten deep into your soul. Imagine boasting over #100 because of your hatred for a billionaire. Poverty na bastard.

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by VinnyBaba: 7:20am On Apr 07
Hehehe.

Druggie tinibu Pon the beat.🙂

He has finally DESTROYED NLC and other supposedly Independent institutions.

The Man Sabi Politics Sha, I have to say.🤨

He uses TRIBALISM, PROPAGANDA, BRIBERY, RELIGION and most especially, LIES as his weapons.😊🙂

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by slivertongue: 7:20am On Apr 07
if he chooses to remain, of course, Peter Obi is an asset any day.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by clarocuzioo(m): 7:22am On Apr 07
kk
Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by VinnyBaba: 7:26am On Apr 07
DMerciful:
Don't read the headline only, its not what is contained therein

He asked a Valid Question.😏

Since I started following Nigerian Politics in the last 1990's,
I have never seen where NLC left their Constitutional role of Fighting for Workers to getting involved in a roforofo fight with a Political party.🙁😒

Tinibu indeed deserve a Round of Applause! 🤨🙂

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by DMerciful(m): 7:43am On Apr 07
He edited is comment before i could finish quoting him
VinnyBaba:

I have never seen where NLC left their Constitutional role of Fighting for Workers to getting involved in a roforofo fight with a Political party.🙁😒

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by victorclean(f): 7:47am On Apr 07
This group of people are from Lagos chapter , sponsored by Bobo Chicago. It's evident that this retired logs of dead wood betrayers in lagos are doing their best to link others to spew thrash. Those with dead political career and popularity are trying hard to use Obi to rise up like Reno, Bwala etc, and onanuga is justifying his relevancy in government using PO.etc.

I WISH I CAN HAVE A DESTINY LIKE OBI. TWALE BABA

Obi is really giving ebinpawarians huge headaches. All their energy is on Obi.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by ElSudani: 7:49am On Apr 07
Things fall apart.

They told us they were going to fix Nigeria. They can't even fix themselves.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by tuoyoojo(m): 8:01am On Apr 07
I dont not see staying in a particular party as a do or die affair. A political party is only a political tool or vehicle go get to one's destination

L.P was virtually unknown in the 2023 presidential race until Peter obi came into their fold.

What people need is dividend of good governance not party affiliations.

Every contestant would promise alot before elections but the issue is that can you trust that person to have a human face while delivering his mandate. Would his policies favor the common man

Zulum was in APC and did very well in his first tenure despite most of his contemporaries failing, Makinde in PDP did well in his first tenure and is currently doing well. The guy in Abia had previously ran under APC but got his ticket now thru LP and is obviously working. So party affliction is nothing

Unfortunately, voters don't determine the winners in elections, the people that count votes does.

What is my concern is can you really trust the present inec

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by helinues: 8:12am On Apr 07
Toh
Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by helinues: 8:12am On Apr 07
ElSudani:
Things fall scatter apart.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by toneroforever(m): 8:13am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

Just like you predicted how much fuel, dollar, foodstuffs, electricity tarrif etc would cost while you were supporting the drug lord

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by toneroforever(m): 8:14am On Apr 07
tuoyoojo:
I dont not see political parties as a do or die affair. It is only a political tool or vehicle go get to one's destination

L.P was virtually unknown in the 2023 presidential race until Peter obi came into their fold.

What people need is dividend of good governance not party affiliations.

Zulum was in APC and did very well in his first tenure despite most of his contemporaries failing, Makinde in PDP did well in his first tenure and is currently doing well. The guy in Abia had previously ran under APC but got his ticket now thru LP and is obviously working. So party affliction is nothing

Unfortunately, voters don't determine the winners in elections, the people that count votes does.

What is my concern is can you really trust the present inec

Very true

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by richie240: 8:15am On Apr 07
Whether he stays or leaves is immaterial.
He's an asset to jagaban any day anytime.

Those who know, know.
cool
slivertongue:
if he chooses to remain, of course, Peter Obi is an asset any day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Hoelujohn: 8:26am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

He took his badluck to LP and they won governorship seat, senators , HORs and State assembly seats. The badluck also dismantled Tinubu rigging machine in Lagos during presidential election.
You truly need mental rehabilitation

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Tochj(m): 8:53am On Apr 07
NLC that has never organized any successful protest are now very active in destroying LP
Is God not wonderful?
Their target is Obi
Now it's obvious.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Tochj(m): 8:53am On Apr 07
NLC that has never organized any successful protest are now very active in destroying LP
Is God not wonderful?
Their target is Obi
Now it's obvious
They're on a mission
Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Ofunaofu: 9:27am On Apr 07
ElSudani:
Things fall apart.

Because of that, you throw your support to notorious narcotics drug traffickers, buccaneering power grabbers engaging in criminal state capture to turn a once Africa's largest economy into the world's largest IDP camp, where people now line up to collect rice, bread, and other palliatives.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by blacknp(m): 9:37am On Apr 07
VinnyBaba:

Hehehe.

Druggie tinibu Pon the beat.🙂

He has finally DESTROYED NLC and other supposedly Independent institutions.

The Man Sabi Politics Sha, I have to say.🤨

He uses TRIBALISM, PROPAGANDA, BRIBERY, RELIGION and most especially, LIES as his weapons.😊🙂
E be like say when you go sheet this morning, you forget your brain for toilet sit?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Think9ja(m): 9:47am On Apr 07
Obi na snitch normally.

Snitched APGA and Ojukwu, snitched PDP and Atiku, he already snitched on Abure. Now he's about to snitch on LP.

The only thing holding the idiot now is "what will people say?"

What I sha know is Gringory Agulu will never see the gates of Aso Rock.

Last last Tinubu will just appoint him as SSA to the president on statistical matters and china affairs.

Dude is so clueless on governance and politics.

Very useless man walahi

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Basic123: 10:45am On Apr 07
VinnyBaba:

It all started from here...that time,Obidients don't have any problem with NLC

By the way,shouldn't Obidients go and apologize to APAPA now that they and their foolish boss OBI who used to kiss Abure ass are now also fighting Abure

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by AcadaWriter: 11:12am On Apr 07
politician should return to apga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by Dittodat: 4:21pm On Apr 07
And go where grin

The YES DADDY religious fanatical political prostitute is lost in the wilderness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC by DMerciful(m): 4:21pm On Apr 07
Obi is the only political discussion point for now!

A new Nigeria is POssible!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Falls On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Berger Axis / Defection: PDP To INEC, Declare Dariye’s Seat Vacant / N2bn Fraud: Buhari Didn't Invite Maina Home - Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.