Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid (798 Views)

Hon. Omosede Igbinedion Aka "PDP Chop I Chop" Loses Her Seat (Video) / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" / Prince Alexander Akenzua 9th Birthday: Omosede Igbinedion Gifts Son Wristwatch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by TeeeVeeee: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hon. Omosede Igbinedion is the daughter of Sir Gabriel (Esama of Benin) and Lady Cherry Igbinedion. 37-year-old Omosede is the outgoing House of Representatives member representing Ovia South/West-Ovia North/East Federal Constituency - she lost her re-election bid on 23rd February 2019 during the National Assembly election. 38-year-old Dennis Idahosa of the All Progressives Congress(APC) defeated Omosede.

Using her verified Instagram page to speak on her loss to Idahosa, Omosede Igbinedion in a post titled 'What Hope Is There For The Nigerian Woman?' said: "More worrisome than the outright electoral fraud and intimidation that led to my mandate being stolen, I am deeply saddened by the dire threat to women's already limited place in a deteriorated Democracy. Women only had 6.4 % representation in the 2015 administration, a regression from the President Goodluck Johnathan’s 33% in accordance with the global affirmative action quota of 35%.

"Women deserve to have their needs represented by someone who truly understands them, women deserve the opportunity to participate in the political space and occupy a seat at the decision-making table. To the young women in Ovia and Nigeria at large, whether in an official capacity or not, I shall continue to fight for us and champion our issues, as the late Kofi Annan rightly stated: “There is no development strategy more beneficial to society as a whole-women and men alike- than the one that involves women as central players” I am proud to be the first woman to ever go to the House of Representatives from Edo State and the youngest woman in the 8th Assembly. Women lets ask for more, we deserve more."

https://enewsnigeria.com/omosede-igbinedion-speaks-on-losing-her-re-election-bid/

Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by Afamed: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
Wailing wailer, Election that's not won by PDP is rigged while the one they won is free and fair

1 Like

Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
Who is from her constituency? Any project? I know her to be very out spoken and connected.
Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by yipata: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
This is another profitable #OTOGE.
Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
She was bulied and rig out of the election. I pray she stick with PDP and reclaim her mandate in 2023

1 Like

Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by okosodo: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
She was rigged out
Re: Omosede Igbinedion Speaks On Losing Her Re-election Bid by Omonken: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
Omosede, Omosede, Omosede and Omosede.
Don't give up the fight. We love you and we are for you. Just go back to your planning board.

(1) (Reply)

Ugwauyi Umahi Ikpeazu All Failed The Igbos / Lagos Poll: Why I Lost To Sanwo-olu - Agbaje / Rivers Election: Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot, Issues Powerful Warning To INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.