|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,965,215 members, 7,196,170 topics. Date: Friday, 02 December 2022 at 12:14 AM
South Africa And Nigerian public University Tuition Fee / Upsa- Ghana, West Africa's Prettiest Public University Campus / Mudashir Abiru: The Death Of The Private Vs Public University Debate (2) (3) (4)
|How To Write Your MBA/MSC Research Proposal In A Nigerian Public University by gr8tness(m): 2:14am On Mar 03, 2019|
For most Master’s Degree students, thesis writing is challenging especially where the university fails to provide the right guidance on the formatting and appropriate details for the proposal. Most students prefer to follow the conventional style of copy and paste without really understanding what it is but for your own good, you should really know the approach to thesis writing because it will contribute to your career advancement.
Now what is a research proposal? It is simply an action document that describes your motivation, drive and orientation for the research. Your supervisor is expected to assess this document to determine whether you are on the right track with your research or not.
In the Nigerian Public Universities, there is a general outline for a research proposal. This includes;
1. The Introduction or Background of the Study: with just three to four paragraphs, you can describe the context, key issues and concepts which forms the basis for your researchhttps://education.seattlepi.com/stepbystep-background-study-thesis-1626.html.
2. The Problem Statement: this could also be phrased as the “statement of problem”https://www.editage.com/insights/the-basics-of-writing-a-statement-of-the-problem-for-your-research-proposal where you are supposed to justify the need for your research by describing the issues you have observed that warrants your research.
3. The Research Objectives: here, you are to identify your main objectives and specific objectives. This should not be a long list of your wishes but it should be about three to four objectives that are specific, measurable, realistic and generally SMART https://www.trace.com/genealogists/2013/02/smart-research-objectives/.
4. Research Question: based on your objectives, form a research question https://writingcenter.gmu.edu/guides/how-to-write-a-research-question for each specific research question using the “what”, “how”, “why” or other question formats.
5. Literature Review: in about two pages, you should be able to provide insight into the conceptual theme you are researching on and demonstrate some of the views that has been advanced from the standpoint of other scholars. You may identify relevant theories that would backup your research at this point to enhance your literature reviewhttps://library.concordia.ca/help/writing/literature-review.php. It is recommended that you review at least 10 credible papers at this point.
6. Research Methodology: you are expected to succinctly describe your research methodology, the research design, population and sampling technique etc. keep your research methodologyhttps://www.wikihow.com/Write-Research-Methodology section short, detailed and justified.
7. Conclusion: based on the foregoing, you can now discuss in summary what your research seeks to do and how it would contribute to the academia and to the chosen sector.
You cannot actually do a good research proposalhttps://honors.ucf.edu/thesis-proposal-examples-2/ without reviewing literature. I mean, good journals that would be supportive and convincing to your approach. Of course, every claims you make needs to be justified with proper citation and make sure you do not plagiarize.
Since 2013, Ibrics Research has been involved in Research Proposal Content Development for most public universitieshttps:///best-state-universities-in-nigeria/ in Nigeria, including the University of Abuja, University of Jos, Ahmadu Bello University, University of Benin, Bayero University Kano, University of Illorin and a host of others. Having difficulty in writing your MSC or MBA research proposal? Ibrics Research could be your best research assistant. Whatsapp: +234-706-818-0074
The pricing varies between N2,000 – N5,000 per page, depending on the timeline for delivery, the nature of the topic and the scope of work, including how recent the references should be among others. Industry wide, you may accost other research assistance firms offering less but be mindful of highly plagiarized works. Whatever is worth doing is imperatively worth doing well even though you engage the services of a research assistant.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57