Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him (1695 Views)

Dasola: Ibadan Poly Female Student Hacked To Death; Eyes Plucked Out (pic) / Achieve More: Activate The Eagle Mentality | Eagle Mindset To Crush Your Goals / UNILORIN: "The Azeez's Factor: One Man, Too Many" - Ofem Kebesobase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by kebesobase(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
Good wishes are soothing to the soul. But men of valor and wisdom are not given to the rhetoric of praises at the beginning of a task.

Praise and attention sometimes intoxicates people, especially when they are contrived in concealment of the truth from those who hold power. That way, many leaders end up with a derailment from their vision. Although, this is not universally true, but those who do their job diligently in the sedate quietude of the background shall their good works hang them in the limelight of great achievers overtime.
This sentiment is encapsulated in the enduring pieces of folktale as “a golden fish has no hiding place”.

Ostensibly, rather than receive encomiums and kudos for a job not yet done, great thinkers are keenly concerned with the burden of executing the saddled task, that they may be worthy of all the encomiums at the end of time. Put differently, leaders who are conscious of the demands and nuisances of office, don’t celebrate yet. Oftentimes, they prefer you reserve your felicitations for them to the end of their dispensation. That way, you can judge right and pass whatever coin of vote on such a leader. As a matter of principle, warriors don’t celebrate before the fight, they celebrate after the fight.

In the same token, the idioms, “the eagle has landed” is synonymous to the arrival of an anticipated messiah whose métier is to weather the storm; calm frayed nerves and build bridges that would stand the test of time. When the eagle lands, expectations from all and sundry soars due to the firm believe in the natural abilities of the eagle to soar in the congregation of high flyers. The eagle is a distinct bird that is always aiming for the spotlight.

Relatively, without any shadow of doubt, the triumphant and earth-shaking entry of Professor Adesina Lukuman Azeez, as the newly elected Dean of the Faculty of Communication & Information Sciences, is likened to the landing of an eagle, vis-a-vis a hero who has fought and won many battles as though he has many staring at his face.
You would recall that the elections to elect new Deans across various faculties in the University of Ilorin, were conducted sometime in July. As it is the norm, all Deans elect assumed office in August 2, 2021, to kick start a tenure of not less than 2 years in the capacity of Dean.

In lieu of this, the premises of the Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences was agog with students and staff trooping out en masse to welcome the new Dean, Professor Azeez, who was unanimously elected by his colleagues for the top job. The unanimous decision was borne out of careful examination of the administrative experience of Prof. Azeez, coupled with his uncommon dedication to every assignment he handles, in and out of the faculty. This is not common among faculties as the process of electing a Dean is usually a tug of war.

Interestingly, the event was clad with widespread jubilations. And, excitements rented the air to the point of emitting electromagnetic current capable of shocking an enemy of progress to death. This was especially true as academic staff, non-academic staff, casual staff and students, left their duty post and stood still in an unprecedented manner never heard of, in the history of Deanship across the university community.

This epoch-making event has left tongues waggling and lips whispering as to what could’ve necessitated such an ambush of honor for a man on a day he has only wished to come and pray with his wife and ask God for guidance to deliver on his new mandate.
Thusly, people who are familiar with the persona of Professor Azeez are never surprised at the turn out, as they attributes the honor done him to his acts of kindness and love for people. And for the special grace of God which makes the difference at every turn of his life, as he is not the first to become Dean in the University of Ilorin.

You would also recall that both social and mainstream media were awash with felicitations and goodwill messages by friends, students and associates from far and near, when he received his elevation to the rank of a Professor, few months ago. During the time, I have read several accounts of students describing his elevation “as well-deserving because of the trajectories of his academic exploits, coupled with his quest for excellence and hard-work. In one of those goodwill messages, they have also described him as someone who never misses his engagements with his students, nor found wanting in his duty calls, despite other assignments he is undertaking for the university. Prof. Azeez is a stickler for principles and has the resolve to stick to his convictions. This is a trait of character that has endeared us to him”.

Unarguably, the reasons are not far-fetched. Professor Azeez is a people’s man. He has nurtured the spirit of embracement as he meets people in his public and private life. He is a liberal mine who harbors no sentimental cavils against people who as though, do not share in his line of thoughts.

In this continuum, another reason why people love him could be the fact that he is endowed with the attitude and altitude of an eagle. For centuries, these seemingly larger-than-life birds have fascinated and inspired us with their brilliant leadership characteristics. When eagles come to mind, people commonly imagine an enormous hunter soaring above wide-open spaces on outsized wings. There is apparently nobody who would not be fascinated by the leadership attributes of an eagle. Those who take clues from the eagle are usually the best of leaders and the most sought-after, in tempestuous moments like this. This is the reason Professor Azeez is so desired.

Comparably, like the eagle, in the midst of creatures with identical plumage, Azeez soars above the clouds than any other of his kind. Little wonder he is wanted everywhere he goes. He possesses strong vision with uncommon guts of actualization; he loves the storm because it is one way he can test the limit of his strength; he invests in training others and making them discover their purpose in life; and above all, he resuscitates seemingly dead entities through the power of God that works in him. These are some of the attributes he has in abundance which people have identified with, even though he is barely aware he has them.

Relatively, like the “panopticon metaphor”, in every act of service we render at every epoch of life, the outside world is watching and taking notes without our knowing. There shall come a time where books shall be opened. And our works shall be tested to ascertain whether or not, they fit for the master’s use. Professor Azeez is probably enjoying this goodwill because his works has be tested in the open, and has met the criteria for the master’s use.

Awestruck with the solidarity and massive show of love by his colleagues and students like, Professor Azeez submitted thus: "Today is not the day of Speech. I appreciate all your congratulations and goodwill messages. But I would've loved that you save them until the day I will leave this office. That is the only time you can test whether my stewardship is worth your commendations and felicitations. But I must say that I am flabbergasted by this unexpected massive turnout to celebrate me. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate the show of love you all have demonstrated today. Yes. You've always loved me, but today's love is overwhelming and all-encompassing. For this cause, I am going to be your servant. I have already told my wife that she doesn't own me any longer. So you can use me the way you like as far as this office is concerned. And the only way you can prove that your love here is not fake, is to stand by me and correct me where you think am going wrong. My prayer is that God should help me to administer this office to the best of my ability in such a way that we'll all have reasons to celebrate at the end”.

Re: UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ariwo po

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by Ibst: 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
Oga do summary before you go
Re: UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
kiss
Ibst:
Oga do summary before you go

He is only rendering some accolades to the new dean.
Get more leads when you plan your marketing campaign with our WhatsApp bulk messenger.

https://www.nairaland.com/6524346/whatsapp-bulk-sender-marketing-course
Re: UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by Airoflaw(m): 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
The thing long and you sure say you unilorite
Re: UNILORIN: The Eagle Has Landed And All Eyes On Him by BakingPowder247: 7:17am On Aug 05, 2021
Who read am abeg give summary

(1) (Reply)

Fuji Musician, Saheed Osupa Graduates From University Of Ibadan (Photos) / First Day On The Job: SA Transport Minister Takes Train To Work (PICS) / I Need Information On Universities In Belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.