Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat (31712 Views)

9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / 9th National Assembly… Dogara Moves To Retain Speaker’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by seunmsg(m): 7:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Thatitan234:

And who from SE or SS is eligible to be deputy senate President in APC?? Or you think they'd leave it for PDP again??

In politics, you have to play to your strength.

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege from Delta state and another ranking senator from Edo State, can’t spell his name. Either of them can be senate deputy president.

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by nameo: 7:09am On Mar 03, 2019
seunmsg:

80% of voters from the region I excluded voted for PDP. In as much as the ruling party owe them good governance and equitable distribution of developmental projects, sensitive national positions cannot be entrusted to them. They will have to live with the consequences of their decisions for the next four years.

Under PDP I.e before APC, more than 70% from the NW and perhaps NE voted against PDP in the Presidential elections. Did that stop those 2 zones from getting one of those top positions?

It is really Stu.pid to punish an entire zone cos of the way they voted. The zone does not need the position but for the sake of inclusion, every so e must get a sit o the table on every level.

Moreover, those almost 20% that voted for APC(barring rigging), do they not count?

By the way, I hope you know am not from the SE. I am actually laughing that the APC has not yet learnt its lessons

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Ballack1(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2019
personal59:

ode
religious bigot

why always looking at everything from religious angle when all this people have their personal interest

please make our generation great
APC Is a Muslim party

when a Muslim is better let's support him or her and if it's a Christian let's all do the same all we clamour for is a great Nigeria for all.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Thatitan234(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

So Omo-Agege and Francis Alimikelan are no longer senators?

Only Agege can get a chance, Alimikhena shd forget it.

3 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Tribalism is a big disease in Nigeria. Especially these IPOB guys. Why're you all shouting that the Senate president should come from the South East ?? You guys used tribalism to vote for those that'd represent you in the National Assembly and now you don't have any major senator from your region in APC that can contest for those positions. How man APC senators are from the south east and are not just getting elected?

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Tribalism is a big disease in Nigeria. Especially these IPOB guys. Why're you all shouting that the Senate president should come from the South East ?? You guys used tribalism to vote for those that'd represent you in the National Assembly and now you don't have any major senator from your region in APC that can contest for those positions. How many APC senators are from the south east and did not just elected?
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by demoBaba: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2019
sholatech:
If all these names coming up are through, we might have President as Muslim, Senate President as muslim(Ahmed Lawan) & maybe Speaker House of Reps Muslim(Femi Gbaja).

Your issues is religion....... So bad

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by goldenceo1: 7:15am On Mar 03, 2019
For equity and fairness SS/SE should produce the DSP. Omo Agege stand a better chance from both regions.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by YeshuaBeloved: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2019
You have your fill before the new Era sets in.

And best of luck with it.

The game of thrones of looting has ended!!!!!!

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by nameo: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2019
ChristoBam:
Tribalism is a big disease in Nigeria. Especially these IPOB guys. Why're you all shouting that the Senate president should come from the South East ?? You guys used tribalism to vote for those that'd represent you in the National Assembly and now you don't have any major senator from your region in APC that can contest for those positions. How man APC senators are from the south east and are not just getting elected?

There are Senators and HOR members from every region in Nigeria from APC, so quit that Stu.pid bigoted APC argument that almost messed up this country over the last 4 years.

As wicked as our leaders have been over the years, including during the military era, they are perhaps two things they have always got right: making every region have some sense of belonging And putting Africa as centre of Nigeria foreign policy.

Even when the NW and NE didn't vote for PDP foe instance in 2011, they were all given a sense of belonging. Cos that is how you run a country.

I am disgusted not so much by the old bigots we have in APC but by the young apprentices as seen by many of you on this thread trying to outdo them in bigotry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by 2Baba108(m): 7:19am On Mar 03, 2019
It's well oo
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by InvertedHammer: 7:20am On Mar 03, 2019
/
It doesn't make any difference. The elites are fighting for their pockets.

Put on your seatbelts. The NextLevel will be a rough ride.
Do you want to take sides? Do it for what it is--entertainment purposes only.

/

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by IamPatriotic(m): 7:25am On Mar 03, 2019
seunmsg:
Senators from south west should go and sit down. South west cannot produce the Vice President, be the leading contender for the speaker and still be lobbying for deputy senate president.

I’m supporting the north east for senate president and the south south for deputy senate president. The speaker of the house of reps should go to the south west while the north central should get the deputy.

Did you read my mind? This's how I suggested for the positions in another thread, the SS and SE can work on which of them gets the DSP position with Omo Agege and Okorocha or Uzor Kalu being main contenders.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by WarriAproko: 7:25am On Mar 03, 2019
mfm04622:

A little assignment for you to enable you answer your own question.

List APC senators from NC, SE and SS that were in the Senate presently. The fact is APC will want the leaders to be from her members. Also, they will prefer law makers that are not new in the chambers.

Thank you
OMO AGEGE is from the moon Abi. Oshiomole will prefer they zone SP to south south. If the rebellion will be worst than the one of saraki. Only 2 oil well to be blown off go correct their head.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by WarriAproko: 7:27am On Mar 03, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Did you read my mind? This's how I suggested for the positions in another thread, the SS and SE can work on which of them gets the DSP position with Omo Agege and Okorocha or Uzor Kalu being main contenders.
okorocha and kalu are new commers. They can only get majority leader.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:28am On Mar 03, 2019
nameo:

There are Senators and HOR members from every region in Nigeria from APC, so quit that Stu.pid bigoted APC argument that almost messed up this country over the last 4 years.

As wicked as our leaders have been over the years, including during the military era, they are perhaps two things they have always done right: making every region have some sense of belonging And putting Africa as centre of Nigeria foreign policy.

Even when the NW and NE didn't vote for PDP foe instance in 2011, they were all given a sense of belonging. Cos that is how you run a country.

I am disgusted not so much by the old bigots we have in APC but by the young apprentices as seen by many of you on this thread
How many experienced APC senators are from the South East?? I don't think they'd be up to 5. So those 5 would have to contest against the numerous experienced ones from the South West and Northern region. It's quite obvious what would be the end result. I don't think that's news is 100% true, but no one would really know cuz what they wrote is what would likely happen
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by IamPatriotic(m): 7:30am On Mar 03, 2019
WarriAproko:

It doesn't matter, the Senate Rules can be amended, remember, until 2015 no non ranking member was allowed to hold leadership position in the NASS.

5 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:31am On Mar 03, 2019
nameo:

As wicked as our leaders have been over the years, including during the military era, they are perhaps two things they have always done right: making every region have some sense of belonging And putting Africa as centre of Nigeria foreign policy.

I am disgusted not so much by the old bigots we have in APC but by the young apprentices as seen by many of you on this thread
You're just being really tribalistic.
Do you know how many experienced PDP senators came from the NW and NE region in 2011. This is not a matter of who voted for any presidential candidate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by jogojogo: 7:32am On Mar 03, 2019
seunmsg:
Senators from south west should go and sit down. South west cannot produce the Vice President, be the leading contender for the speaker and still be lobbying for deputy senate president.

I’m supporting the north east for senate president and the south south for deputy senate president. The speaker of the house of reps should go to the south west while the north central should get the deputy.

The biggest losers will be those senators from South South and South East. North central is not even being considered. Interesting drama to unfold within the next few days
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:34am On Mar 03, 2019
WarriAproko:
To me it's not even a matter of rules, new comers can't battle it out with the experienced ones for those kinds of sensitive position. But tribalism no go just let these guys see this things.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ChristoBam: 7:34am On Mar 03, 2019
WarriAproko:
To me it's not even a matter of rules, new comers can't battle it out with the experienced ones for those kinds of sensitive positions. But tribalism no go just let these guys see this things.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by nameo: 7:34am On Mar 03, 2019
ChristoBam:

You're just being really tribalistic.
Do you know how many experienced PDP senators came from the NW and NE region in 2011. This is not a matter of who voted for any presidential candidate.

Are you actually accusing me of been tribalistic?

Really?

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by WarriAproko: 7:35am On Mar 03, 2019
IamPatriotic:

It doesn't matter, the Senate Rules can be amended, remember, until 2015 no non ranking member was allowed to hold leadership position in the NASS.
inexperience to rule the house. Who want to amend it.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by nameo: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2019
ChristoBam:

How many experienced APC senators are from the South East?? I don't think they'd be up to 5. So those 5 would have to contest against the numerous experienced ones from the South West and Northern region. It's quite obvious what would be the end result. I don't think that's news is 100% true, but no one would really know cuz what they wrote is what would likely happen

What has experience gat to do with anything?

Are you new to politics?

Zone the 6 top positions to all the 6 zones the way it has always been before 2015. All the zones has APC members to film these positions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by WarriAproko: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2019
ChristoBam:

those experience senators are from the minority parties. So void for them
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by IamPatriotic(m): 7:39am On Mar 03, 2019
WarriAproko:
inexperience to rule the house. Who want to amend it.

You called people who were Governors for 8 years inexperienced? Lol shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Ewedegubbler: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Hhahahahahahahahahha... I knew Buhari was gonna win the presidency and told who cared to listen even tho I didn't support him. Now to those malicious neighbors from the SW, Listen to this and write it down. 'BUHARI WILL DIE IN OFFICE' and when that happens you will see who will support your brother to take over power..

The level of disdain and vindictiveness you have shown to the SS and SE will come back and stare at you..

Guys remember this day...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Kobicove(m): 7:41am On Mar 03, 2019
This news is just mere beer parlour gist undecided
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by ollah2: 7:43am On Mar 03, 2019
nameo:
The six top positions in the country(President, VP, SP, DSP, Speaker, DS) must be shared to the 6 geopolitical zones we in Nigeria the way it has always been before APC took over.

The APC cannot now use the excuse of non rep cos it has senators and NA members from each of the 6 regions this time around.

APC still do not apparently know the origin of the disdain some persons have for it.

How are those positions presently shared? You guys will always rant and rant
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by nameo: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2019
ollah2:

How are those positions presently shared? You guys will always rant and rant

No SS person is in those top 6 positions.

APC also excluded the SE until the arrangement that somehow put Ekweremadu as DSP

I know you knew this and I shouldn't actually bother to answer you. But am just be kind this Sunday morning.

Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Smith06: 7:51am On Mar 03, 2019
mfm04622:

A little assignment for you to enable you answer your own question.

List APC senators from NC, SE and SS that were in the Senate presently. The fact is APC will want the leaders to be from her members. Also, they will prefer law makers that are not new in the chambers.

Thank you

What happen to those APC lawmakers that won in Kwara, Nasarawa, Kogi, Niger or they are not NC again,

How about those lawmakers that won Edo, Imo and co ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Scoop Fuel From Fallen Petrol Tanker In Abeokuta - Pics / Muslim Students Reject Oduduwa Republic / Soludo Slashes Education Budget From ₦3.23 Billion To ₦1.1bn. Lawmakers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.