Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat (31716 Views)

9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / 9th National Assembly… Dogara Moves To Retain Speaker’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by donkarmal(m): 11:00am On Mar 03, 2019
sholatech:
If all these names coming up are through, we might have President as Muslim, Senate President as muslim(Ahmed Lawan) & maybe Speaker House of Reps Muslim(Femi Gbaja).
bigot

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by AntiWailer: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2019
sholatech:
If all these names coming up are through, we might have President as Muslim, Senate President as muslim(Ahmed Lawan) & maybe Speaker House of Reps Muslim(Femi Gbaja).

And so wat ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Ikidons(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2019
capitalzero:
I dey laugh. rebellion in 9th assembly will be worst in history of nigeria if that happens. how can vp,dsp,ds come from the same region?
and same religion?
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Smith06: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2019
mfm04622:

Name those that were in the Senate before from Kwara, Nasarawa, Kogi and Niger. Also, do they have the quality?
What happen to Abdullahi Adamu ?
Google is your friend bro, if you want me to Enlight you, message me and I'll charge you for my service boss lol
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by jpphilips(m): 11:35am On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:
They have started again. Their winner takes all mentality that will bury Nigeria. SP and DSP from N/E and S/W; speaker and deputy speaker from the same zones. What of North Central, SE and SS? Gradually they have started nudging Buhari towards sectionalism. Too early to be too bad.

SE/SS will get theirs from Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Mandubekus: 11:38am On Mar 03, 2019
The Senate President should go to NE, Deputy SS, Speaker SW and Deputy speaker South East (should come from IMO if there is any returnee)
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by einsteine(m): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2019
The election of principal officers is not done by just the APC. If the rest of the parties come together, all they need is get a few members of the APC and they would scuttle any plans by the APC. Tinubu has laid the template for going against party decisions when he supported Tambuwal against Mulikat Akande. PDP had zoned the speakership to South West but Tambuwal connived with the APC and some renegade PDP members and won the election. This is what would continue to happen since Tinubu has shown the way. Gbajabiamila may continue to win elections but he would never be Speaker
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Okoroawusa: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2019
The heads of both chambers of National Assembly can come from anywhere. I don't care.All I want is someone that can work well with Buhari. I don't want a repeat of Saraki type of Senate President.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by fixedfolly: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:
They have started again. Their winner takes all mentality that will bury Nigeria. SP and DSP from N/E and S/W; speaker and deputy speaker from the same zones. What of North Central, SE and SS? Gradually they have started nudging Buhari towards sectionalism. Too early to be too bad.
When you provide 5% votes, you get 5% of the appointments
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Jaideyone(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:
prior to the 2015 victory the SE already had deep hatred for PMB and the party so if nothing is given to them then it's just a consequence of their own politics of bitterness and hatred

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Akolawole(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2019
sholatech:
Its irrelevant as long as the country is progressing.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:
when we begged you to return Akpabio to senate, y'all ganged up against him thinking you are doing us. Now una see una life? Akpabio ought to have become the senate president. Now another almajiri will surely hijack the position again. Smh for SS/SE politics. Yoruba should take the Deputy speaker sit and enjoy their life jare. It's always good to be wise in everything.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Honor10: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
omazus:

stop crying, I thought u guys said u don't care about political appointment, lick ur wound in peace.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by BuhariAdvocate: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
Fake news coming from unprofessional journalist.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Honor10: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Beninmann:
cool down and wait for APC destruction in 2022. Buhari is the heart and soul of the party

shut up! u said more than this in 2018, looser
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by mechanics(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
I hope they won't miss their chance this time around.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by raumdeuter: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
seunmsg:
Senators from south west should go and sit down. South west cannot produce the Vice President, be the leading contender for the speaker and still be lobbying for deputy senate president.

I’m supporting the north east for senate president and the south south for deputy senate president. The speaker of the house of reps should go to the south west while the north central should get the deputy.

NE - Senate President
SS - Speaker
NC- Deputy Speaker
SW Deputy Senate President( Since there is no second term Senator from the SE)
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by WarriAproko: 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
IamPatriotic:

My brother, do you know that Sen. Ken Nnamani is adjudged the best SP since 1999, he was not a first timer when he assumed that post, he had never held position up to that point.

You just want a SS Senator for the position, Akpabio would have been a great candidate, Omo Agege is known for notoriety and not everyone will be cool with him.
but the rule was amended I believe so. Omoagege only defended what was right. SO can not suspend a sitting senator representing a senatorial district
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by seunmsg(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

NE - Senate President
SS - Speaker
NC- Deputy Speaker
SW Deputy Senate President( Since there is no second term Senator from the SE)

I’m not aware of any serious contender for speaker from the south south. The people who have indicated interest so far are from south west and north east.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by raumdeuter: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m not aware of any serious contender for speaker from the south south. The people who have indicated interest so far are from south west and north east.

I am suggesting the Party zones it to have inclusion of every region especially the SS that gave APC good numbers.

Any second term Rep from the SS should be good
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by seunmsg(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

I am suggesting the Party zones it to have inclusion of every region especially the SS that gave APC good numbers.

Any second term Rep from the SS should be good

Ok.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Gforce2019: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:
Ike please defects to Apc

SE deserves the senate president

President - NW
Vp - SW
SP - Should be from SE/SS
Speaker - NC/NE

Current acting CJN is from NE

SE has tribalized the position that supposed to be meant for them...
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2019
Now I remember our dear Nigerian Space Agency. #papaBoro
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by dochenaj: 1:56am On Mar 04, 2019
See me reading this and laughing myself silly. And my happiness stems from thinking about, "what is going on in Orji Uzo Kalu and Okorocha's mind".

"Did I forget"? They do have presidential ambition. Common senate leadership they would not even get talk less of presidential ticket.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by dochenaj: 2:02am On Mar 04, 2019
seunmsg:

It is too late to decamp to the APC and be handed the senate presidency. He had his chances before the election and blew it. Nobody can trust him with such a sensitive post again at this point in time. Not with the nasty experience APC got from Saraki.
If Ekweremandu had decamped to APC before the election, he and Akpabio would be in the same boat.

And he knew that, so decamping was not an option at that time, and with these developments, decamping will be a political career assassination for him much so now.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by dochenaj: 2:05am On Mar 04, 2019
martowskin1:

U are wise....

Have told them, for 16yrs, PDP felt untouchable till their impatience and over ambitiousness took the better part of most of the leaders .

They created their own downfall, I see APC doing same thing
Unlike PDP, APC have a ruthless sect of people at the helm as opposed to the spineless Jonathan; who didn't have the guts to take any decisive action.

So they would never loose power except there is a revolution, APC remains solid.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Babacele: 8:24am On Mar 04, 2019
Smith06:

What happen to Abdullahi Adamu ?
Google is your friend bro, if you want me to Enlight you, message me and I'll charge you for my service boss lol
Maye( wizard in hausa) and Omo agege are in the same camp and may bring Lawal for Agege to deputize. Maye is old but still powerful. Isn't he who started the annihilation of Saraki? All these talks na still speculation, so let us wait and see.
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by Smith06: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2019
Babacele:
Maye( wizard in hausa) and Omo agege are in the same camp and may bring Lawal for Agege to deputize. Maye is old but still powerful. Isn't he who started the annihilation of Saraki? All these talks na still speculation, so let us wait and see.
Very right, don't even want to bring Omo agege into the discussion now sef with the guy am still testing the nigga IQ on politics
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by martowskin1(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
dochenaj:

Unlike PDP, APC have a ruthless sect of people at the helm as opposed to the spineless Jonathan; who didn't have the guts to take any decisive action.

So they would never loose power except there is a revolution, APC remains solid.

U mean with the so many faction across most states..

U mean with some of their candidates supporting another party(amosun etc)

Dont even use the word NEVER wen it comes to power
Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by dochenaj: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
martowskin1:

U mean with the so many faction across most states..

U mean with some of their candidates supporting another party(amosun etc)

Dont even use the word NEVER wen it comes to power
I agree with you that I should not use never, but only because there is God, who can steer the affairs of men towards any direction if he so wishes.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat by martowskin1(m): 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
dochenaj:

I agree with you that I should not use never, but only because there is God, who can steer the affairs of men towards any direction if he so wishes.

u are a wise man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soyinkas Speech At Harvard. The Real Text / Osun Election: APC Is Like An Orphan Struggling In Ife – Babajide Omoworare / Zarah Buhari Indimi Stuns In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.