Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola (3306 Views)

I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by kobikwelu(m): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2010
simply ridiculous,

and they think he would just pay, and justify to every1 dat he is guilty

prolly, he is being disciplined for lounging in exile,

or who knows, prolly he has struck a deal wif the powers that be to refund part of the money he stole to the country's coffers
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by octar6: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2010
500 million na change for where the guy dey.only 1 of his in-laws go bring the cash fast. grin10
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by ud4u: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2010
usbcable:

QUESTION:
who gets the money
f.g or lagos state or judiciary/law enforcement agents.

Exactly my question,
Which purse exactly is this money going into?, let it not be that some people somewhere will be using the money to enrich themselves and we will be here claping that they have done well.
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by ud4u: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2010
usbcable:

QUESTION:
who gets the money
f.g or lagos state or judiciary/law enforcement agents.

Exactly my point,
Which purse exactly is this money going into?, let it not be that some people somewhere will be using the money to enrich themselves and we will be here claping that they have done well.
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by HighChief4(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2010
PapaBrowne:

It's you who is a no brainer! Someone started Bank 21 years ago, grew it to become one of the top 500 banks in the world with assets of over N1.6trillion and was paying 18,000 staff salaries of over N100,000 monthly and you call him a thief because he has N500 million to bail himself.
Poverty mentality!!
The guy is innocent until proven guilty!
You always display the level of your intelligence in every thread, who told you he started the bank? Just listen to yourself, that he grew the bank which was exactly why they gave him the job, does that permit him to mismanage depositors money? He was only appointed by the Board of Directors to manage the said bank, he doesnt own the bank you slowpoke. Pple like you are one of the reasons why that country will never move forward cos you keep celebrating thieves, what is his income for him to afford those billions worth of property(inculding 2 private jets to his name)and you are opening your hypocritic mouth to talk(probably he employed your dad, so I understand your defence for him). Your are the one talking with poverty mentality cos you do not understand what it means for depositors' money to be mismanaged by thieves like Akingbola, i still know so many families that their lives shattered cos of the defunct financial institutions in nigeria. Honestly am not gonna take you serious, cos i saw the stupidity you were spewing the other day, so i gues i shuld just ignore you. FOOL
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by PapaBrowne(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^^^^
Ok, High Chief Ignoramus! You are not the kind I would usually join issues with (not smart enough)! So I will let your speech pass.

FYI, Akingbola founded Intercontinental Bank alongside three other investors in February of 1989.
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by HighChief4(m): 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
PapaBrowne:

^^^^^^
Ok, High Chief Ignoramus! You are not the kind I would usually join issues with (not smart enough)! So I will let your speech pass.

FYI, Akingbola founded Intercontinental Bank alongside three other investors in February of 1989.

This fool will never stop, that he founded Intercontinental now makes him the sole owner rite? Do you know anything called Plc? Do you know how many people have bought shares over those years? Infact am done with you, am sure you are a kid and has never invested $1 b4 in your miserable life.
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by PapaBrowne(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^^^^
Ok, High_Chief! I sincerely do not know how to respond to you. I find it hard responding to empty speeches that lack any form of intellect. So I hope you don't mind my ignoring your post. I understand your type. Little on brains(No disrespect intended), Big on Noise. Ever heard the phrase. . . Empty Barrels make the loudest noises?? cheesy!!
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by KnowAll(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2010
Ibru = [size=14pt] A South-South Woman and a close of friend Edwin Clerk,

Edwin Clerk a South- South Elder State’s man= And a Close confidant of his Majesty at Aso Rock,

Eratus= Close friend of Ibru,

Where is Ibru now,

Lying low, would probably walk,

That means Akingbola lies low for a while and then walks laterYou are spot on boy. [/size]
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by otondo55: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2010
this is no-money to this guy

When will this nation ever be serious !
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by 49cents(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2010
Think we should leave it to the court of law to decide the case; i really appreciate what this fellows have done with the Nigerian Industry over the last two decades but then that gives no right to take what is not theirs.

@high chief and papabrowne
The best way to respond to an annoying PERSONAL remark on a public forum is to completely play dumb; if you must respond let it be to clarify your point the watching public will definitely spot out the more immature  mind
peace! MY 49CENTS
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by misterh(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2010
500 MILLION tan shocked. For him to be able to afford that amount, there are still more from where it came from, know what i mean?
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by fxskye: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
Another big drama on the way.
Loll!

Beta Soon 9ja!
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by safariman(m): 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2010
I think he gets the money back if he shows up in court
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by maxxy: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2010
ud4u:

Exactly my point,

When bail is set at a fixed amount, the sum or a percentage of it is paid into court (usaully a bank account to be specified by the Chief Registrar of the court). Even though the person is then admitted to bail, he retains interest in the bail sum, unless and until he jumps bail. In the event of that, he stands the risk of forfeiting the money to the Court, except he is able to show reasonable cause why such should not be the case when he eventually appears in court by whatever means.

The bail sum is set at the discretion of the judge, who in doing so, puts several factors into consideration, including the likelihood that the accused will jump bail. To mitigate the risk of the accused jumping bail, the judge may fix such an amount or term that the accused may not lightly forfeit in deciding to jump bail.

In Mr Akingbola's case, the fact that he previously evaded arrest does him no good. Therefore, pegging the bail sum at N500m may not be out of place, considering the personal networth of the accused person. Even his lawyer considered the bail sum fair!
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by maxxy: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2010
1989, March 1

Established as a merchant bank in February under the name, Nigerian Intercontinental Merchant Bank Limited.
[b]Commenced business with paid up ordinary share capital of N12 million[/b]. In five years it became the most profitable merchant bank in Nigeria.

1989, September 1
The first subsidiary, Intercontinental Securities Limited (INTERSEC), an investment company was set up.

The bank acquired substantial equity stake in Associated Discount House Limited (ADHL), the largest discount firm in Nigeria.

The bank acquired majority equity stake in Equity Bank of Nigeria Limited, a nimble and dynamic commercial bank, to enhance commercial operations of the Group.

The bank acquired a controlling equity stake in an insurance company, West African Provincial Company (WAPIC) Plc, which expanded the Group’s business into the lucrative insurance business. WAPIC is one of the biggest insurance companies in Nigeria.

Became Intercontinental Bank Limited in July following conversion to a Commercial Bank

ADHL acquired another commercial bank, Gateway Bank Limited.

Converted to universal banking

Became a publicly quoted company listed on the Nigerian Stock exchange with IPO of 283,995,000 ordinary shares, which was fully subscribed.

Public Offer of 2.75 million ordinary shares in December, in its quest to exceed the new N25 billion shareholders funds as prescribed by the CBN. Subscribed by 136% and reaffirming investors’ confidence in the bank.

Merged with three other banks: Equity, Gateway and Global in October 2005.

Source: http://www.intercontinentalbankplc.com/portal/general/aboutus.php?pid=36&mode=content

By 2009/2010, Intercontinental Bank had over N250billion in shareholder funds and an asset base of about N1.6trillion.

ALL THESE IN JUST 21 YEARS
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by TYUSUFF: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2010
Lets take a few steps back and reason for once in this country, Intercontinental Bank was established 21 years ago of those 21 years Akingbola was MD for 20 years, Akingbola must surely be punished for his miss deeds and in my opinion that 500 mill is only but a bail fee but not the amount that will be extorted from him if found guilty.Therefore lets give the judiciary a little more time to extort our money for us. Akingbola has sinned and he will surely be punished. Yes we have blamed Akingbola Who else is to blame. Lets see in the period when Akingbola was MD NIgeria has had 6 Presidents. Thats 5 four years tenure if he were politically elected.
1. where was the first bank when all dis was happenening
2. wat was soludo doing when banks were recapitalizing. where did our funds go that he didnt notice foul play
3.Wat is NIgeria's rule on the tenure of Bankers
4. No bank MD should be allowed to reign for that long at a point he wil surely break no matter wat a saint he is.
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by Kx: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2010
[size=14pt]If bail is N500million,  how much would option of fine cost?[/size]
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by HighChief4(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2010
T.YUSUFF:

Lets take a few steps back and reason for once in this country, Intercontinental Bank was established 21 years ago of those 21 years Akingbola was MD for 20 years, Akingbola must surely be punished for his miss deeds and in my opinion that 500 mill is only but a bail fee but not the amount that will be extorted from him if found guilty.Therefore lets give the judiciary a little more time to extort our money for us. Akingbola has sinned and he will surely be punished. Yes we have blamed Akingbola Who else is to blame. Lets see in the period when Akingbola was MD NIgeria has had 6 Presidents. Thats 5 four years tenure if he were politically elected.
1. where was the first bank when all dis was happenening
2. wat was soludo doing when banks were recapitalizing. where did our funds go that he didnt notice foul play
3.Wat is NIgeria's rule on the tenure of Bankers
4. No bank MD should be allowed to reign for that long at a point he wil surely break no matter wat a saint he is.

Now somebody is talking. God bless you broda
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by mrkoma2012: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2010
Using stolen loot to secure his bail conditions,absolute jokes
Re: Court Sets N500 Million Record Bail For Akingbola by nkilirox(f): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2010
This is the former pastor at RCCG abi? Didn't he help "finance" those planes that "Daddy G.O." bought for his use last year? hmmph nna nna wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

$35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome / Professor With 30 Degrees Wants 1 More / Official: Ngeneukwenu Anoints Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.