Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

$35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome (3309 Views)

EFCC May Go After Ex-first Lady Over N1trn Campaign Funds’ Disbursement / EFCC May Return Dasuki To DSS Custody / Arms: EFCC May Query Sanusi Over $2.2bn Arms Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by ifeci: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2010
Pointblanknews.com can confirm that the Economic and Financial Crime Commission  (EFCC), is currently investigating allegations of money laundering against the flamboyant general overseer of Christ Embassy Church, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

Oyahkilome who is no stranger to controversy, is alleged to have laundered a whopping $35 Million into foreign bank accounts.

Pointblanknews.com sources hinted that between 2002 and 2009, Oyakhilome moved huge sums of church’s fund and dodgy donations from shady characters into strings of accounts in the United States and Europe.

Spokesman for the EFCC, Femi Babafemi, who confirmed the commission’s investigation into the pastor’s role in the alleged crime in a chat on Tuesday said the EFCC got the hint from “intelligence” reports. The EFCC also got assistance from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.

Although Babafemi declined to give details of the development, Pointblanknews.com learnt that the pastor may soon be invited for questioning.

Oyakhilome raised dust few years ago when the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission (NBC) banned miracle sessions on television. Trouble started after Oyakhilome purportedly healed a “blind’ man on his weekly programme “Atmosphere For Miracles”. After the ‘healing’ of the man whom Oyakhilome claimed had been blind from birth, the pastor asked him what the color of his( Oyakhilome ) tie was. To the chagrin of viewers, the man said blue. The problem was, aperson who is blind from birth, would not know colors.

His romance with another controversial pastor, T.B Joshua raised some dust, as he (Oyakhilome) was alleged to be getting some fetish support from Joshua.

Oyakhilome who allegedly gives financial targets to his parish pastors, it was learnt, tried to use some of his contacts inside the EFCC to kill the investigation, but failed.

The pressure on his pastors to raise millions of naira within a short period or be demoted or removed, has allegedly led to some of his pastors doing all they could to impress the pastor and keep their jobs. It was also learnt that members are also pressured to make huge donations.

This tactics reportedly made one his pastors at the church’s Ifako, Lagos parish, Lawrence Agada, to steal so much from Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, where he worked as a top cashier. Agada bought two generating sets worth N6 million, donated N6 million for renovations at the headquarters, N1 million for plastic chairs and N400, 000 to bankroll the Ifako parish’s senior pastor, Carol Sholesi, for a trip to Australia to attend International Federation of Business and Professional Women .  sad sad cry cry

which way Nigeria? we been think say na only politicians!!!
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2010
na 2 day?

e je ka gboran jare.

His romance with another controversial pastor, T.B Joshua raised some dust, as he (Oyakhilome) was alleged to be getting some fetish support from Joshua.

Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by vorosmartm(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2010
Its a pity that gradually this man's ministry has turned into a ground for milking nigerians dry.
I've been a member for years but stopped after i came back from youth service.
It was becoming obvious that the money was more important.
You need to be a member for you to know what the congregation is going through especially cell leaders,
pcf presidents and departmental leaders. Attend their weekly leaders meeting and be stunned at what you hear and see.
I belong to a cell for job seekers and we were given a thanksgiving target of N200k, Offer 7 just passed.
where do they expect us to get such from? I got employed immediately after service,
for that reason I was asked to bring N50k of the sum.
Is this still a church or something else, we no longer have free access to the word of God from our MOG cos they are sold.
When I joined years back I was really impressed at the level of organisation but now I'm just, God help us, by the way. I left!
God's word cannot be monopolised and manipulated. It has a life of its own
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by jamace(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^^ Thank God, you saw the light and left the church.
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by Enigma(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ vorosmartm

I'm going to copy your post to a thread in the religion section; hope you don't mind, thanks.

Edit: the post is here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-563807.160.html#msg7332725
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by Blazay(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
Another South-Southern moogoo. He will make a good cell mate for Ibori in London. These Warri peeps have been 'carryin' last lately in'money laundering' o. shocked
Even Orji 'get shorty osisi kan kwu' Kalu and his area "okija" Mama Eunice got away from the EFCC? Unbelievable! grin Igbo kwenu!

Who say Warri nor dey carry last. . . ? Abeg slap am for me.

Ibori
Ibru
Oyakhilome(Ishan). . . where the heck is Oritsejafor in all this? MIA? Unbelievable.

Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc [size=16pt]May[/size] Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome

Let them arrest Adeboye first. . . . grin All the jibiti pastors are mainly from Yoruba land, . .using juju and all to mesmerize their victims.

His romance with another controversial pastor, T.B Joshua raised some dust, as he (Oyakhilome) was alleged to be getting some[b] fetish support from Joshua.[/b]

Hmm! The lord is a 'mar-ciful' one I tellya.
See how them juss dey 'touch' una annointing any hau? grin
Just like Jesus Christ was accused huh?
So, na who come be the false prophet now?
Who be the real wan? undecided

This tactics reportedly made one his pastors at the church’s Ifako, Lagos parish, Lawrence Agada, to steal so much from Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, where he worked as a top cashier. Agada bought two generating sets worth N6 million, donated N6 million for renovations at the headquarters, N1 million for plastic chairs and N400, 000 to bankroll the Ifako parish’s senior pastor, Carol Sholesi, for a trip to Australia to attend International Federation of Business and Professional Women .

Imagine the kon-kon-bi-ri-ty! As the Igbo man would exclaim. . .

Signs and wonders. . . . grin
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by jamace(m): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
Imagine the kon-kon-bi-ri-ty! As the Igbo man would exclaim. . .

Signs and wonders. . . . grin

You ain't seen/heard nothing yet grin
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
Only God knows who are His.

While I'm not a fan of T.B Joshua, I'm so impressed with the donations he makes less and under privileged members of the church.

Banks mop up liquidity from the excess section of the market and supply the deficit section at a cost, why for Heaven's sakes can't churches (with the billions they rake in) help their less fortunate members by giving scholarships, zero interest loans to startups and welfare packages.

God will judge.
Re: $35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome by vorosmartm(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
Enigma:

@ vorosmartm

I'm going to copy your post to a thread in the religion section; hope you don't mind, thanks.

Edit: the post is here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-563807.160.html#msg7332725

I dont

(1) (Reply)

Abacha's Rare Interview 1997 / Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama / The real reason Femi Fani-Kayode left APC - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.