Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

WHY NBC Sanctioned 45 Broadcast Stations While Shutting Down Jay101.5fm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY NBC Sanctioned 45 Broadcast Stations While Shutting Down Jay101.5fm (355 Views)

Court Invalidates NBC's powers to Impose Sanctions, Fines On Broadcast Stations / Lagos Shuts Down All State Owned Broadcast Stations / FG Approves Bailout For Broadcast Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WHY NBC Sanctioned 45 Broadcast Stations While Shutting Down Jay101.5fm by pacifik(f): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
Modibbo Kawu the Chairman National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) in a press briefing on Friday the 1st day of March 2019 told Newsmen that the NBC had sanctioned 45 Broadcast media outlets in Nigeria and had asked them to pay the sum of 500,000 naira to the Commission for using Broadcasting language that contravened the Commission code of conduct during the 23rd February Presidential Elections.
He further said the Affected stations were expected to comply within a specified period or risk facing advanced form of Punishment as stipulated in Section 14.3.2.6 of the Broadcasting code of Conduct..
While stations like NTA, AIT, Channels and TVC were shareholders in this 500,000 naira Broadcasting Yellow Card, Jay101. 5fm in Jos owned by Senator Jang of the PDP was not so lucky as they got the Red Card and was shut down indefinitely..
For full details and a comprehensive list of the 45 Broadcast stations and the broadcast fouls they committed...

Re: WHY NBC Sanctioned 45 Broadcast Stations While Shutting Down Jay101.5fm by Dreal1247: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Shall we ever achieve independency of journalism in this country. Did they broadcast fake news, I believe the answer is no. An unbiased journalism I believe is one of the instruments of democracy.

1 Like

Re: WHY NBC Sanctioned 45 Broadcast Stations While Shutting Down Jay101.5fm by pacifik(f): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dreal1247:
Shall we ever achieve independency of journalism in this country. Did they broadcast fake news, I believe the answer is no. An unbiased journalism I believe is one of the instruments of democracy.

My Dear, an Independent Press in this Country is only a dream, our Journalism will continue to be tainted by a touch of Government interference and an Overdose of "Money-Change-Hands" reporting... sad

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Kayode Amusan Resigns From PDP , Ask His Supporters To Work For GNI . / Implication(s) Of Conceding To An Election / Buhari: I Expected Atiku To Go To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.