Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups (516 Views)

To Few Yoruba Muslims Still Hanging On The Fence / Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike / The Shameful Acts Of Few Yoruba Obas And Why Tinubu Is Involved! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups by IkpuMmadu: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
From Yemi Odunaike points this out:

Lagos also does not belong to Igbos, Fulani, Hausas, Ijaws, etc.

My ancestors Ijebu does not belong to Yorubas, rather to only Ijebus so I cannot pass my boundary according to State of Origin dictated by Nigeria to lay claim that Ibadan, Akure, Ekiti, Osogbo, even Abeokuta are for me.

This is the reality of Nigeria that only allows State of Origin of Ancestors and not even State of Birth.

It is pure fake Yoruba tribal solidarity and a big lie to claim and generalize Lagos belongs to Yorubas. It also supports a convenient evil of alienating the Badagary people who are part owners of Lagos who are not Yorubas.

The Yorubas generalizing that Lagos brlongs to Yorubas are equally very dishonest like the Irritant few Igbos joining them to argue Lagos is no man's land.

If Lagos is Yoruba people's land how come myself, my 4 younger ones who had tertiary education in Lagos were told we are not Lagosians so no Lagos State Government Subsidies and Bursaries for us?

If Lagos is no man's land according to very few Igbos who can only push the lie on social media or among their likes how come, no Igbo student in LaSu, Laspotech and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education can have access to lower School Fees and Bursaries those officially seen as Lagosians only get.

How come Badagary descendants not Yorubas get access to Lagos State Government Subsisdies and Bursaries Yorubas descendants outside Lagos who cannot manipulate their ways to claim they are Lagosians don't get.

The Igbo versus Yoruba stupid fights are purely politically and for people who are just ethnically and tribally very dishonest using the opportunity to push their trib hatred that is sickening than racism."
Re: Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups by successmatters(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
And I still find it funny when they start crying whenever anyone says NO MAN'S LAND. grin

The other day, some little boys were playing soccer in warri and one boy shouted no man's land in Warri o a yoruba policeman arrested the small boy named Rukewe grin
Re: Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups by natinhoo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Is it just me or is it actually a fact that this post does not make sense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups by oyebanji44: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
What 're you writing? ..what's this? Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Does Not Belong To Yorubas. It Belongs To Only Few Yoruba Ethnic Groups by Davash222(m): 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2019
Still, Lagos is no man’s land.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Seyi Makinde Declared OYO Gov-elect- Breaking / Just In- Lagos School Building Collapse: Rescue Operations Ongoing / Goodluck Jonathan Quit Active Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.