Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

How Can We Develop This Game Of Chess Here In Nigeria? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / How Can We Develop This Game Of Chess Here In Nigeria? (746 Views)

Have You Ever Play This Game Before / Let's Play This Game / Who Played This Game Why Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Develop This Game Of Chess Here In Nigeria? by Sageboss(m): 2:29am On Mar 04, 2019
[b][/b] cool

Re: How Can We Develop This Game Of Chess Here In Nigeria? by Sageboss(m): 1:01am On Mar 07, 2019
Frankly, the game of chess is on a very low recognition scale in Nigeria. This is of no doubt considering the fact that majority of the fans of the game here are actually the players. Thus, without mincing words, to a lay man on the streets, in Nigeria chess doesn't exist. Now, this begs the question? Do we need to develop this game for the sake of public interest or for the players themselves? My answer; FOR THE PLAYERS. YES! Its high time chess tournament organisers in Nigeria need to understand that the game s to unpopular yet to attract sponsorship of any serious type. What I feel is that, we should focus on developing this our dear sport around existing players. These ones will on time grow in number to what can invite family and friends to a tournament and thus provide the needed audience for any sponsor. I think we need to orga iae tournaments more, at every level, even in the streets. Possibly, in due time, this will happen. That's my view. Thanks for reading. #loak
Re: How Can We Develop This Game Of Chess Here In Nigeria? by kalu61(m): 2:24am On Mar 15, 2019
l agree with you. The game is not popular though but needs funding to create adequate awareness especially at the primary and secondary level.

(1) (Reply)

Organising A Chess Tournament. / Scrable World Championship Competetion / Free Recharge, Try Your Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.