Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) (6156 Views)

LANDMARK UNIV Lecturer Wins The Cogent Eng. Best Publication Of The Year, 2019 / UNILAG Admission For The Year 2019/2020 / See The Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by egojeny1(f): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2019
Futo ought to be there.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
You broke my heart by not adding UDUS, Usmanu Dan Fodiyo university, sokoto
pls can i have ur fb ID??
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Ahmed0336(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
LOL, Ahmed , I can see you are now happy seeing your university in top 20, as far I'm concerned, UDUS is the most peaceful university in Nigeria, if not Africa. And futminna been ranked higher than UDUS doesn't mean employers prefer futminna graduate to UDUS graduate.

I rep UDUS. A university of Natural sciences, Law, medical sciences, engineering, technology, social sciences, management sciences, Education, Agriculture unlike fut mx, which is just a university of technology and technology related courses

It's good you're consoling yourself.

Na gaba yayi gaba

Na baya sai labari
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2019
miracood:
pls can i have ur fb ID??
let me have urs.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by logtrend52: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
grin
Olibboy:
Cool...
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by InansBobo(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Nurrex:
LOL, Ahmed , I can see you are now happy seeing your university in top 20, as far I'm concerned, UDUS is the most peaceful university in Nigeria, if not Africa
how many universities in Nigeria have u attended or visited?
Nurrex:
And futminna been ranked higher than UDUS doesn't mean employers prefer futminna graduate to UDUS graduate.
check out list of most employable schools' graduates before coming here, if you're to use that.
Nurrex:
I rep UDUS. A university of Natural sciences, Law, medical sciences, engineering, technology, social sciences, management sciences, Education, Agriculture unlike fut mx, which is just a university of technology and technology related courses
MIT is an institute of technology. Is UDUS any near it in standard and everything positive?
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2019
InansBobo:
how many universities in Nigeria have u attended or visited?
check out list of most employable schools' graduates before coming here, if you're to use that.
MIT is an institute of technology. Is UDUS any near it in standard and everything positive?
you just want to show us how ignorant you are, Massachusetts Institute of Technology though can't be compared with UDUS and any other University in Africa, because it's called massachusetts institute of technology doesn't meant the don't offer art, social science and science courses and you can tell someone to make enquiries before posting. Your ignoramus self did tell know I don't have to go to any university to know which one is the most peaceful. And still you have the mind set of an SSCE holder, as far as you have a degree in any Nigeria federal or state university, employers will consider you the same, and you would be given your job based on your grades, performances etc sometimes religion and tribe. But, normally no one will employ an UI 2nd class graduate leaving a UDUS or futminna 1st class graduate, all because UI is ranked above all universities. And the guy I replied knows I'm not making jest of him or is school.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by InansBobo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nurrex:
you just want to show us how ignorant you are, Massachusetts Institute of Technology though can't be compared with UDUS and any other University in Africa, because it's called massachusetts institute of technology doesn't meant the don't offer art, social science and science courses and you can tell someone to make enquiries before posting. Your ignoramus self did tell know I don't have to go to any university to know which one is the most peaceful. And still you have the mind set of an SSCE holder, as far as you have a degree in any Nigeria federal or state university, employers will consider you the same, and you would be given your job based on your grades, performances etc sometimes religion and tribe. But, normally no one will employ an UI 2nd class graduate leaving a UDUS or futminna 1st class graduate, all because UI is ranked above all universities. And the guy I replied knows I'm not making jest of him or is school.
fyi, MIT does not offer Medical courses, law courses and several art courses. Does that mean UDUS that offers them is any better?

How can you say a place is more peaceful than another when you've not visited the two places concerned? Your reasoning style baffles me.

How do researchers (eg stutern) come up with their research analysis that CU graduates and UNN's are the most employable? Do u think they sat down in their comfort like you did(to say UDUS is the most peaceful?) They went out, used research methods, got their data from employers to come up with such. With the giant strides of CU recently, do you think an employer would not prefer a first class graduate from there in Computer Science to his counterpart from UJ?

Neither was I making jest of your school. I'm just trying to say ur points for judgement ain't factual. You can't say UNIJOS is better than CU because UJ has more students, same way I don't take serious ranking of universities by webometrics that base on website stuff
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
InansBobo:
fyi, MIT does not offer Medical courses, law courses and several art courses. Does that mean UDUS that offers them is any better

How can you say a place is more peaceful than another when you've not visited the two places concerned? Your reasoning style baffles me.

How do researchers (eg stutern) come up with their research analysis that CU graduates and UNN's are the most employable? Do u think they sat down in their comfort like you did(to say UDUS is the most peaceful?) They went out, used research methods, got their data from employers to come up with such. With the giant strides of CU recently, do you think an employer would not prefer a first class graduate from there in Computer Science to his counterpart from UJ?

Neither was I making jest of your school. I'm just trying to say ur points for judgement ain't factual. You can't say UNIJOS is better than CU because UJ has more students, same way I don't take serious ranking of universities by webometrics that base on website stuff
Now, you've made an incomplete enquiries about the school, that's what you should have done earlier. The offer many art course, some health and medical courses and law related courses. Degree holder in law can have their PG degree in Law there also. You can't compare any Nigeria university with MIT, because it's an institute of technology doesn't mean it doesn't offer art, social science, management science, religious science, pure science courses, unlike futminnq I wasn't even comparing MIT school with UDUS. Why are you just so serious about MIT I didn't even talk about, maybe because you think they deal with only technology courses.

Must I visit a place for me to know if it's peaceful or the most peaceful, if you are against the fact that UDUS is the most peaceful university, you can keep it for yourself, but as far I'm concerned, and based on the enquiries I've made, UDUS is the most peaceful university in Nigeria. You can create your own website and name futminna university as the most peaceful, that's none of my business.

About the most employable graduate, all graduate from Nigerian federal and state universities have equal right to get employed, weather you like it or not, stutern can't meet all employers, if you want a to argue about this, just pick a random organisation like NNPC, you can easily search about their previous and present chairmen, heads, and presidents just like I have done, you will find out it isn't about a particular university, it's random, some even studied abroad, I can't see any one from convenant university, normally there is nothing like most employable graduate in Nigeria education system. Everyone is equal before the law.

And I never said UDUS is better because we have more students, I accepted that we ar not among the top 10, I only prefer UDUS to futminna, for those that won't like to study engineering or technology related courses and
One should just have one degree and leave, I wouldn't tell my brother to choose UI or CU because it's the best or the most employable. When you have a good grade in any Nigeria university, no one will accuse you of studying in an under 20 university.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by InansBobo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nurrex:
Now, you've made an incomplete enquiries about the school, that's what you should have done earlier. The offer many art course, some health and medical courses and law related courses. Degree holder in law can have their PG degree in Law there also. You can't compare any Nigeria university with MIT, because it's an institute of technology doesn't mean it doesn't offer art, social science, management science, religious science, pure science courses, unlike futminnq I wasn't even comparing MIT school with UDUS. Why are you just so serious about MIT I didn't even talk about, maybe because you think they deal with only technology courses.

Must I visit a place for me to know if it's peaceful or the most peaceful, if you are against the fact that UDUS is the most peaceful university, you can keep it for yourself, but as far I'm concerned, and based on the enquiries I've made, UDUS is the most peaceful university in Nigeria. You can create your own website and name futminna university as the most peaceful, that's none of my business.

About the most employable graduate, all graduate from Nigerian federal and state universities have equal right to get employed, weather you like it or not, stutern can't meet all employers, if you want a to argue about this, just pick a random organisation like NNPC, you can easily search about their previous and present chairmen, heads, and presidents just like I have done, you will find out it isn't about a particular university, it's random, some even studied abroad, I can't see any one from convenant university, normally there is nothing like most employable graduate in Nigeria education system. Everyone is equal before the law.

And I never said UDUS is better because we have more students, I accepted that we ar not among the top 10, I only prefer UDUS to futminna, for those that won't like to study engineering or technology related courses and
One should just have one degree and leave, I wouldn't tell my brother to choose UI or CU because it's the best or the most employable. When you have a good grade in any Nigeria university, no one will accuse you of studying in an under 20 university.
I'm ok now since the message I'm trying to pass, you've got it.
A university is not any better by the number of courses they offer or by whether the University is specialized or conventional

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
logan2:
as far as im concerned the best university in nigeria from now till a century is covenant university,that school is indeed a school,
How is the undergraduate and postgraduate program like, are they fast or slow?
How is their hostel like is it good or up to standard?
Does lecturers teach well or they behave like other lecturers from other public universities?
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by barojana: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Covenant university is the only school in that list qualified to be called a uni

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by barojana: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

How is the undergraduate and postgraduate program like, are they fast or slow?
How is their hostel like is it good or up to standard?
Does lecturers teach well or they behave like other lecturers from other public universities?
I know about the PG.

24/7 electricity - na u go vex off the light urself

Extremely good internet - 15GB per month. Sometimes if you are lucky, they mistakenly give 150GB.

Air conditioned room with water heater room

You can own ur car, no nonsense rules for PG.

18 months is 18 months nothing more

Disadvantages
No cooking in hostel
Food can be sometimes expensive
Publishing in Scopus journals is a must which gives many ppl headache....

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by CodeTemplar: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nairatrend:
grin
This is a blog ranking and you just used grammar to bulldoze people in buying into your opinion.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by scofield2016: 2:14am On Jun 25, 2020
10 Facts You Never Knew About Private University Education in Nigeria

Whether we like it or not, Private universities in Nigeria have come to stay. While the majority of the Nigerian students troop to the public universities, quite a number of them still consider the private universities a great choice. Truly, private universities remain one of the best places to get a formal tertiary education in Nigeria.

Are You Considering A Private University In Nigeria? Why Not Go For The Best?

Southwestern University, Nigeria is a private institution licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria and regularly accredited by the Nigeria universities commission (NUC). The institution is located in Okun Owa, Ogun State, and was established to give students grounding in character and in learning for all-round excellence. It is a university with no religious affiliation and thus encourages student diversity as students are admitted irrespective of their religious or cultural background. The university offers bachelor’s degrees in courses cutting across science, technology, social, and management sciences. The institution’s authorities are in charge of providing accommodation facilities for its students.

Since the inception of civilization, education has been the bedrock of development and progress. The desire to make sure Nigerian youths receive good tertiary education has prompted the government to invite private individuals willing to participate in the provision of tertiary education in the country. With the licensing of the first private university in Nigeria in 1999, the number of private universities has increased to 79 surpassing the number of universities in Nigeria owned by the federal government or state government.

So it comes as no surprise that these days, when seeking post-secondary education, questions like “why study in a private university in Nigeria?” often arise. This article highlights several reasons why you should study in one. They are discussed below:

https://southwesternuniversity.edu.ng/10-facts-you-never-knew-about-private-university-education-in-nigeria/

Some Private Universities Enforce a Very Strict Code of Conduct:

Sometimes it appears that the university is the dissolving point for all moral standards and for this reason, many parents are often afraid to watch their teenagers go off to the university alone. For this reason and many others, several private universities enforce a very strict code of conduct that must be strictly adhered to by all students and if anyone defaults, he/she will be penalized appropriately. With this insistence of adherence to moral values, some private universities have been able to put some sort of check on the rate of moral decadence amongst students. This goes a long way in molding students to be disciplined individuals.

Gaining Admission into a Private University Is Quite Easier

The level of competition for admission into private universities is very low thus allowing you to study your dream course with no hindrance. For instance, people seeking admission in the Department Of Economics in a private university might be a little over thirty on the other hand; you’ll have over ten thousand secondary school leavers, seeking to study Economics in University Of Ibadan while the institution might have slots open for just five hundred students. This has made gaining admission into private universities very easy when compared with a public universities.
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by Yello1(m): 6:36am On Jun 25, 2020
nicolasakins:
AAUA...
still wondering how that school makes it 2 dat list.
This is educative enough,but it shud ve bin posted here b4 dos jambite made der choice.
Hav u ever seen d product of d schul not performing? I doubt. Most of us after graduation proceeded to d university of ibadan and the likes for our postgraduate training and statistically we hav neva disappointed wen compared to students from the self and nuc tagged best schools
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by mdan(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Nairatrend:
Are you in search of the best universities in Nigeria? In this post, we bring you the top 20 Nigerian universities without any form of bias or influence.

This comprehensive list is ranked by UniRank, using valid, unbiased and non-influenced web metrics provided by independent web intelligence sources rather than data submitted by the Universities themselves.

As of today, Nigeria has over 150 approved universities by the National University Commission (NUC).

The essence of this approval is to safeguard the education sector from unworthy institutions that will give out fake and undeserving certificates.

Checkout the top 20 best universities in Nigeria as at now in 2019;

1. University of Ibadan, Ibadan
2. University of Nigeria, Nsukka
3. University of Lagos, Lagos
4. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
5. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
6. University of Ilorin, Ilorin
7. Covenant University, Ota
8. Landmark University, Omu-Aran
9. University of Benin, Benin City
10. Federal University of Technology, Akure
11. Federal University of Technology, Minna
12. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
13. Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
14. Kwara State University, Ilorin
15. University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
16. Lagos State University, Ojo
17. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
18. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
19. University of Uyo, Uyo
20. Bayero University Kano, Kano
These are top 20 best universities in Nigeria..

Guys �

Rep Your School If It’s One Of Them

Photos below :

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/top-20-best-universities-in-nigeria-for-the-year-2019-no-14-is-unbelievable/

Cc ;lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

Where's is my Unizik?
Re: Top 20 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2019 (no. 14 Is Unbelievable) by jpawjpaw(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2020
where's my MAUTech?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures: IBBU Lecturer Trapped And Exposed By Female Student (graphic Content) / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 / Nasarawa State Government Budgets N1.2bn For Student Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.