Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes (10451 Views)

Chika Ike's Dress At 76th Cannes Film Festival In France / Linda Ikeji And Her Family Members In Cannes, France (Photo) / Okwy Chukwujekwu "Main Bossman’s Burial Date Announced By AGN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by jaymee0(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
No Nigerian on the list
Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by JaceBlaze: 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
XhosaNostra:

"Black excellence" too. Whatever that means. To me it's a sign of insecurity. Because why can't you just create your waves, let them speak for you without all these labels & noise.
Insecurity it is.And not to mention that during this black history month "we" celebrate lies,there is a list floating on the net that recognise blacks as the builders of first spaceships & aeroplanes and that it was blacks who built Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by XhosaNostra(f): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Insecurity it is.And not to mention that during this black history month "we" celebrate lies,there is a list floating on the net that recognise blacks as the builders of first spaceships & aeroplanes and that it was blacks who built Egypt.

Lol, I've seen that. Even if that were true, it's in the past. I'm not a big believer in gloating about past glories. What matters is now. Have we done anything similar recently? That's more important imo than the pyramids that were built in a long distant past.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by JaceBlaze: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, I've seen that. Even if that were true, it's in the past. I'm not a big believer in gloating about past glories. What matters is now. Have we done anything similar recently? That's more important imo than the pyramids that were built in a long distant past.
You have said it all.My question has always been...why couldn't the same black people that supposedly built Egypt use the same concrete material used to build pyramids and build houses with it instead of using mud?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by XhosaNostra(f): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:
You have said it all.My question has always been...why couldn't the same black people that supposedly built Egypt use the same concrete material used to build pyramids and build houses with it instead of using mud?

grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by vioment: 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2019
I nor see naija there; could this be a coup against naija entertainers or could it be because of all the background music that is louder than the conversations; or have you eaten - talk for every movie; abii na d ritual ones; Anyway sha, nollywood fellows dey try for themselves and nigeria, all my foreign erimas even know naija movies pass me wey dey see dem dey act on the road. Their trippings dey make me wonder and respect nollywood small.
Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by Cyclops10: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Genevieve will make the list next year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Black Filmmakers Announced By Black History Month Diversity In Cannes by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
Awesome. I was looking for some faces but I found none.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Spend My Free Time Having Sex - Nicki Minaj / Meet Actor Odunlade Adekola's Wife, Says They Have Never Quarrelled For Once / [photos] Girl Twerk Seriously During Praise And Worship In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.