Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON (17116 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Otedola To Give $250,000 To Super Eagles If They Win AFCON - Godwin Emefiele / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by quickly: 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
lowering expectations

On paper senegal and egypt has the best team.

Other teams like CIV and Ghana also get better teams.

Trust egypt to do rigging
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by fordunit(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
ucsquare:
g

What exactly is G?

And y'all struggling for FTC will still want people to take you seriously even in real life. Mtcheeew!
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by faro02455(m): 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
lloyds:
Trying to push pressure off his boys. . so they van focus better.

Its called mind games.
Obviously, you are not small boy in following football.
Kudos man.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by lexy2014: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
otipoju:
I just no gbadun this coach at all. Before any competition, he will use his mouth to downplay the chances of eagles.

If you believe they cant win then why are you coaching them.

He does it so that u won't expect anything from him cos he knows he wouldn't do well. By d time they start playing rubbish, he will remind Nigerians what he is saying now. We say na foreign coach we want. Na d foreign coach b this. D guy na yahoo coach
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by lexy2014: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
humberjade:
Mind game, and at the same time taking pressure off his team.

He did d same thing b4 d world cup. We all saw how that turned out
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Famocious(m): 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
That's what you get from a manager full of pessimistic philosophy..

Even his approach to games, formation and substitution reek of defeatist mentality... undecided
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Akanoaaa(m): 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
Super eagle can't win spoon under this man. I swear I beta pass that man in coaching role. Dindinrin man
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by oluxy(m): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
[quote author=otipoju post=76349584]I just no gbadun this coach at all. Before any competition, he will use his mouth to downplay the chances of eagles.

If you believe they cant win then why are you coaching them.[/quot

If I were d person interviewing him, I would just ask him when he think they can't win, why u coaching them?

I don't know why d person interviewing didn't ask him that simple question
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by chimeziedickson: 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
I think he is indirectly reducing the pressure the guys will have by telling them that they will not be victorious ....Mind game thou.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by TGMISKY(m): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2019
Nice statement. That'll at least take some pressure off the players
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by humberjade: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2019
lexy2014:

He did d same thing b4 d world cup. We all saw how that turned out

grin
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by maik99(m): 12:46am On Mar 05, 2019
lloyds:

Its called mind games.

i stand with you.. i believe he has different words for the boys behind closed doors..This is just media show
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Kachi4christ(m): 12:54am On Mar 05, 2019
Relax that's just a mind game the man is playing
otipoju:
I just no gbadun this coach at all. Before any competition, he will use his mouth to downplay the chances of eagles.

Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Kachi4christ(m): 12:56am On Mar 05, 2019
Sweetheart relax is mind game OK
Even man city coach said they can't win league at the start of the season but now they are about to win it....
It is called mind game
dominique:

That's too bad. You don't even have faith in the team you're coaching. How are they going to get positive results when their no.1 cheerleader has given up on them?
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by FisifunKododada: 1:25am On Mar 05, 2019
If Rohr cannot win AFCON, then he has no business managing this team. Keshi won AFCON and got us to 2nd round WC and still got sacked without full payment. Rohr could not come out of WC 1st round and now he is lowering expectation for AFCON. What is the use of foreign coach if our home-coaches are better?

Did he not play the same mind game prior to the last WC and got kicked out in the 1st round?

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by samsard(m): 1:35am On Mar 05, 2019
smallsmall:

What do we actually expect from a coach who does not see ONE GOOD FOOTBALLER good enough for his Team, in a nation of close to 200million soccer-crazy people?
All he does is go and assemble some half-castes who cant get into the team of their country of birth and some other "foreign based players", thinking that is all it takes to win a tournament.

Did we even learn anything from the world cup failure?
YOU want him to pick NPFL players?? Our league is as bad as it gets!! Most of the local players failed woefully when they were called upon, and many of them haven't played on a big really competitive state.
If I may ask, how many local players does a Brazil or Argentina call up to its national team when there are tested talents in European leagues
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Rossikki: 1:51am On Mar 05, 2019
otipoju:

I've said that there are people bribing this man to make Eagles underachieve. Even at the World Cup, he deliberately made terrible decisions that cost us progress in the tourney, after downplaying our team's pedigree in public just as he's doing now. The international betting syndicates have him.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Rossikki: 1:53am On Mar 05, 2019
lloyds:

Its called mind games.

BULLSHIT AND HORSE MANURE.

What he's doing gives the players an inferiority complex as a team.

What ''pressure'' are you talking about?
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by otipoju(m): 1:57am On Mar 05, 2019
Rossikki:

I've said that there are people bribing this man to make Eagles underachieve. Even at the World Cup, he deliberately made terrible decisions that cost us progress in the tourney, after downplaying our team's pedigree in public just as he's doing now. The international betting syndicates have him.

Its very possible. Even if your team na otu, no be the coach go dey talk sey dem no get any chance to win.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by repogirl(f): 3:05am On Mar 05, 2019
Lol...Rohr is definitely a realist, not a blind optimist like the rest of us. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by hardbody: 3:22am On Mar 05, 2019
lloyds:

Its called mind games.

You understand football bro. He wants Nigeria to come in as the underdog with little attention on them and before the others know what has hit them we would have become unstoppable. Did you notice he spoke only about rankings not current performance.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 05, 2019
haha no one even read the whole thing only the topic which is misleading. He did not say we cant win AFCON, he said we are not at the top 3 in AFRICA based on fifa ranking.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Seebrian(m): 4:39am On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmm, wenti I know about football. it is well.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by ehemwhy(m): 6:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Nice one... The underdog status has always favoured the super eagles... We've always done well when we least expect... Tunisia, Atalanta, South Africa all bear testament .
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Section7: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2019
That's d best way to talk. Bragging of winning won't make sense
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by donbenie(m): 7:10am On Mar 05, 2019
otipoju:

Na so the guy do for world cup, wey Mikel had to correct am.
Thank God you're not a Coach,because you obviously won't make a very good one..

You don't over hype your Players nor your chances going into a Match /Tournament,many Coaches do it ALL the time,even in the EPL..

Nigeria obviously is not the BEST in Africa,except for the blindly loyal and using that fact to relieve pressure off of your Players is what a good Coach should do..

And he NEVER said they can't WIN,just that they are NOT Favorites,which is the GOSPEL truth..
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:14am On Mar 05, 2019
He's only looking at it from the angle of fifa ranking...
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by baratech: 7:15am On Mar 05, 2019
He's reducing pressure on the team
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by otipoju(m): 7:44am On Mar 05, 2019
donbenie:
Thank God you're not a Coach,because you obviously won't make a very good one..

You don't over hype your Players nor your chances going into a Match /Tournament,many Coaches do it ALL the time,even in the EPL..

Nigeria obviously is not the BEST in Africa,except for the blindly loyal and using that fact to relieve pressure off of your Players is what a good Coach should do..

And he NEVER said they can't WIN,just that they are NOT Favorites,which is the GOSPEL truth..

Interestingly, i am a FIFA Licensed Coach. And i got my license from the United States Soccer Federation.
There is nothing wrong in saying we are going there to win.Then put in the the work to actually win.

Great coaches dont talk like that.its a horrible mindset.
Re: Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON by bigtt76(f): 7:58am On Mar 05, 2019
He's a wise man now! cheesy cheesy cheesy

PlugBlogng:
Gernot Rohr Omits Nigeria From Possible Teams To Win AFCON

Nigeria coach, Gernot Rohr, has played down the chances of the Super Eagles winning the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

He argued that Nigeria are not among the top three ranked teams in Africa.

The German gaffer noted that Nigeria did not qualify for the last two editions of the Africa Cup of Nations, hence their poor Fifa ranking.

The former Burkina Faso coach picked three North African countries, as well as Senegal as the favourites for the title.

“No, I do not think we can say that. When we look at the ranking of Africa and FIFA, we are not the first African country,” says Genrot Rohr

“There are other countries in front of us, I think we are fourth. There is Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt that may be favourite at home for the AFCON, there is also Senegal in front of us.

“The ranking is not just the latest results, but for a few years. In 2014, 2015, Nigeria was not great and did not qualify for the last two AFCON. It has somewhat handicapped its ranking at FIFA and Africa,” he added.

Gist From Bigbamzz
https://www.bigbamzz.com/gernot-rohr-omits-nigeria-from-possible-teams-to-win-afcon/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pics Of Asisat Oshoala & Others Training Ahead Of Super Falcons Vs Gambia Match / Nigeria U20 Vs Portugal U20 - Toulon Int'l Tournament (1 - 2) On 6th June 2013 / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.