Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi (3937 Views)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Was The Main Rigger Of 2023 Election Not Tinubu / Chatham House: Presidential Election Not Conducted In Line With INEC’s Guideline / Aregbesola, Ganduje, Osinbajo, Others Converge For Ajimobi's Remembrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by vonxe: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
Samleen:
I learnt Seyi Makinde is a former student at MIT (one of world's 10 best intitution), he is also a Billionaire.
he took some professional courses in MIT.
Both are billionaires
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by smartleo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
gbolah1:
Personally I like makinde, his a nice man but I doubt is ability to manage oyo state better than Adelabu.
Adelabu will do better in term of infrastructure development and revenue generation but there will be less money sharing in his government while makinde will be a big donor to many people that will be need of cash in his government but infrastructure will be less.
This are the main different between APC and PDP government. We should choose what we want among the two.
what is this one saying self . rubbish talk.Between a successful business man and a government appointee who has more entrepreneural brain to generate revenue for infrastructural development.Just pack well joor
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by chozzy: 9:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
sagitariusbaby:
I'm very certain that the people of Oyo hate the master/slave relationship so typical of Tinubu. Even elected governors with all their rights act as slaves to Tinubu, they rather please him than please the people who elected them. Makinde is the man of the people, Oyo people should make no mistake by not voting him come March 9th. Oyo must work again and that can only happen when you give Makinde an overwhelming majority vote.
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Olasunkanmiboss(f): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
Vote all grassroots alliance (dove sign) governorship aspirant (Dr okunlola David oluwafemi) as Governor of Oyo state
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Yusuf54: 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
Samleen:
Here Is Why APC Will Never Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Just Because Of Ajimobi

Try and meet anybody on the streets of Oyo state and ask who their next governor is, the simple brief answer they will give you is "Seyi Makinde". Many card carrying members of the APC party in Oyo state will also give you similar answer due to facts as explored in this writeup.

It is no longer a new fact that the present outgoing Governor of Oyo State, Senator Isaac Abiola Ajimobi, has stepped on many toes, he is megalomanaic and has lifted himself to the status of a deity. He lacks Iwa Omoluabi, sympathy, and has insulted the intelligence of both young and adult citizens of Oyo state who elected him for the governorship mandate. This may be a minor issue anyway among several reasons why peope of Oyo state will not vote the APC candidate.

The recent intervention by Tinubu and the weakling action exibited by a former governor and gubernatorial candidate of ADP, Alao Akala are just actions and despiration which will end in futility if the mandate of the people is allowed.

1. Mr. Tinubu is the pro chancellor and chairman of governing council of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Lautech, and the both state governors whose Lautech is in their charge are member of APC party where Asiwaju Tinubu is their party leader. We expect him to use his influence to bring about a change but as much as I know, he never for once show any care to call the two governors and liase with them about how an end can come to the incessant strike in the institution.

A Yoruba adage stated: Agba kii wa l'oja ki ori omo tuntun o wo, but I dont think this context can be apply to Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu with what has happened in the history of Lautech. However in contrast and for whatever reason it maybe, whether political or eleemosynary, Seyi Makinde was the greatest donor of the #SaveLautech donation.

2. With the many wealth of Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos state and years of his been the Chacellor of the University, Lautech, I have not notice a single structure in the school in his name built by him; not even a classroom. I remember I saw him fly and landed one of his Helicopters in the school premises but what has this got to do with the thousands of students whose destinies were put on hold, and the insult by the "constituted authority" who instead of putting soothing balm on the wounds of the irate students, decide to treat them like nonentity.

Now Asiwaju Tinubu is coming around to act like a god and a savior of Oyo state.

3. The Mr. Adebayo Adelabu, the Oyo APC gubernatorial candidate has tried to divide the good people of Oyo state along the religion line (using the divide and conquer trick). His religous instigating comments about Seyi Makinde showed how distant he has been from the people of Oyo state over the time.

Residents of Oyo state are educated and mature beyond the shackles of religion, we are elites and cannot be limited by religion. Every extended family in Oyo state is a mixture of people of both religion.

That statement of his with intention to cause division using religion shows that he is not better than the present outgoing Governor. An elder state man and a true leader will never and ever cause division amoung his people. If Adebayo is given the chance, he will turn the back of many people and create more division in the Oyo state to achieve his any goal and the will of his god fathers.

4. Mr. Tinubu cannot extend his god fatherism and hegemony to Ibadan and Oyo state at large as we all know the result of his political dominance in the Lagos state. We need no governor who will exalt the will of his god fathers (about three of them) over the will of the people who voted him into office.

Even, many of the card carrying APC member will not vote Adedubu as they still regret the fact that Mr Tinubu of Lagos state in conjuction with Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state brought Adebayo Adelabu and lord him over the APC party in Oyo state disregarding the rights to have a say of other party member who have been loyal to the party and have working for it in the past eight years.

Note:* I'm not politician, I dont belong to any political party and have never meet or have any thing to do with Seyi Makinde. These are my observations over the time and considering the recent happenings in my state, Oyo State.
Forget about Ajimobi issue..In the Just concluded National Assembly Election In Oyo State, APC won 9 house of representative seats out of 14 and won 2 senatarial seats out of 3. With Akala now supporting Adelabu and aggrieved former APc members in ADC also supportn Adelabu,ApC will win...
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Yusuf54: 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
yesloaded:

Is this a joke or word out of ignorance? In terms of academic qualification, Seyi has it than Adelabu. In terms of exposure, experience about management, service to humanity etc Seyi has done it better than Adelabu. What are you saying? Seyi has been managing his private business even when Bayo was still in school.
Adelabu, a first class graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, A PHD holder,The Youngest Deputy Governor of CBN in the History of Nigeria...He is still in his 30's
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by yesloaded: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
Yusuf54:
Adelabu, a first class graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, A PHD holder,The Youngest Deputy Governor of CBN in the History of Nigeria...He is still in his 30's
Adelabu is in his 40s sir, in fact late 40s because he is 49years. We have loads of first class graduate there even I'm field tougher than his.

Bold part of your post is one of the reason why I hardly engage some people when it comes yo politics because they were ill informed.
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
Election will speak
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
The end is justifying the means already in Oyo state
Re: Here Is Why APC Will Not Win Oyo Gubernatorial Election; Not Even For Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2019
The election in Oyo state would have been the best of its kind but for the killings.

Congratulations to the people of Oyo state, congratulations to Engr. Seyi Makinde

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call To Divide Nigeria Causes Exchange Of Punches, Blows Among Rep Members (vide / Kaduna Youths Wash Off Tinubu’s Footprints, Burn Brooms After APC Failed Rally / Peter Obi Jogging On Onitsha Dirty Street With Open Gutters He Refused To Fix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.