Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind (951 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by qwenu: 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
Each time I see what is going on in other African countries especially the “small ones” that do not have the resources and potentials of Nigeria, I get angry and say what is wrong with us.

By now, Nigeria should be part of the Seven Wonders of the World that people from other countries rush to visit. Funny enough, we have no excuse or whatsoever to be where we are today, given the fact that God gave us everything.

In 1994, something terrible that shocked the world happened in Rwanda. It was a 100 days genocide that led to the death of 800,000 people who were mostly Tutsi. After this satanic carnage, the country was on the brink of total collapse but miraculous like a phoenix she has resurrected and left many African countries including Nigeria the supposedly giant of Africa behind.

Please note that Nigeria has also had her fair share of ethnic war (1966-1970) but she has not allowed the experience to transform her.

Key areas where Rwanda has left Nigeria behind

Women participation in politics

Currently, in Rwanda, women hold 64% of the seats in parliament. This percentage beats all other countries of the world including the United of America where women have equal rights with women. Sadly in Nigeria, where women participation in politics is still viewed with prejudice, the percentage is low (6.2%). Honestly, I am disappointed that a country like Rwanda that was about to sink 25 years ago has now surpassed Nigeria in the area of women participation in politics.

Education

In Rwanda, from primary to secondary school, education is free and compulsory for both boys and girls. She invests a significant part of her budget in education, contrary to the small amount Nigeria invests. Though primary and secondary education is free in some states in Nigeria. But even at that, the quality is very low.

Health

It is a priority in Rwanda. Over 90% of the population is covered by health insurance. Making it possible for them to get basic healthcare regardless of their financial strength. Maternal mortality has also reduced drastically. Unfortunately, primary healthcare is a disaster in Nigeria. For this reason, many who are rich do not patronize them, they prefer to fly to India and America for medical treatment, leaving the poor people to bear the brunt of leadership failure. Read full article: https://qwenu.com/2019/03/02/key-areas-where-rwanda-has-left-nigeria-behind/

Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by Dreyl(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
Nigeria is cursed, I guess you don't know that.

1 Like

Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by upower123(m): 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
One day I will travel to the country
Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by Mariangeles(f): 9:07am On Mar 05, 2019
It is so sad !
Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by MrLankeeee(m): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2019
I have been wondering why I keep seeing "vISIT RWANDA" when watching premier league matches.

Make God pick my calls lemme jakpa outta dis country.
Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by TommyAnthem(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2019
The wrong people (NORTH) won the Nigeria civil war that is why we are still having same symptoms that led to the civil war after 50 years without it being addressed, development is a taboo in their land. Nigeria will never ever develop inasmuch as they are in control of the political affairs of this country. Goodnight Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Key Areas Where Rwanda Has Left Nigeria Behind by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Rwanda and Botswana are the rising stars of Africa.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Akwa Ibom: Top Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Akwa Ibom And T / How Can I Change My Father's Visa Interview Location / After Lagos Is Which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.