Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,128 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47697 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Animegirl(f): 1:24pm On Feb 01
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

210 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria. People who are still getting married and giving birth to Nigerian born children are some of the bravest human beings on earth.

514 Likes 47 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Animegirl(f): 1:46pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria. People who are still getting married and giving birth to Nigerian born children are some of the bravest human beings on earth.

Exactly.

My prayer points keep changing every day with how dire the situation is getting in Nigeria. I pray for something today, but when I check the news or go outside, I find myself having to change my prayer points again, if you know what I mean. It's becoming exhausting in this country.

Even for the basic things I need in this country, I find myself having to "work too hard" for them

Imagine me praying for common NEPA to bring electricity to keep my business moving.

238 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:

Exactly.

My prayer points keep changing every day with how dire the situation is getting in Nigeria. I pray for something today, but when I check the news or go outside, I find myself having to change my prayer points again, if you know what I mean. It's becoming exhausting in this country.

Even for the basic things I need in this country, I find myself having to "work too hard" for them

Imagine me praying for common NEPA to bring electricity to keep my business moving.

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

336 Likes 39 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by RepoMan007: 2:04pm On Feb 01
who wouldn't?

you can earn peanuts there and do real stuff here still. imagine erecting mansions while doing a low paying job in your japa destination.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mindlog: 2:56pm On Feb 01
Things are getting tighter and tougher.

Made the right decision, permanently leaving 11 years ago.

67 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by nairalee(m): 5:12pm On Feb 01
Born a Nigerian
Born into a poor family
Born ugly
Born without connections
Born timid
Raised with threats of future failure if u don't follow the rules
Grow up under systemic failure
Marry fellow poor spouse
Give birth in poverty

THE VICIOUS CYCLE OF POVERTY CONTINUES

231 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by bouncin04(m): 5:13pm On Feb 01
What do you want us to do now ?

8 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Ebukamatth(m): 5:13pm On Feb 01
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by adesegun121(m): 5:13pm On Feb 01
Ok
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by bunmioguns(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01
no need envying

it is not easy anywhere

we gather dey naija together

as long as this life dey

hope plenty

don't stop hustling

and never be ashamed of your hustling

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Kingray10: 5:14pm On Feb 01
I swear...
It's easier for a camel to pass through the eyes of a niddle, than for Average Nigerian to go to a first world country.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Obierika(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01
Just don't jump from fry pan to fire because you're in a hurry to leave Nigeria!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:14pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Our Reply at dem MANNA......

MANNABBQGRlLLS:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become an Alligator in Canada....

It's not about the age, no matter how old you are.
Have a good mindset and pray for God's blessings and you will make it.
Or no matter where you are.

BLESSINGS come ONLY from above......so says Our HOLY BOOK.

Cheers and all da very best for the future our darling Animegirl ❤️

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by gaby(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:

Keep pushing and believing.

First of all, learn and imbibe the culture of gratitude.

Then naturally take on the habit of giving without expecting anything in return and without inconveniencing yourself to do so in case you are also struggling.

Just be grateful to life, nature, and your creator however the circumstances be. Even when things don't go my way, the next word out of my mouth is "I'm Grateful Lord".

I once lived in a house with a mini forest looking over my balcony. The balcony was where I hangout to inhale my Ziggy those days. Being one who loves nature and the greenery, I soon found myself admiring the trees, appreciating nature, and just conversing with and negotiating with the trees to hear and bear me witness.

The rest they say is history. Even me no believe nor understand the catapulting. The only thing I knew was that I had my ways made right with life, nature, humans, and my chi and my heart habored no ills.

Na from there I understand the confidence wey Pators take dey do their business.

These days I take life jeje with the full confidence that I can conjure the positives that I desire and should it go south, I understand it wasn't meant to be or just wasn't ripe, yet.

Love your fellow humans genuinely and purge yourself of every bitterness and hatred. And above all, die every ounce of the spirit of self-doubt, negative thoughts, and utterances within you. Trust and believe in yourself.

Try out these and watch your life...

Tested, proven, and trusted..

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by kaziblake(f): 5:14pm On Feb 01
I can’t wait to leave

13 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by JayPeeOham: 5:15pm On Feb 01
True!

Make person no deceive you!

Someone once said 80% of those of us who are still in Nigeria are here because we haven't gotten the means to leave.

If you say na lie, make government just do mistake announce say tomorrow free flight dey to any country of your choice, just go to any international airport close to you with or without passport, just go with your NIN or BVN then you go see wonders! grin

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Born2conquer: 5:15pm On Feb 01
Don't envy us, some of us don commot but we never see work. Na still naira we dey convert dey take live here

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by tiswell(m): 5:15pm On Feb 01
Leaving Nigeria has zero regrets

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Built2last: 5:15pm On Feb 01
What is sickening is that all measures by CBN to stop the rise of dollars will never fix it.

At best it slows the rising dollar and up it goes again.

We have refused to address the core issue.

If we don't have a circular economy that brings in dollars forget all the borrowing to cussion the dollar. Forget the rules given to banks to sell their dollar reserve. Politicians and individuals will take it and keep cash at home.

Dollar needs to be in circulation for naira to be strengthened

Why are private schools in Nigeria collecting dollars as school fees.

Why are most NGOs in Nigeria being paid in dollars when the leave and shop in Nigerian economy.

In all my travelled life. I don't know any economy dollarised like Nigeria.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Greystone: 5:15pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:

You and me both.
Over 90% of my friends are living and working in the UK and US.
When they were processing their movements, I didn’t see the urgency.
It’s not too late to leave though it is much more difficult now.
Don’t give up on your dreams.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
You've said it all. 👏
END OF THREAD.

Our Reply at dem MANNA......

MANNABBQGRlLLS:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become an Alligator in Canada....

It's not about the age, no matter how old you are.
Have a good mindset and pray for God's blessings and you will make it.
Or no matter where you are.

BLESSINGS come ONLY from above......so says Our HOLY BOOK.

Cheers and all da very best for the future our darling Animegirl ❤️

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Franktom247(m): 5:16pm On Feb 01
[quote author=tensazangetsu20 post=128234754]

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

Let them keep taking the light abeg free ice cream

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 5:16pm On Feb 01
Dollar and pounds should remain as it is now for the next 8years.... Anything less, I might commit suicide!

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by saddler: 5:17pm On Feb 01
Best decision i ever made .

You see living abroad is not easy especially for new immigrants. You virtually have to work extra hard to settle in.

If your country of choice is in Europe, then the language barrier is there which will ensure you are only considered for the hard/stressful jobs available until you get comfortable with the language. But the positive thing is that you earn a living wage.The weather is another cause of concern.
The winter months are usually harsh and you have to adapt to working under the biting cold.

Then there is systemic racism especially at the work place and rarely anywhere in the country.

In the midst of all these problems, when you look back at Nigeria, you console yourself and feel good for leaving Nigeria behind.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Roger3D(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:

You envy us for what? It's an illusion sold to you by Hollywood movies. There are challenges everywhere

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AMAUCHESKY(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01
Not only

bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life.. let me help you out via my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo) / The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.