Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes (1001 Views)

Actors, Actresses Endorse Sanwo-Olu For Second Term (Actors) / 377 Wards’ Chairmen Endorse Sanwo-olu, Ambode, Others To Face Direct Primary / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by mygame: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN endorse Sanwo-Olu, promise Igbo votes

ON MARCH 4, 20197:34 PMIN ELECTIONS 2019 UPDATES, NEWS8 COMMENTS

The Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) has endorsed the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu for the Lagos State Gubernatorial elections.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, flanked by APC Governorship Candidate in Lagos, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu (right) and his running mate, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat (left) during a road show across the State ahead of the Governorship election, on Monday, March 4, 2019.

In a briefing by TAN Secretary General, Mr Chidi Omeje and National Coordinator Ifeanyi Ubah on Monday, the group said that they were mobilizing Igbos and other Lagosians for the APC candidate.
TAN said that the endorsement was a welI-thought decision that had become exigent after extensive deliberations and consultations with key stakeholders in Lagos state while giving due consideration to the manifesto of every contestant.

He said that the group had no doubt that Sanwo-Olu represents the “next level” Lagos state was in dire need of.

“Sanwo-OIu antecedents speak volume of his rare qualities, transparency, financial discipline, accountability and fairness.

“He represents the vision and passion for a greater Lagos State and we are proud to have endorsed his candidature and eventual succession as the Governor of Lagos State.

“We are of the ardent belief that the strategic focus of Mr Sanwo Olu’s administration will certainly build a better tomorrow filled with opportunities, unity and hope for Lagosians.

“A vote for Sanwo-Olu is a vote for economic prosperity, infrastructural development and most importantly, qualitative governance and institutional reforms.

“In light of the foregoing and by this press release, we hereby activate with immediate effect, all our political structures and mechanisms, door-to-door campaigners, market groups as well as other key groups and structures which have been used to achieve ground breaking and historic feats in Lagos State so as to ensure that Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the APC is returned elected as the next Governor of Lagos State, the group said.

The Secretary General while reading the text of the briefing, called on well-meaning Nigerians to join the group in working assiduously in a bid to install good governance at all levels.

Let us all join hands to ensure that Lagos State attains the Next Level through the election of credible, competent. qualified and honorable men and women into political offices, under a free, fair and democratic process.

Responding to questions after the briefing, the Young Progressives Party (YPP) Senator-elect for Anambra South and Chairman of Capital Oil, Ifeanyi Ubah, said that they had widely consulted with Igbos in Lagos and were representing their decision.

Ubah who was worried that the endorsement may be misinterpreted as anti-party activity being a YPP candidate, stressed that TAN’s decision had nothing to do with party affiliation.

He described the endorsement as a discussion of people’s interest and TAN’s interest.

“TAN is a national platform but also we have our ethnic structure.

“For the Igbo in Lagos we are speaking for them, we have consulted them widely. We have told them why it is important to support APC structure and to vote in Sanwo-Olu come Saturday.

“Visible work starts tomorrow but we have done some underground work prior to this press briefing.

“The most important thing is that we will not want to have friction with the Yoruba or any other ethnic group in Lagos. I think we are coming in at this point in time to swiftly get involved by putting in a round peg in a round hole.

“You should know very well that if it were to be issue of party I will not be here speaking because I am mindful of anti-party as a candidate of YPP.

“I am here in the interest of our Board of Trustees and TAN structure, which have mandated me to speak on their behalf,” he
Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by mygame: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
That says it all. Lagos is already captured by APC.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Just to protect his business interests in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
His brothers will be in sefia pain over this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by garetz: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
Stupid comment

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
garetz:

Stupid comment
Very stupid comment I must say
Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Gullah: 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
I Never knew you were among the foolish people on this forum. The few of your posts I have seen before used to make sense to me. What a shame sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gullah:

I Never knew you were among the foolish people on this forum. The few of your posts I have seen before used to make sense to me. What a shame sad
Don't be ashamed, I stated the obvious, you should know that not everyone will be happy with this endorsement coming from a big person like him.. the truth is THEY WON'T BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!! let's call a spade a spade. He gave his endorsement for his own personal interest if u don't know.... The name of the game is POLITICS, it's a game of interest. Those interested in keeping the apc candidate out of the way won't be happy, I say things the way I see them and mind you ,we all are entitled to our opinion..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Gullah: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

Don't be ashamed, I stated the obvious, you should know that not everyone will be happy with this endorsement coming from a big person like him.. the truth is THEY WON'T BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!! let's call a spade a spade. He gave his endorsement for his own personal interest if u don't know.... The name of the game is POLITICS, it's a game of interest. Those interested in keeping the apc candidate out of the way won't be happy, I say things the way I see them and mind you ,we all are entitled to our opinion..
I am not against anyone having whatever political opinions they want to have, I myself don't shy away from expressing mine. What I detest about nairaland is the tribal bitterness and hatred that is rampant here. What did you intend to achieve by saying his "brothers" will be in severe pains? Are there no Igbo APC supporters as there are Yoruba PDP supporters? Why single out his tribe as being in severe pains rather than the opposition party being in severe pains? The spirit in which you wrote that comment is not right. Look, you own your device and data, I can't stop you from writing whatever you want to, just that I was surprised seeing such from you because some of your other posts I have been opportuned to see were rather matured. There are some well known characters on this forum that I wouldn't have even batted an eyelid if they were the ones that made that comment. I will only advice you to always take the high ground and be one of the better persons and matured minds in this kindergarten playground called nairaland. I know sometimes the temptation to join in the bitterness and ethnic bashings can be very tempting, I sometimes have been tempted to even join in but I just had to ask myself what is there to gain by joining the display of childishness happening on this forum. It's just not worth the stress my dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gullah:

I am not against anyone having whatever political opinions they want to have, I myself don't shy away from expressing mine. What I detest about nairaland is the tribal bitterness and hatred that is rampant here. What did you intend to achieve by saying his "brothers" will be in severe pains? Are there no Igbo APC supporters as there are Yoruba PDP supporters? Why single out his tribe as being in severe pains rather than the opposition party being in severe pains? The spirit in which you wrote that comment is not right. Look, you own your device and data, I can't stop you from writing whatever you want to, just that I was surprised seeing such from you because some of your other posts I have been opportuned to see were rather matured. There are some well known characters on this forum that I wouldn't have even batted an eyelid if they were the ones that made that comment. I will only advice you to always take the high ground and be one of the better persons and matured minds in this kindergarten playground called nairaland. I know sometimes the temptation to join in the bitterness and ethnic bashings can be very tempting, I sometimes have been tempted to even join in but I just had to ask myself what is there to gain by joining the display of childishness happening on this forum. It's just not worth the stress my dear.
look,we see things differently and have different perceptions about people's comments on This platform ,the spirit with which u interpreted my comment and the response u gave tells a lot.... Did I sound insultive to your response? NO, instead I took time to explain to you what we both know is the fact, now the meaning you read to whatever comment remains your opinion and I respect that ,you will never see me insult people over there comments or choice of words... Be it his brothers or the opposition, I said what I said. ... if this endorsement had come from the other side ,I will still say it this way, if truly you have been following my post u should have known by now that I don't support any of the 2 top political parties because to me they are all jokers..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by Viergeachar: 8:08am On Mar 05, 2019
Balkan:
you just lost one vote for this unguided statement

Oya sorry... wink grin
Re: Lagos: Ifeanyi Ubah, TAN Endorse Sanwo-olu, Promise Igbo Votes by quickberry(m): 8:31am On Mar 05, 2019
garetz:

Stupid comment

It takes a stupid "commenter" to identify a stupid comment

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa Supplementary Election Result Collation Begins 8pm —REC / / Aisha Buhari Dumps Wife Of The President Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.