Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos (14976 Views)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / My Collection Of Favorite Islamic Songs / Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Roliks09: 6:01am On Aug 31, 2010
I have observed, with dismay the videos of so- called Islamic songs. I watch helplessly as core islamic values are thrown to the winds. The unfortunate thing is that these videos now serve as what people (non-muslims esp) see as ideal islam.
My paramount grudge is that of using women in the videos. From my little understanding, women arent supposed to be dancing in public. So why do we have local videos with women dancing and no body seems to be saying anything.
2ndly, these women dont cover well. Subhannallah! I seriously pray that it wont get to the stage where they wouldnt even be covering at all. Ladies in those songs now expose their ear and necks, allowing the hijab to show their jewelry. What then are they covering? Its sad that no south-western scholar has come out (to the best of my knowledge) to condemn this. What can be done?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 31, 2010
Roliks09:

I have observed, with dismay the videos of so- called Islamic songs. I watch helplessly as core islamic values are thrown to the winds. The unfortunate thing is that these videos now serve as what people (non-muslims esp) see as ideal islam.
My paramount grudge is that of using women in the videos. From my little understanding, women arent supposed to be dancing in public. So why do we have local videos with women dancing and no body seems to be saying anything.
2ndly, these women dont cover well. Subhannallah! I seriously pray that it wont get to the stage where they wouldnt even be covering at all. Ladies in those songs now expose their ear and necks, allowing the hijab to show their jewelry. What then are they covering? Its sad that no south-western scholar has come out (to the best of my knowledge) to condemn this. What can be done?

nothing, except for you to mind your business. The husbands to those women are not complaining.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by azharuddin: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2010
Completely agree with Roliks, its happening in other places too. Haram things are being done in the name of religion. Lets pray that we dont fall into the trap of promoting it.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Roliks09: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2010
Davidylan, its not bout the husbands. Its the portrayal of Islam. Anybody can decide to dress nude, or dance naked,I dont care much. But to do such or anythn similar to such under the aegis of Islam should be frowned at. Its not Islamic and shudnt be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by misterh(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
This calls for serious concern. In the first place, Islam is totally against music, therefore, there should be nothing like Islamic music. The people that are supposed to be condemning this act are mute over it and this is pathetic. I hope this menace can be curbed as soon as possible in order not to erroneously present Islam in the bad way.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by zayhal(f): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2010
Is there no censors board or something that controls the release of those stupid videos? I get nauseated watching them at times. It's not only that they do silly and outright haram things in the name of Islam in the videos, they simply exhibit their own ignorance and stupidity, I'm sorry to say. undecided
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 02, 2010
Roliks09:

I dont categorize those brand of music, Islamic anymore, i dont even watch or listen to them,

They are better categorized as "Fuji", you call it an islamic song and in most part of it you are busy praising and greeting people.

This esp. comes from the western part, we have mixed entertainment with spirituality and what do you get is these singers bending towards the markets

will---- which is the exposing of women and their body parts like articles,

Always shocked to see even the elite ones among them going this way,

You will see ladies wearing tight fitting trousers, not properly covered hair and above all shaking their bom bom on the screen for everyone to see.

They dont even make sense anymore, their message is always,

I want to make money

I want to buy the best car, build the finest house and stuff, No spirituality, because everyone is in a rat race. pathetic!!! sad
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by zayhal(f): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2010
Don't mind them. They are doing 'copy copy'. Not knowing that Islam is already perfected, no one can just wake up one morning and bring any rubbish into it.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by deols(f): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2010
some of this musicians are seen as 'alfas' and some take them as role models which makes it more pathetic
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by hadbak: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
I honestly wish somtin could be done abt it bcus its painful as islam is bein portrayed wrongly. Its our duties as muslims to corect tis if we have a chance/opportunity/means to do so.
Aside dt, deys also some terrible set of transparent n tight/fitted hijab as gowns sold in d market. Whn d sisters wear it, it revils dia body shape n tis is unislamic. I don't knw d devils who produce them n y shld some sister patronize such hijabs. Its terrible..May Allah protcet us

(1) (Reply)

Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / World Hijab Day Nigeria -( Lagos) - 1st February 2015 / On The Issue Of Wedding Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.