Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos (2583 Views)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / My Collection Of Favorite Islamic Songs / Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Roliks09: 6:02am On Aug 31, 2010
I have observed, with dismay the videos of so- called Islamic songs. I watch helplessly as core islamic values are thrown to the winds. The unfortunate thing is that these videos now serve as what people (non-muslims esp) see as ideal islam.
My paramount grudge is that of using women in the videos. From my little understanding, women arent supposed to be dancing in public. So why do we have local videos with women dancing and no body seems to be saying anything.
2ndly, these women dont cover well. Subhannallah! I seriously pray that it wont get to the stage where they wouldnt even be covering at all. Ladies in those songs now expose their ear and necks, allowing the hijab to show their jewelry. What then are they covering? Its sad that no south-western scholar has come out (to the best of my knowledge) to condemn this. What can be done?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by pmc01(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sad indeed!
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 13, 2016
Its very sad, i was telling a non-muslim that music is not ideal in islam, and he was like how bout "islamic music", and i said, they are wrong, the guy tagged me an extremist. I've heard Abu Aisha condemning them, saying its bid'ah, he further stated that its worse than secular music, because secular music is a just a sin and doesn't take one out of islam, but "islamic music" is bid'ah and it takes one out of Islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by OLAJADON: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2016
d same thing d op is talking about his what i keep saying about islamic music videos.
music is restricted in islam expecially for females..d women dont cover deir body ',wear thight cloth,some of them say indecent words in their songs.
pls is dis d ideal islam?
i think this should move to fp to educate some of our muslim brothers and sisters
cc.seun
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 16, 2016
OLAJADON:
d same thing d op is talking about his what i keep saying about islamic music videos.
[b[music is restricted in islam expecially for females[/b] d women dont cover deir body ',wear thight cloth,some of them say indecent words in their songs.
pls is dis d ideal islam?
i think this should move to fp to educate some of our muslim brothers and sisters

Restricted to what??
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by OLAJADON: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Restricted to what??
what i mean is d sing in islam is nt like d one we have nowadays with beats and drum.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Newnas(m): 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
The matter is as Imam Hassan al-Basree said: when a fitnah is approaching every scholar recognizes it, but when it departs everybody recognizes it.

When Iya Togo and wasiu sodiq started this misguidance years ago, those who warned against it were tagged extremist and anti dawah.

The people then claimed that it was to stop people from going to the church because it was music that was used to lure people from the mosques to churches.

But the evils of the matter was clear to those who posses knowledge. If only the people had disobeyed their desires and obeyed the people of knowledge who reminded them of Allah's laws.

If only they had sufficed themselves with the means of dawah which the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam used and his companions especially the four rightly guided caliphs rodiyaLLaahu anhum. Even if they didn't see any apparent evil in their deviation.

Now the evil of these musics is clear like the day, like the moon of badr. Only Allah we seek refuge with from the evils of our time.

The way I look with disgust whenever I see the posters of those criminals with thick lipsticks and flashy revealing clothes on is very severe. Is this also part of calling to Allah?! Is this also part of Allah's religion?! Is this also part of the sunnah of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam?! Is this also part of the guidance of the companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum?!

Of course there was music during the time of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam and the Christians, Jews and polytheists used it for worship. If there was any wisdom in taking music as a means of dawah the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam would have employed it, his companions and household would have been the best of dancers.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Newnas(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
There's no verse in the Quran that supports Music. In fact the Quran does not stop at condemning music it even condemns poetry that doesn't contain any good.

Surah Luqman, Verse 6:
وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا أُولَٰئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Quran) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 35:
وَمَا كَانَ صَلَاتُهُمْ عِندَ الْبَيْتِ إِلَّا مُكَاءً وَتَصْدِيَةً فَذُوقُوا الْعَذَابَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْفُرُونَ

Their Salat (prayer) at the House (of Allah, i.e. the Ka'bah at Makkah) was nothing but whistling and clapping of hands. Therefore taste the punishment because you used to disbelieve.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Ash-Shuara, Verse 224:
وَالشُّعَرَاءُ يَتَّبِعُهُمُ الْغَاوُونَ

As for the poets, the erring follow them,
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

If those who follow the poets are the erring then what about the poets who are being followed?!
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Newnas(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
And perhaps the greatest evil these devilish sounds of Shaitan have had on our society is that it has derailed us and deviated us from the Quran!
The music has completely replaced and substituted the Quran in the lives of many of our people especially the women except the one Allah preserves.

In my new place, I'm struggling to find a mosque where the Imam can recite suratul fatiha to a manageable extent. The imams have horrible recitations, even suratul fatiha!!! If this is the case of the imams what do you expect of the ones praying behind them?! Inna liLLaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon!

And when you talk the people are quick to shout, label you and give extremely flimsy excuses for their errors instead of remorse and tracing back their steps to their Lord.

As Ramadan has come, many people will wish to be more upright in their worship. unfortunately, for some people the only dhikr they know is these musics!
It's very disheartening to see people going farther away from their Lord and Creator while thinking that they are getting closer to Him.

Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 104-104:
قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُم بِالْأَخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَالًا

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds?

الَّذِينَ ضَلَّ سَعْيُهُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ يُحْسِنُونَ صُنْعًا

"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!

Muhammad the son of AbduLLah alyhissolaat wassalaam is truly the Messenger of Allah!
He alyhissolaat wassalaam said in the Hadith of Abu Waqid laythiyy:

You (Muslims) will indeed follow the footpath of those before you (i.e the Jews and Christians) even if they entered the hole of dhobb (a lizard like creature) you would follow them!

Hasn't it come to past, that the Muslims have left the guidance of their Lord and followed the misguidance of their enemy Shaitan?!

Only Allah we seek refuge with from the evils of our time.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Newnas(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Surah

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 155:
وَهَٰذَا كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ مُبَارَكٌ فَاتَّبِعُوهُ وَاتَّقُوا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ

And this is a blessed Book (the Quran) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. saved from the torment of Hell).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 10:
لَقَدْ أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ كِتَابًا فِيهِ ذِكْرُكُمْ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ

Indeed, We have sent down for you (O mankind) a Book, (the Quran) in which there is Dhikrukum, (your Reminder or an honour for you i.e. honour for the one who follows the teaching of the Quran and acts on its orders). Will you not then understand?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Sad, Verse 29:
كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ

(This is) a Book (the Quran) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

اللهم انفعنا بما علمتنا و علمنا ما ينفعنا و زدنا علما.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by QueenSalewa: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Newnas:
There's no verse in the Quran that supports Music. In fact the Quran does not stop at condemning music it even condemns poetry that doesn't contain any good.

Surah Luqman, Verse 6:
وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا أُولَٰئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah

Would you then say all collections of poetry/music comes under 'idle talk' just because it is backed with an instrument?
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Antina(f): 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
Roliks09:
I have observed, with dismay the videos of so- called Islamic songs. I watch helplessly as core islamic values are thrown to the winds. The unfortunate thing is that these videos now serve as what people (non-muslims esp) see as ideal islam.
My paramount grudge is that of using women in the videos. From my little understanding, women arent supposed to be dancing in public. So why do we have local videos with women dancing and no body seems to be saying anything.
2ndly, these women dont cover well. Subhannallah! I seriously pray that it wont get to the stage where they wouldnt even be covering at all. Ladies in those songs now expose their ear and necks, allowing the hijab to show their jewelry. What then are they covering? Its sad that no south-western scholar has come out (to the best of my knowledge) to condemn this. What can be done?

Even the type of their so called "Islamic Song" is more or less like fuji now, infact there is a newly "cherubum and Seraphim" like released song by so called Iyan-ghana.
Re: Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos by Newnas(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
QueenSalewa:

Would you then say all collections of poetry/music comes under 'idle talk' just because it is backed with an instrument?

For any of such sounds to be permissible it must satisfy three conditions:

# It must not contain or support prohibited matters such as polytheism, alcohol, fornication etc. By implication it must support praiseworthy acts and attributes such as monotheism of Allah, call to sunnah and love of the companions, piety, generosity, courage, chastity etc.

# It must not be accompanied with any instruments or instrumentals such as drums, bells, guitars etc.

#It must not come close to being a replacement for the Quran in terms of recitation, listening and being a source of admonition.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Declares On Going World Cup Haram / A compilation of articles and books for those interested in Islam / As-sudais Friday Sermon Stirs Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.