Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out (393 Views)

Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) / A Lady Suffering From Monkey Pox In Enugu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out by Chrisjordan2015(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2019
Meet Nimi, battling suicide and depression but was bold enough ask for help. I thought I should publicize this because most people don't come out for help, thinking that they would be criticized or ostracized. Whats more?!, the love and encouragement she got from Nigerians have been amazing. It goes to show that we might have in one point in our lives or the other, subconsciously or not, been there or been close there.

Suicidal thoughts and depression has become common place in this day and age. More particularly in Nigeria where it has been the norm to always hide these feelings or risk alienation from friends and family and especially those thinking you're trying to contaminate their happiness. Attributive factors of depression and suicidal thought are relative, particularly because people deal with circumstances, pressures and expectations differently. So, if someone is suicidal or is depressed or both, don't turn your back on them but try to encourage them and who knows, you just might be saving a life. Nobody has it all together. Peace!

Re: Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out by Chrisjordan2015(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2019
The responses from Nigerians were indeed heart warming and supportive. The way it should be cool cool cool
Re: Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out by kingxsamz(m): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2019
She think say na only her...
Being a Nigerian is enough reason to give you depression that'll last a lifetime.

Re: Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out by Larryfest(m): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
kingxsamz:
She think say na only her...
Being a Nigerian is enough reason to give you depression that'll last a lifetime.
You no lie abeg, being a Nigerian is enough reason to be depressed.

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Suffering From Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Cry Out by majamajic(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
that's one thing I like about this country, always out to help, just come out !!

last 2 months on lekki expressway, a delivery bike guy hit and damage a newly purchased Toyota Jeep, the owner just jump down and started kicking the bicker and push his bike down , people started begging he was dragging the guy on road to push him into his vehicle to take him away, one man from his own SUV came out from nowhere, called the Toyota guy, he didn't listen to him as he continue slapping and dragging the guy, the SUV guy provoke, ' let me get u a new Jeep so u can leave this guy abeg' , Na so everyone quiet, he put a call through, in the next 30 mins, the same Toyota Jeep same color appeared, ' sir pls u can do the registration of the new car and do the change of ownership of the damaged car to the delivery biker man, so u and the biker can exchange numbers to finalize everything, sorry about everything' he entered his SUV and go. meanwhile the Toyota Jeep is around 18M.

(1) (Reply)

Best Scoliosis Surgery In India With Best Surgeons / The Unquenchable Experience As A Student Nurse. / Body & Mouth Odor Silently Destroy Some Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.