Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Books Are More Important Than Business Companies - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books Are More Important Than Business Companies (628 Views)

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Books Are More Important Than Business Companies by Agibecky: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2010
It is a great pity that majority of Nigerians are intellectual illiterates or intellectual dummies.

The greatest nations on earth have been built on the foundations of books.
The Greek-Roman Civilation would not have existed without the Classics.
Israel was built on the Holy Scripture.
The Industrial Revolution was propelled by The Renaissance.
The United States of America was built by the vision of the Founding Fathers whose books launched the American Dream.
The Audacity of Hope launched the emergence of Barack Obama, the first black President of the USA.

Chinua Achebe's all time classic Things Fall Apart has done more for African Civilization than the First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka's corpus means more to the world than Union Bank Plc.
In fact, I will not exchange my new historical documentary on Barack Obama for the whole of Globacom.

I regard books more than workplaces.

If only Nigerians love books as much as they love their GSM phones and each of the over 75 million of GSM users spend only N500 monthly to buy a Nigerian book instead of spending it on unprofitable text messages and gossip calls, Nigerians would be more educated and rewarded and develop faster than ever before.

(1) (Reply)

Free Ebooks. Order Now / d / What A Great Treasure Within!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.