Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders (20064 Views)

Stop Dancing ‘skelewu’, Causing Gridlocks On Abuja Streets, Tinubu Warns Atiku / We Don't Want Another Lockdown - Sanwo-Olu Warns Lagos Residents / ‘Don’t Christianize Your Cabinet’ – MURIC Warns Lagos, Oyo, Ogun Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by cupcup: 7:47am On Mar 06, 2019
His, there is something u guyz are not seeing in this pics
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Zuorom: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Wondering what will happen if APC looses..
The new governor will be sworn in, end of story

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by cupcup: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2019
How did the dude get out of the harrest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by AllenSpencer: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2019
LexngtonSteele:
grin

This is someone who appointed Igbos into his cabinet.

And Nairaland piglets hate him for being more successful than their fathers and leaders can ever dream to be...

@AllenSpencer.... you sabi how far wink

He said something similar before Presidential... when Sanwo Olu enters again, they will go and prostrate at Bourdillion. It's a matter of time.

You said it all

Gas molecules they are! Random, unstable and direction-less. But wonder why they dont diffuse.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by hisexcellency34: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2019
When Tinubu is his godfather

cupcup:
How did the dude get out of the harrest

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2019
Listening to his warning to them yesterday raised so many questions in my mind
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Viergeachar: 7:54am On Mar 06, 2019
Ohanaeze Ndigbo and TAN have pledged to work for Sanwo Olu.

In short, Igbos have been flogged in line.

Fight don finish!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by chelsea1116(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2019
I SAY A BIG SHAME TO ALL OF U WHOSE HEART R FILLED WITH VENOMOUS HATRED FOR UR FELLOW COUNTRYMAN..COS HES IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA? I DONT WANT TO CURSE THOSE PEOPLE..I ONLY PRAY SOMHW DEY WILL JUS GET SENSE.
I M AN IGBO MAN BUT I KNOW D NUMBER OF YORUBA CORPERS I ACCOMMODATED AND STIL ACCOMODATING FOR FREE..I KNOW THE NUMBER OF HAUSA FRIENDS I HAVE AND HAVE HELPED IN MY OWN LITTLE WAY...I DID THAT HOPING THAT THE LOVE WILL BE SHARED/SPREAD ACROSS ODA STATES 2WARDS D IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA...WE NEED TO LOVE ONE ANODA..THIS HATRED IS JUS TOO MUCH..AFTER WHAT THE WHITES DID TO BLACKS,SOME BUFFOONS THAT R FRM D SAME COUNTRY AND SAME SKIN COLOR AND HATING DEMSELVS,DIS TIME TAGGING IT "NOT SAME TRIBE" .THIS COUNTRY IS HARD ALREADY BUT ITS NOT GONE..LETS START FRM D BASICS AND WE WILL SURELY GET THERE..
HAVE ALWEZ BELIVD IN ONE NIGERIA!!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by baysol: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2019
seunmsg:
I’m not too sure Tinubu has rested for just a day since the presidential election. He has been moving from Abuja, to Ibadan, to Ogun and Lagos. To be a political leader is not easy.

PDP supporters in Lagos, whether Yorubas or Igbos should come out and vote peacefully. Once Sanwo-Olu is declared the winner, they should accept the decision of the majority and not cause trouble. If they cause trouble, they will be dealt with. It’s as simple as that.
I think these ipob people must be made to understand that the Lagos they live in is peaceful before they waka come with their 'grassy legs'. ....for them to now want to turn it to war zone means one thing have to give, they will have to leave Yoruba land for us. I really don't appreciate the mannerism of these people at all. I think their population in Lagos must be checked by indigenous administrative measures that needed to be put in place, they have no value to lagos other than the wickedness of crime they perpetrate all over the world from Lagos. Other tribes respect their host in Lagos except these miscreant Igbos who are flies that want to be buried with the dead body.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Alexis11: 7:58am On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

I pity some people!
When statement like this are made, A reverse message is sent
You understand politicians bro. It seems you are one. cheesy
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Alexis11: 7:59am On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

I pity some people!
You understand politicians bro. It seems you are one. cheesy
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by simpleseyi: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu...garrison commander of agberos in Lagos. We Igbos will vote without fear. If Oluomo try nonsense, he will receive nonsense

Just as you did in 1967 and sacrifized over three million of your stubborn brethren to the Yoruba gods of iron and thunder. Make thunder fire you there.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Alexis11: 8:01am On Mar 06, 2019
chelsea1116:
I SAY A BIG SHAME TO ALL OF U WHOSE HEART R FILLED WITH VENOMOUS HATRED FOR UR FELLOW COUNTRYMAN..COS HES IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA? I DONT WANT TO CURSE THOSE PEOPLE..I ONLY PRAY SOMHW DEY WILL JUS GET SENSE.
I M AN IGBO MAN BUT I KNOW D NUMBER OF YORUBA CORPERS I ACCOMMODATED AND STIL ACCOMODATING FOR FREE..I KNOW THE NUMBER OF HAUSA FRIENDS I HAVE AND HAVE HELPED IN MY OWN LITTLE WAY...I DID THAT HOPING THAT THE LOVE WILL BE SHARED/SPREAD ACROSS ODA STATES 2WARDS D IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA...WE NEED TO LOVE ONE ANODA..THIS HATRED IS JUS TOO MUCH..AFTER WHAT THE WHITES DID TO BLACKS,SOME BUFFOONS THAT R FRM D SAME COUNTRY AND SAME SKIN COLOR AND HATING DEMSELVS,DIS TIME TAGGING IT "NOT SAME TRIBE" .THIS COUNTRY IS HARD ALREADY BUT ITS NOT GONE..LETS START FRM D BASICS AND WE WILL SURELY GET THERE..
HAVE ALWEZ BELIVD IN ONE NIGERIA!!

So, no Yoruba or Hausa has helped you too? why did you jump that part?? cool

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Feraz(m): 8:03am On Mar 06, 2019
seunmsg:
I’m not too sure Tinubu has rested for just a day since the presidential election. He has been moving from Abuja, to Ibadan, to Ogun and Lagos. To be a political leader is not easy.

PDP supporters in Lagos, whether Yorubas or Igbos should come out and vote peacefully. Once Sanwo-Olu is declared the winner, they should accept the decision of the majority and not cause trouble. If they cause trouble, they will be dealt with. It’s as simple as that.
Of course, you'll sound the warning to PDP supporters while leaving out APC thugs who were fingered numerous times in the last presidential elections, intimidating voters. BTW, you people should stick to one narrative. You previously supported Tinubu when he made the thinly-veiled threat of 'monitoring elections' in certain places, while addressing Igbo supporters. Now he has tried to act diplomatically, you have changed stance again. Do you not have a mind of your own?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by simpleseyi: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2019
Koolmexxi:
Story.. So day are admitting to intimidating and disenfranchising dem during d Presidential elections.. Let dem kip fooling demselves.. D mere fact dat none of dem were shot or have been arrested so far speaks volume...

It does not speak Volume, rather it speaks Area and Perimeter. If you do anyhow, you will see anyhow. Last election episode will be a child's play. Stay away from polling units if you are not voting APC. A word is enough for any non-Yoruba who loves life.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Alexis11: 8:04am On Mar 06, 2019
Koolmexxi:
Story.. So day are admitting to intimidating and disenfranchising dem during d Presidential elections.. Let dem kip fooling demselves.. D mere fact dat none of dem were shot or have been arrested so far speaks volume...

Every act of peace and reconciliation is like cowardice to the Igbos. lol cool

Una go get sense last last. grin
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by CioAngels(f): 8:04am On Mar 06, 2019
Igbos, trust rant at your own disadvantage. His saying is not of one hedge sword. He cant be trusted, so don't be used and fooled.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by SHAKABOOM: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2019
R2bees:
I had a dream before presidential election i saw blood everywhere, dead bodies littered on the ground, i was running helter skelter with my family down here in the east. Presidential election is over, nothing of such happened.....

IGBOS IN THE LAGOS SHOULD BE CAREFUL...
Sharrap Dia.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2019
Very neat iphone 6 16gb (no fingerprint) for sale @ a very reasonable price in Lagos. Dm 08110834598
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Zuorom: 8:06am On Mar 06, 2019
simpleseyi:

It does not speak Volume, rather it speaks Area and Perimeter. If you do anyhow, you will see anyhow. Last election episode will be a child's play. Stay away from polling units if you are not voting APC. A word is enough for any non-Yoruba who loves life.
You will be shot dead on that Saturday if you misbehave, mark my words

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by samuelonyewueny(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

I pity some people!

The man (Tinubu) is a master politician.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2019
simpleseyi:

Just as you did in 1967 and sacrifized over three million of your stubborn brethren to the Yoruba gods of iron and thunder. Make thunder fire you there.
Lol. Bitch shut up
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by dam1l0la: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2019
IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS AND THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NATIONAL POLITICAL PROBLEMS

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence staff was fron SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!

Still there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is the tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*"What follows are documented facts that can be cross checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central govt because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*. Let those who have ears

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausafulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation.
The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.
However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.
To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.

nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has warned the leadership of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Lagos State chapter, to ensure that their members didn’t destabilise the peace of the state during Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections.

He gave the admonition during a meeting with the leadership of the union at a meeting in his Bourdillion, Ikoyi residence on Tuesday.

It was reported in the media that members of the union harassed Igbo traders especially in Mushin, Surulere and Oshodi areas of the state for allegedly voting against the APC during the elections while some of them engaged in ballot box snatching in areas alleged to be strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Tinubu, who expressed his displeasure over the rumoured attacks on non-indigenes in some parts of the state during and after the presidential and National Assembly elections by members of the union, said Igbo residents in Lagos are free to vote for any candidate of their choice during elections.

One of Tinubu’s aide, who was privy to the meeting said Tinubu who said elections should not cause disunity and war among Nigerians also warned the leaders of the union against incidents of ballot box snatching, intimidation and harassment of voters, saying anyone who engages in such acts will have himself to blame.

During the meeting, Tinubu also appealed to the leaders to enjoin their members to vote for Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governorship candidate of the APC, in the elections so as to ensure continuity of good governance in the state.

According to his aide, “It was a very brief meeting. During the meeting, he didn’t mince words in telling them that he will not condone attacks on non-indigenes, especially Igbo residents in the state. He said they are free to vote for any political party or candidates of their choice without threats of harassment and intimidations from anyone in the state.

“He also warned the union leaders to ensure that none of their members in their domain engaged in incidents of ballot snatching or violence in any form. He asked them not to interfere in anyway with the voting process, warning that anyone caught causing mayhem will have himself to blame.

“Lastly, he solicited for votes for his candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, whom he believes can continue with the masterplan of Lagos, the foundation which he laid when he governed the state from 1999 to 2007”.

In a related development, the leadership of the PDP on Tuesday said the APC is plotting to destabilise the governorship elections.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said reports from parts of the country indicate that the APC is working towards causing havoc in Lagos and South-South states.

He said, “APC has a plot to destabilise the governorship election. Because wherever you turned to you see anti-democratic tendencies from them. In Lagos, there is a campaign of calumny against members of PDP. In the South-South, there is militarisation that led to deaths of people during the presidential election.

“We just hope that the APC will not turn our nation into a keg of gunpowder. For us in the PDP, it is worrisome that APC is deliberately working towards havoc on the election day. But whoever sows the wind will reap the whirlwind and the earlier that the APC allows for a peaceful election, the better for all of us and our nation”, he said.
https://www.independent.ng/dont-intimidate-voters-tinubu-warns-lagos-nurtw-leaders/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by SHAKABOOM: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2019
baysol:

I think these ipob people must be made to understand that the Lagos they live in is peaceful before they waka come with their 'grassy legs'. ....for them to now want to turn it to war zone means one thing have to give, they will have to leave Yoruba land for us. I really don't appreciate the mannerism of these people at all. I think their population in Lagos must be checked by indigenous administrative measures that needed to be put in place, they have no value to lagos other than the wickedness of crime they perpetrate all over the world from Lagos. Other tribes respect their host in Lagos except these miscreant Igbos who are flies that want to be buried with the dead body.
Lols..Yes oo they will leave when Nigeria breaks..you can't be claiming and drinking niger deltas oil as a Nigerian and be claiming Lagos.

So for now they will keep bin a boil on your scrotum cool

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2019
simpleseyi:

Agonjafaggot. yet una want one nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2019
dats wat am talking about Tinubu
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Siscooh: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2019
Bobby4090:
Thats good. Tinubu is securing the SW for his stooge Osinbajo whom they will pair up with El Rufai come 2023. Tinubu doesn't need to contest. With Osinbajo his puppet as President he Tinubu will be the Grand God Father.
Haaaaa! You are gullible. After what they organized during Presidential. Now that they have the country,,they become civil. Na wa

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Banter1(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu...garrison commander of agberos in Lagos. We Igbos will vote without fear. If Oluomo try nonsense, he will receive nonsense
mtcheeeeeew 5% always causing problem in other peoples land. you guys have alot to loose, just don't do anything funny.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Akiara: 8:17am On Mar 06, 2019
You are a lunatic. Start chasing them out na. Look at this afonja that can't make the same pronouncement on his Northern MASTERS ...anyway, whatever happens be rest assured that the fire you bring will be returned with brimstone.

We're you born in lagos? See this ogbomosho Ninja claiming smarts..fade abeg...mtcheeew

baysol:

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Siscooh: 8:17am On Mar 06, 2019
Bobby4090:
Thats good. Tinubu is securing the SW for his stooge Osinbajo whom they will pair up with El Rufai come 2023. Tinubu doesn't need to contest. With Osinbajo his puppet as President he Tinubu will be the Grand God Father.
Blood of Jesus. ElRufai
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by congorasta: 8:17am On Mar 06, 2019
seunmsg:

even if devil himself is d governor of Lagos and d president of Nigeria, igbos will be hustling and balling hard... bad economy is not in our dictionary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: Seek Redress In Court, Witnesses And Evidence Readily Available / Obiano Signs MOU With Graffil Group For Integrated Terminal And Park In Onitsha / Seriake Dickson Visits Rotimi Amaechi In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.