Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders (20043 Views)

Stop Dancing ‘skelewu’, Causing Gridlocks On Abuja Streets, Tinubu Warns Atiku / We Don't Want Another Lockdown - Sanwo-Olu Warns Lagos Residents / ‘Don’t Christianize Your Cabinet’ – MURIC Warns Lagos, Oyo, Ogun Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by hush15: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu...garrison commander of agberos in Lagos. We Igbos will vote without fear. If Oluomo try nonsense, he will receive nonsense

Even when Tinubu gives comments like this, one should careful. its like everything has been arranged from INEC headquarters. Neway, people should still troop out enmasse to ensure their votes counts. stay still the end of the elections and hear your results like someone who went to betnaija shop to place a bet and waited to collect his price.

lagosians be wise. tinubu is very sly

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by hisexcellency34: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2019
It baffles me how Tinubu, a supposed intellectual keeps hobnobbing with them

Baroba:
NURTW, a bunch of thugs and people who can never amount to nothing in there entire lives, filled with lazy agberos and dredges of the society..
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Mboi: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin very simple. Las las all if us go dis get stuck for eko bridge traffic for 3hours
Yes na, any harsh decision they take, still go affect people wey vote them so las las Igbos are on win win situation.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by hisexcellency34: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2019
No Igbo, no Lagos

Mboi:

Yes na, any harsh decision they take, still go affect people wey vote them so las las Igbos are on win win situation.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by ewizard1: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2019
LIES!!!!
Eye service talk!
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Diamond23(f): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has warned the leadership of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Lagos State chapter, to ensure that their members didn’t destabilise the peace of the state during Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections.

He gave the admonition during a meeting with the leadership of the union at a meeting in his Bourdillion, Ikoyi residence on Tuesday.

It was reported in the media that members of the union harassed Igbo traders especially in Mushin, Surulere and Oshodi areas of the state for allegedly voting against the APC during the elections while some of them engaged in ballot box snatching in areas alleged to be strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Tinubu, who expressed his displeasure over the rumoured attacks on non-indigenes in some parts of the state during and after the presidential and National Assembly elections by members of the union, said Igbo residents in Lagos are free to vote for any candidate of their choice during elections.

One of Tinubu’s aide, who was privy to the meeting said Tinubu who said elections should not cause disunity and war among Nigerians also warned the leaders of the union against incidents of ballot box snatching, intimidation and harassment of voters, saying anyone who engages in such acts will have himself to blame.

During the meeting, Tinubu also appealed to the leaders to enjoin their members to vote for Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governorship candidate of the APC, in the elections so as to ensure continuity of good governance in the state.

According to his aide, “It was a very brief meeting. During the meeting, he didn’t mince words in telling them that he will not condone attacks on non-indigenes, especially Igbo residents in the state. He said they are free to vote for any political party or candidates of their choice without threats of harassment and intimidations from anyone in the state.

“He also warned the union leaders to ensure that none of their members in their domain engaged in incidents of ballot snatching or violence in any form. He asked them not to interfere in anyway with the voting process, warning that anyone caught causing mayhem will have himself to blame.

“Lastly, he solicited for votes for his candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, whom he believes can continue with the masterplan of Lagos, the foundation which he laid when he governed the state from 1999 to 2007”.

In a related development, the leadership of the PDP on Tuesday said the APC is plotting to destabilise the governorship elections.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said reports from parts of the country indicate that the APC is working towards causing havoc in Lagos and South-South states.

He said, “APC has a plot to destabilise the governorship election. Because wherever you turned to you see anti-democratic tendencies from them. In Lagos, there is a campaign of calumny against members of PDP. In the South-South, there is militarisation that led to deaths of people during the presidential election.

“We just hope that the APC will not turn our nation into a keg of gunpowder. For us in the PDP, it is worrisome that APC is deliberately working towards havoc on the election day. But whoever sows the wind will reap the whirlwind and the earlier that the APC allows for a peaceful election, the better for all of us and our nation”, he said.
https://www.independent.ng/dont-intimidate-voters-tinubu-warns-lagos-nurtw-leaders/
Y should d Igbos stress themselves voting wen Lagos belong to d Yorubas? , afterall der votes don’t count..... I declare dat day ORA Soup Day grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by MYHUBBY: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu...garrison commander of agberos in Lagos. We Igbos will vote without fear. If Oluomo try nonsense, he will receive nonsense

see this village man. Tinubu made a political statement there. I'm sure sensible Igbos residing in Lagos who love him/herself must have understand that political Machiavellian statement

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Ayobami7(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2019
我什
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by olan4ward: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu...garrison commander of agberos in Lagos. We Igbos will vote without fear. If Oluomo try nonsense, he will receive nongsense
See who dey talk.Who knows he may not even have PVC
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Akiara: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2019
Then an Igbo born in lagos doesn't have rights becausr he aint yoruba? Let me burst your bubble and restate what I said earlier to the other R*e*t*a*r*d. Start the nonsense and let everyone enjoy the ride. grin

Dareal90s:

Lol, as long as he is a Yoruba he has rights in Yoruba land. We ain't devided here as d Igbo's.
Before we talk one or two words u will reference to Fulani, is Igbo Fulani? We will hatch ur balls.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Jman06(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stop making mouth my friend! When it starts now you'll be nowhere to be found!

How I wish my fellow Igbos can borrow sense and stop too much talk...
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Mboi: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2019
Diamond23:
Y should d Igbos stress themselves voting wen Lagos belong to d Yorubas? , afterall der votes don’t count..... I declare dat day ORA Soup Day grin
Correct, after their vote, in the evening, we'll go do point and kill. Monday back to making our money. Any harsh policy by the government thinking they are punishing Igbos in Lagos affects their people too and also affects their revenue generation. If you want to know you know.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by kayjay69(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
Brother, e be like say me and you dey look the same crystal ball. I was still saying this to a few people some days ago. This is the plan for real come 2023. Osinbajo will be presented by the SWestern APC arm and the Northern Caucus (loyal to Buhari) will put forward ElRufai.

Now if that day ever should come, it is then Nigerians will come to understand that Vice Presidents can actually be powerful cos I can assure you that this country will in some regard be run still by the Northern Elite through El Rufai.

It is actually why Osinbajo has been swallowing the insults (not like I care, in my opinion he has no business in politics if he truly cares about his Pastorship). Will Osinbajo be a good president? Carriage wise and every other, sure why not. Will he be an effective president? My brother, with the way Nigeria is setup, I fear even Jesus and Muhammed would not be able to effectively do anything. Osinbajo is a Constitutional Law Professor i believe, if he wants to be effective, if he really wants to leave Nigeria in a better shape than when he gets there then they'll have to start from overhauling that complete joke of a 1999 constitution. Then proceed by laying down the framework for governmental agencies to be effective at their tasks. Then selecting the right people to head these agencies and simply be driven by excellence and a passion to succeed. If they can tackle key infrastructure while reducing the attendant corruption and corrupt process that comes with it, no doubt Nigerians will support them. But if they come with that sectional mindset and allow godfathers to continue to dictate then I guess they will be dead on arrival.

Bobby4090:
Thats good. Tinubu is securing the SW for his stooge Osinbajo whom they will pair up with El Rufai come 2023. Tinubu doesn't need to contest. With Osinbajo his puppet as President he Tinubu will be the Grand God Father.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Dareal90s(m): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
Akiara:
Then an Igbo born in lagos doesn't have rights becausr he aint yoruba? Let me burst your bubble and restate what I said earlier to the other R*e*t*a*r*d. Start the nonsense and let everyone enjoy the ride. grin

We gonna settle scores on election day, no need to make noise.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by johnad3(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Don't insult our leader, If you igbo people don't have leaders, Can anyone does this nonsense in igbo region? We have accomodates you enough and you started throwing insults on us. You better be warn or else you face the consequence. Lagos belongs to Yoruba land please stop saying "ITS NO MANSLAND". When you fails to develop your regions and you are coming here to calm one, Watchout for the consequences of your action in post election, you will postrates before us and your apologies will not be taken. We will deal with you permanently. i think you can still remember what we did to you when you were fighting Northerns? you are till nursing the injuries till today, i dont think you can heal from that. We YORUBAS are big brothers to you anyday. Go back home and build your home, stop being a bastard here

hisexcellency34:

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Akiara: 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
Please tell your peeps to come to core Igbo dominated areas to snatch ballot papers. It's that simple. ...the you'll understand. grin

Dareal90s:

We gonna settle scores on election day, no need to make noise.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by ewizard1: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
SHAKABOOM:

Lols..Yes oo they will leave when Nigeria breaks..you can't be claiming and drinking niger deltas oil as a Nigerian and be claiming Lagos.

So for now they will keep bin a boil on your scrotum cool
Lmaooo, well said!
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Dareal90s(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
Akiara:
Please tell your peeps to come to core Igbo dominated areas to snatch ballot papers. It's that simple. ...the you'll understand. grin

It happened during presidential election, what I remembered abt that is seeing ur people both male nd female running for their lives nd shivering for mere thugs without rifle.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Akiara: 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
grin.....so to you that is strength? Abeg go sleep you are still in lala land. The issue still remains this..... try pepper...simple.

Dareal90s:

It happened during presidential election, what I remembered abt that is seeing ur people both male nd female running for their lives nd shivering for mere thugs without rifle.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by abbasajao(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Unfortunately, na on only mouth u get.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by xelly: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
The way you guys talk about Igbos like you can intimidate any Igbo man. How? Intimidate me that I don't know where to vote or you will force me to vote out of my wish?

You can't and NO ONE CAN dictate for me.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by IbrahimDamola: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
cupcup:
How did the dude get out of the harrest

He got out the day surrendered to Thiefnuubu's NURTW stooges.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by hisexcellency34: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
Proud of u my broda

xelly:
The way you guys talk about Igbos like you can intimidate any Igbo man. How? Intimidate me that I don't know where to vote or you will force me to vote out of my wish?

You can't and NO ONE CAN dictate for me.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Dareal90s(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
Akiara:
grin.....so to you that is strength? Abeg go sleep you are still in lala land. The issue still remains this..... try pepper...simple.

Typical Igbo boy will chestbeat, DAT pepper u wanna see u will b given soon, I knw Igbo's fear pepper than anything on earth.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Banter1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
SHAKABOOM:

Hahaha..keep making noise

You seem to have forgotten so soon how militants terrorized festac,ikorodu and some parts of ogun that yur almighty opc dem were asking for permission to turn to rats and coackroaches to smoke out the militants..Hahaha!We Ijaws don't play.

Nurtws jugdement day is coming..They should keep on misbehaving.
lol, what makes you think everyone here is an Afonja? lmao
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by nwanyionitsha: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2019
Chipink:

Na IGBOS I Dey blame,..
Why can't they say away from Lagos polictics since the yoruba has shown chronic hatred for them.
Ambode they helped to vote in, did he not turn out to be one of the Lagos gorvernos who are igbo haters. ? undecided
How many igbo dominated markets did he demolish?

I stay in Lagos but nothing concerns me with Lagos governorship election.

This is your choice. People shouldn't be harassed if they choose to vote.
Nigerians, including yorubas in the UK and US are allowed to vote, how much more.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Chipink(f): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
This is your choice. People shouldn't be harassed if they choose to vote.
Nigerians, including yorubas in the UK and US are allowed to vote, how much more.

I don't get my point do u?
Nigeria is a lawless country and there is nothing u can do about it.
I rather stay at home than go out to vote some1 who will still turn out to against me tomorrow, yet u are still being harassed about it.

I know many IGBOS who voted ambode, but he became governo and changed to igbo haters.
Demolished igbo markets and business areas.
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2019
VirginFinder will avoid this thread

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by LZAA: 9:25am On Mar 08, 2019
immhotep:

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by nwanyionitsha: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Chipink:

I don't get my point do u?
Nigeria is a lawless country and there is nothing u can do about it.
I rather stay at home than go out to vote some1 who will still turn out to against me tomorrow, yet u are still being harassed about it.

I know many IGBOS who voted ambode, but he became governo and changed to igbo haters.
Demolished igbo markets and business areas.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by VirginFinder: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2019
immhotep:

Cc lzaa

What did you expect him to say Attack Igbo voters
Re: Don’t Intimidate Igbo Voters, Tinubu Warns Lagos NURTW Leaders by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2019
VirginFinder:

What did you expect him to say Attack Igbo voters
As the great jagaban grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pantami Present As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting After UK Trip / Morocco: Jonathan An Exporter Of Conflict- Buhari / NIMASA Collected Revenue In Dollars, Remitted Naira – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.