Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:57 AM

Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo (15446 Views)

Guber Elections: Tribunals Deliver Landmark Judgements, Fear Grips LP Over Abia / Nigerian Army Alleges Plan To Attack Soldiers, Officers Over Abia Killings / Ikonne Exposes Plot By Ikuku and Father to Take-Over Abia Govt Through Backdoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by sophsia62: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the All Progressives Congress (APC) will take over Abia State after Saturday’s governorship and states assembly elections.

Osinbajo, who was in Abia, yesterday, for a town hall meeting, described Abia as an important state for APC, and assured that on Saturday, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) government in Abia will be changed.

He debunked rumours that the APC-led Federal Government agreed to allow PDP retain Abia and some other states, in return for votes got in the presidential election.

Prof. Osinbajo said such rumours were mere propaganda and should be disregarded by everyone. .

The vice president, who fielded questions from Abia people, urged them to troop out on Saturday to sack the PDP government, which, he said, has left the state underdeveloped for 16 years.

In response to some questions, the VP said: “Abia made a historic contribution in our election as we got over 25 percent votes. We know it was not all our votes that were counted. Come March 9, we shall prove that Abia is an APC state.

“Abia deserves to benefit from the centre. There’s no reason for Abia to play opposition politics. By the grace of God, Abia will join the centre come Saturday.

“That I didn’t attend the Abia APC rally in Aba has nothing to do with any agreement. It is because I cannot be with the president at a certain location at the same time, for security reasons. I can only attend if it was in the South West because I’m from there.

“On my frequent coming to Abia, I’ve been coming here because of the importance and centrality of the state, not for any political reason of giving Abia out to another party.

“One of the reasons why our members have not benefited from most of our programmes is because the Abia government is not APC. Come Saturday, by the grace of God, we shall change the present day government and enthrone APC through Uche Sampson Ogah.

He accused the PDP of using the media to claim that APC does not favour Christians, adding that the president is a Muslim and himself a Christian, and they have excellent working relationship.

“Buhari has no intention of Islamising Nigeria. He is a man who doesn’t interfere in anybody’s religion. He doesn’t force anybody to follow his. Such talks are lies and are mere political propaganda. The biggest church auditorium in the world, with 100,000 capacity is in Abuja.

“People now play politics from the pulpit. Any pastor, who is using the pulpit to preach for a political party is not doing the right thing.

“Any bishop can support a political party privately, but, not on the pulpit. We started the home grown school feeding programme from Anambra State.

“The two times Buhari ran for president, he picked Igbo men. He has always demonstrated his love for Ndigbo. Four states in the South East have four senior ministers. That’s a sign that he does not play politics. “

Participants of the MSME clinic, SMEs Associations, N-Power beneficiaries, food vendors for the Free School Feeding and former Biafran soldiers thanked the federal government for coming to their aid.

They showered encomiums on the vice president for the opportunities given to all of them to make ends meet, and urged him to ensure that the programmes continue.

Also speaking, Dr. Ogah, APC’s governorship candidate said: “We receive our father with great joy. He gave us an appointment last time, but, because of other activities, he couldn’t make it, but, today, he is here.

“We say congratulations to you after a credible fair election.

“Despite the activities of the opposition, you showed strength because of the love Nigerians have for you and president Buhari.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/apcll-take-over-abia-osinbajo.html

8 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2019
I can't believe a vice president is saying this

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Mynd44: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2019
Loool.

Please, lets be serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Jestin: 9:28am On Mar 06, 2019
We kn APC is only good at rigging

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Chipink(f): 9:28am On Mar 06, 2019
Foolish midget

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by IamPatriotic(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2019
Not necessary.
Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2019
With what PDP has done to Abia, i wouldn't mind!

52 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by freemanbubble: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2019
Excaperx:
Why wouldn't he say that!
Hv u been to Abia? undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by allisso: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2019
suddenly the midget stopped sharing traders money lol

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2019
Chipink:
Foolish midget
Nah. On this issue, i actually support the fake pastor grin
Abia PDP should be punished!

13 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Franklyspeakin: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2019
I pRay APC takes over Abia. Abia State has suffered in PDPs hands. They are owing salaries up and down. We are tired of the God fatherism of T. A orji and ikuku. See I don't care if Apga or APC wins we just need change. But if APC and APGA in umuahia don't unite PDP under useless Gov okezie will win again

44 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2019
Imagine what the VP of a country is saying.I am ashamed as a Nigerian.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by ojimbo(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2019
Shouldn't we be talking about good governance and development. What is this nonsense with APC and PDP taking over where by they are all average and shit.
Those with ideas and knowledge lacks power and those with power lacks Ideas and Knowledge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Osyxcel(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2019
“Abia deserves to benefit from the centre. There’s no reason for Abia to play opposition politics. By the grace of God, Abia will join the centre come Saturday."

“One of the reasons why our members have not benefited from most of our programmes is because the Abia government is not APC. Come Saturday, by the grace of God, we shall change the present day government and enthrone APC through Uche Sampson Ogah."

Can you imagine what is coming out from the mouth of the Vice President angry angry

The Sovereign wealth of Nigeria is for all states of the Federation and no state should be sidelined because a state is controlled by the opposition.

8 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by cuchik: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2019
Anything is possible.
Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by GuntersChain(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2019
apc can take over all the states in the federation, by the way how is osun state faring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Iceman2017(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2019
I hope so... We are not after party but an individual.
We believe in Ogah but not ikpeazu

7 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Auladimeji2: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Chipink:
Foolish midget
Likewise your silly fada, Stewpeed creature angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Lifezhead: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
INEC JUST RELEASE THE RESULTS
NO NEED VOTING COS
THEY HAVE ALREADY MANUFACTURED D RESULTS
I WILL BE IN MY HOUSE CHILLING WITH MY BAE
NONSENSE AND APC tongue
Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Guzel: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Apga is abia
Abia north alone cannot guarantee ogah’s victory.
For those saying Otti should step down for ogah, apparently you lack the true state of things. Ogah cant survive outside abia north which Otti will get votes from arochukwu, Ohafia, Umunneochi and bende. Otti will do well in abia central including isialangwa north and south where he’s from. Otti will fight with ikpeazu for ngwa votes. Aba north and south is Otti. Ugwunagbo and the ukwa axis of ukwa la ngwa is for Otti. Ikpeazu’s best bet is obingwa which I’m sure they won’t give him more than 20k votes (forget the 82k) in 2015. Otti stands a big chance. Forget the votes garnered by APC last 2 weeks. Even Apga folks voted for buhari.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Dareal90s(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Paperwhite:
Imagine what a VP of a country is saying.I'm ashame as a Nigerian.
So because he is d VP he shouldn't campaign again, where do u keep ur brain?

4 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by obonujoker(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Person wey no fit win him PU

1 Like

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by MrMcJay(m): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2019
Honestly, PDP needs to lose Abia to Apga or any other party. In fact, any party with a candidate who is a stooge of Orji Uzor Kalu needs to lose also.

That OUK is the architect of the useless state Abia has become and the farther he's kept from power in Abia State, the better for the development of Abia.

PDP has messed Abia up, time to kick them out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by eagleeye2: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2019
Na lie. If you like write the result for Abuja, that one will not happen.
Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by northvietnam(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2019
Please and please Oooooo.. .

Make Apc take over that state.... Uche oga will do better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by ggoldmine: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2019
How power changes people. undecided

He should know that those PDP politicians that destroyed Abia state are currently in APC, so, what makes them different from the current PDP politicians?

People's true nature are revealed when they've attained powerful positions. This VP has revealed his true nature.
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

2 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Iceman2017(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2019
Franklyspeakin:
I pRay APC takes over Abia. Abia State has suffered in PDPs hands. They are owing salaries up and down. We are tired of the God fatherism of T. A orji and ikuku. See I don't care if Apga or APC wins we just need change. But if APC and APGA in umuahia don't unite PDP under useless Gov okezie will win again
I told someone that PDP will actually win. Apga and APC has a good candidate. If Umuahia and old Bends cannot unite and present one person out of them. Ngwa will have majority of vote and at the end Ikpeazu will still be there.
Otto need to step down for Ogah.. And the whole of ohuhus and some Ngwa that is tired of the godfatherism in PDP will unite to vote him in

1 Like

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by Auladimeji2: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2019
Mynd44:
Loool.

Please, lets be serious
APC can take over Abia but it seems Igbos love underdevelopment, So Let PDP deal with them angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by StRichard(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2019
Chai! I wish it will come to pass I can't just wait

1 Like

Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by EllsBaba: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2019
Paperwhite:
Imagine what a VP of a country is saying.I'm ashame as a Nigerian.

undecided lipsrsealed Bulletproof oooooo
Re: Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo by kinibigdeal(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2019
Excaperx:

He also said they will take over Akwa ibom. That was why thugs were imported from Edo and Ekiti into the state. The thug were arrested but released this morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Surulere Bye-election: Otti To Lead 30-man Campaign Team For LP / Nigerian Quarantined In Hong Kong Over Ebola / Former Appointees Of Fayose Dump PDP, Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.