Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,300 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Social Media Critics Hurling Invective: A Case For Rep. Samuel Onuigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media Critics Hurling Invective: A Case For Rep. Samuel Onuigbo (338 Views)

Works To Commence At Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road Next Week — Hon. Onuigbo / Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya / 9th NASS: Tinubu Back S’east For President, S’west For Rep Speaker, Opposes Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Critics Hurling Invective: A Case For Rep. Samuel Onuigbo by DewOfHermon: 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Separating the social media critics who believe Elections are conducted with silly comments and not antecedents: A Case for Rep. Samuel Onuigbo

It was John Quincy Adams, an American statesman who served as the sixth President of the United States from 1825 to 1829 who stated that “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” One could adduce a thousand and one lessons from the above quote and match it with our leaders. If perchance, the quote is not in tandem with any leader of your choice, then the conclusion is yours to take. For the benefit of this article, I will state vehemently as I have always written without mincing words for my support for Rep. Samuel Onuigbo who happens to be the incumbent House of Representatives member for the Ikwuano/Umuahia North/Umuahia South Federal Constituency on why I supported him amidst all the invectives hurled at me both on social media and friendly gatherings with cronies who perceived me as an enemy for this singular support. They ended calling me all manner of unprintable names via my inbox on social media and even in the public space.

Without much ado, the election for the National Assembly (both the House of Representatives and Senate) has come and gone with a difference to show while separating the social media critics who believe politics are conducted with silly comments and not antecedents for the well being of the people. I believe this victory at the polls have proved the critics wrong as the voice of the people is truly the voice of God according to the age-long aphorism.

I once wrote an article entitled, the Definition of a true leader and qualities of a true leader were I enumerated therein with special emphasis on Rep. Sam Onuigbo on how he has effectively represented the people and brought in creativity into leadership. It would not be a coincidence if we say that Ken Robinson, British author, speaker and international advisor on education in the arts to government, non-profits, education and arts bodies, thought about the situation on ground with Rep Sam Onuigbo within the picture when he said, “the role of a creative leader is not to have all the ideas; it’s to create a culture where everyone can have ideas and feel that they’re valued.” This is indeed what Rep. Sam Onuigbo did by carrying everybody along in his Ikwuano/Umuahia North/Umuahia South Federal Constituency and the results have not shown otherwise. This is worthy of celebration as those who went on every acclaimed social media television channels in the guise of trying to talk down people’s conscience on the candidacy of Rep Sam. Onuigbo by casting aspersions here and there should have their tails in between their legs. One political neophyte was caught on camera saying, “Nobody supports failure.” I knew then he was envious of Rep. Sam Onuigbo’s achievement and antecedents or better still, he tried speaking ironically. Whichever way it is viewed, it was a costly joke that the lips were not supposed to crack nor brought to fore.

The social media has really helped a lot of people air their opinions irrespective of their age, social background, and academic qualification cum understanding of the political terrain of the country. However, abuse of this platform has become inevitable as so many people now hurl invectives at writers when creative writing enriched with facts are floated on this public space. Instead of writing constructive criticism without any need for rancour, they resort to displaying their subservient attitude. It beats my imagination that a sane fellow could come to a public space on social media and insults the persona on a write up as well as castigates the writer without leaving a mark to hold on to. I call these persons who are looking for cheap publicity on the thread of another as “e-idiots” (electronic idiots) who know nothing except the art of hurling and spewing invectives from their deranged and contaminated cerebral bank.

Permit me to say here that when you believe in the antecedents of a person and his credibility, no amount of distractions, side comments (facially or electronically) and bickering can change that because elections are conducted based on silly comments on social media. More so, this will not stop one from promoting those one believes in.

The same letters that gave rise to MEDIA also spell as AIMED. Hence, it is advisable that you aim properly before delivering a point of information on this social platform that is full of intellectual giants.

Remember, antecedents speak volume and louder than a gun powder from a fiery cannon sneezing fury at a battlefront. Politics has never been this better because the manifesto of Rep. Sam Onuigbo became a vehicle which propelled him through his tenure and into a new tenure because he was politically Effective, Accessible and Reliable (EAR). Now you can assert and affirm vehemently that he has our EARs shaking hands with his EAR road map for a greater and better constituency representation at the Federal House of Representatives at the National Assembly.

Ride on Rep. Sam Onuigbo. You’ve shown the true spirit of a leader and history will remember you for representing the Ikwuano/Umuahia North/Umuahia South Federal Constituency.

Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi writes from Umuahia, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Omo-agege Reveals What Will Happen In Electing The Senate President / Kano Deputy Governor Hav Bn Released Based On Bail Due To Immunity / Aftermath Of Akande's Right Of Reply: Nigerians Mock Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.